The Game of Your Childhood

Dr. Nerfball

Jan 28, 2009
Well it was a long childhood, and many games were played, so more than one from me.

Now i just skimmed through this, but I don't think anyone has said any of these: TETRIS! Hogs of war, dogs of war, Deus Ex, System Shock 2 (despite the fact I was like 12 at the time) and, to my eternal shame, Super Star Wars...

And the cany reader may notice most of those games are from different time periods, but my dad had most of these games scattered around the house so I just grabbed what I could before "The Great Cleansing" where the villainous mum swept the house clean of most of the awesome junk that was stored in corners.... Don't you hate it when they do that?

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
Can't really decide between KGB [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGB_(computer_game)] and Ultima Underworld: The Stygian Abyss [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultima_Underworld]

SageSteven

Feb 18, 2009
The defining game of my childhood was dragon warrior (the first one), then subsequently every other dragon warrior followed taking hours of my childhood from me.

BLOONINJA 503

Sep 20, 2008
Uh.....Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers:The Movie:The Game for the SEGA Genesis

then I got the N64...Super Smash Bros. was played a lot in my house.

Bakfiets

Feb 18, 2009
I'd have to say
- Secret of Mana for the snes, the first rpg ever with co-op mode those were happy days.
- Super Mario Bros 3, the first platformer I ever played.
- Mortal Kombat, this was huge when it came out and you were a kid, I still remember the day I first played it in the arcade.

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
Jungle strike, the first game I ever completed. Hells yeah.

God knows how I ever completed it. Went back and played it, died on the first level.

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Probably Super Mario Bros. 3, since I'd play that all the time (and so would my sisters).

Firefly22

Sep 3, 2008
Blake Stone : aliens of gold. It was a wolfenstien clone but a damn good one that I happily wasted many hours playing.

sssean

Feb 15, 2009
miracleofsound said:
rdaleric said:
Legend of zelda: Link to the past
I second that.. that game was just HUGE... and people think that GTA was the first open world game, sheesh
forgot to quote it in the last post!
i might have to buy the game again.