THE Game That Defined Your Childhood

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Crash Bandicoot, Psi-ops and the last two Timesplitters got so much love. Tekken also played a nice roll from 12 onward. Oh yeah, and most Star Wars flying games. Rogue Squadron 2/3 was awesome.

EDIT: HOW COULD I FORGET POKEMON?! Sadly my Blue cartridge lost it's save battery thing a few years ago...:(

Richard Hao

Mar 22, 2010
Final Fantasy VII. It was my very first RPG, the very first thing that moved me so much in life.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
There four that spring to mind. The first Crash Bandicoot and first Spyro the Dragon games on the PS1 then Sonic the Hedgehog and Bonanza Bros on the Sega.

All four of these games are games I played religiously as a child.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Pokemon, Rayman, Diablo, Neverwinter Nights.

No, I don't have one favorite game.

Pokemon made me like Japanese RPGs, Rayman action games, Diablo hack'n'slash, NwN was my first "MMO-esque" game and a Western RPG. There was also Heroes of Might and Magic, Worms and many great games I still like to play sometimes.

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Pokemon Red. I was't allowed games of my own, but I'd borrow my childhood best friend's and play it all night at sleepovers after she'd gone to bed.

A little over a year ago, in my first term at university and the first few weeks after permanently moving out of my parents' home, I finally bought the game (and a Gameboy Colour) off ebay. I'd been gaming for a while by that point of course, but it seemed like a suitable, if silly, way of marking my new-found independence :p

MegamanSora

Apr 1, 2012
I'm probably too young to answer this, seeing as I'm only 14, but the two games that stick out for me are Portal and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

Portal I've spent over 66 hours replaying on Steam, and Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask just has the most memories for me. Especially after I read the whole BEN story. *shivers*

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
For me it would have to be James Bond: Nightfire about 11 years ago, its the game that really got me into gaming...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/007_-_Nightfire_Coverart.png
Or any other James Bond games to be precise. I still think that Everything or Nothing is better than most 3rd person shooters today.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I guess I would have to say the Crash Bandicoot games and the Pokemon games although there are lots more than remind me of my childhood.

Wierdguy

Feb 16, 2011
imnotparanoid said:
This ************, if I could get my hands on it now, you bet I would play the hell out of it again.
*looks at his copy on the shelf*

... oh fuck it... you just made me want to replay it and I have no time! D:

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
Knights of the Old Republic

I was a HUGE Star Wars nerd, I played the hell out of 2000s-era Star Wars games. And THAT game was certainly the best of them all.

(Which may be partly why I'm hesitant to bash BioWare. They made FREAKING KOTOR. When I learned that, I yelled SIGN ME UP FOR MASS EFFECT)

Xannidel

Feb 16, 2011
Spyro, Crash, Rayman, Donkey Kong Country series, Myst, The 7th Guest, Phantasmagoria

Too many games to name JUST one.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010

This. It wasn't really that great, and I remember that every time you got a power up a flamboyantly gay sounding voice would proclaim "YEEAAH!!!" (the sound effects were all really weird), but when I think of my childhood, I can't help but hear this song:
I can't remember if I ever actually beat it. I remember the final "boss" encounter, but I don't remember if I eve got past him. It was fun though, it was like playing Pac-Man as one of the fruits (i.e. running, desperately trying not to be eaten by the anthropomorphic cheese wheel behind you)

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Tony Hawks pro skater 2, every single day me and my mate used to play it after school on my PS1, i miss those times, now i hate his guts and hes in another country and thps games turned to shit.

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
My first game was Sonic 2 for the Mega Drive, but I think the game that truly defined my childhood was Final Fantasy VI (or III as we knew it then).

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Not sure I have one in particular that defined it, although I do have four that instantly come to mind: Heart of Darkness, Tomb Raider 3 (both to a lesser extent), Deus Ex, and Thief 2.

I was shit at all of them, but I think the feeling of just missing out on being able to experience DX and Thief 2 properly when they first came out is what has led to my absolute need for developers to start making immersive-sims again.

It does kind of me put at odds with most people who seem to have been fed Nintendo's stuff through a bloody IV drip.

MaxiP62

Jul 10, 2011
Sonic The Hedgehog, First game I ever played and still haven't finished it all the way through! Damn!