The Glam Burger (also known as the how to spend money better thread)

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
So if you watched today's Feed Dump, you would have learned that this [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-2782654/That-s-no-cheap-date-World-s-expensive-gold-covered-burger-costs-1-100-contains-truffle-lobster-caviar.html] exists. This is the Glam Burger (pictured below), a hamburger that costs £1100. That's $1978 CAD.

But in my defense, it looked so tasty!

So now that we are armed with the knowledge that you can buy a burger, that food known to be the absolute PINNACLE of sophisticated cuisine, for as much as a used car; I think its appropriate to talk about how we, the Escapist community, would spend this money. And no, you don't have to spend the money on food if you don't want to.

Well, if I wanted burgers throughout a year, I could get one of my favorite restaurant burgers 174 times.

However, I'd probably be boring and spend it on film equipment. Sorry stomach, career comes first.

How would you spend that wad of cash?

[sup][sup]I'm never going to forgive anyone who says they're buying the Glam Burger.[/sup][/sup]

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
I think that's about ?1500, that seems like a good amount to upgrade my PC, finally have a high-end gaming rig.

Or a trip, going on holiday for a week or two.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah, this sort of thing really pisses me off for some reason. OTOH, I don't see why it's worse than splashing money around on other things for the sake of it, but that's really blatant.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
A new gaming desktop, 3/4ths of my Amazon wishlist, and for my boring contribution, help pay off my student loans. I'm still in shock that such a burger exist. It better be the best damn tasting thing on the planet.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
I've already got a new computer so.. I would put it with the rest of my "savings".

I'm not saving up for anything in particular though, my input is just that much more than my output and it tends to get larger if you got the ball rolling already so to say.

It's nice to have something to lean back on in harder times and when the unexpected happens.

I would not buy that burger, since I'm rather picky when it comes to food.. ,)

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Cider, cheese, crackers, chocolate and a new graphics card. In that order.

By the way, that burger looks surprisingly shitty for something so expensive.

SirDerpy

May 4, 2013
You can tell from the image that the only reason the burger's obscenely expensive is because they decided to put shit in a bun, then coat said bun with gold foil and diamond dust.

Well, ~2K will do wonders for starting up my investment portfolio; its not enough to pay for college in the future anyway, so might as well start increasing the amount until it can.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
I'd pay for a new desktop, most likely. My laptop is pretty decent for gaming but it can't run newer games at anything higher than medium settings.

Or I could get 400-500 Taco Bell steak quesadillas.

I aim high, let me tell ya.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
I live in the UK, so it wouldn't actually go that far. I guess I'd use the money to buy some bits for around the house, or maybe sink it into a holiday fund. I've got four kids though, £1100 wouldn't be enough to get us abroad on a good holiday by itself

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
SirDerpy said:
You can tell from the image that the only reason the burger's obscenely expensive is because they decided to put shit in a bun, then coat said bun with gold foil and diamond dust.
No, the actual ingredients are not cheap either. Granted most of the cost you're paying for is the marketing of "most expensive burger", but it's not like white truffles and kobe beef are something you pick up at a normal grocery store, especially in the amounts that they are using. From the looks of the video there's a full white truffle just jammed on top. Those alone are like $200 an ounce.

I am however not convinced that that combination of foods actually tastes any good all mixed together.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
I see no better use of my money than spending on food covered with gold leaf. Get all those essential gold nutrients in my diet.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
All I can think of while reading this is how much I want to murder rich people. I don't know why this kind of thing bothers me as much as it does but it really, really makes me want to murder wealthy humans beings.

If I had enough money to buy a single one of those burgers I would use it to get out of medical debt and the rest would go to making the savings account I should have opened for myself freaking years ago.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
A burger that has higher net worth than a significant proportion of the population?

Well done, Capitalism.

Well. Done.

(Geddit? It's a steak pun! But, seriously, the existence of this is sickening and I hope anyone who actually buys one of these things chokes on it.)

Edith The Hutt

Flying Monkey
Oct 16, 2010
Hmmm... now the obvious answer is to use the Burger Money to pay down debt or to invest it wisely or similar.

This is easily enough money to keep me fed properly for three months. I'm totally spending this to feed myself Raman for an entire year!

Apr 25, 2009
As my dad says in his exquisite prose-like manner:

'Today's expensive meal is tomorrow's floating turd.'

What the hell is the point, seriously? It's pretty dumb. I guess anyone who buys this by that point has so much money they don't even need to give a fuck.

With that money, I guess I'd just put it away until I needed it for important things.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
You'd think that spending more than a thousand quid would get you something decent looking at least. This just looks like someone threw a bunch of ingredients onto a burger.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Somehow I imagine that for another 900 quid, they'll force a couple of starving, homless orphan kids to watch you eat the glam burger.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Dalisclock said:
Somehow I imagine that for another 900 quid, they'll force a couple of starving, homless orphan kids to watch you eat the glam burger.
Yupp... why go halfway? If you are gonna be evil - be EVIL!.

About 1500? in cash? Man awesome. That's Month's of living. Would save it for rough times. Those are in a habit of coming every few years for me. Ah well, maybe 500 for a new computer.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Daverson said:
A burger that has higher net worth than a significant proportion of the population?

Well done, Capitalism.

Well. Done.

(Geddit? It's a steak pun! But, seriously, the existence of this is sickening and I hope anyone who actually buys one of these things chokes on it.)
BOOM BOOM!

On a totally unrelated note, you could get yourself a decent firearm, a revolutionary banner, and maybe find a wall to stick people up against for that much.