The Great Final Fantasy Retrospective - Let's Mosey

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
How could there be, they have maybe 2 scenes together and she dies almost immediately (one of the stupidest dead in video game). I think she genueinly has around 2 minutes of screen time in the entire game.
They expect you to watch the film. In which she gets another whole 5.

Seriously though, they do expect you to have seen the film, which is a ridiculous expectation. You can tell because one of the characters who appears in the pre-final-boss-fight cutscene wasn't even in the game. Just the film until that scene.

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
Well if we're doing lists now, I feel like I should post 13 Final Fantasy lists from a blogger that I like. I think they were worth the read.

Why is 10 the only one you refer to by Roman numeral?
Its the one people usually call that. I know the others had Roman Numerals on the box of course, but people called them 4, 6, 7, 8 etc (or well, 2 and 3 in the original US release).

X, X-2 were generally not referred to as 10 so that stuck

Brokencontroller

Elite Member
Dec 30, 2021
Country
usa
Its the one people usually call that. I know the others had Roman Numerals on the box of course, but people called them 4, 6, 7, 8 etc (or well, 2 and 3 in the original US release).

X, X-2 were generally not referred to as 10 so that stuck
I say ten and ten-two. But i also always wrote it with Xs.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Yo X-2 is probably the grindiest game in the series. Outside of 11 obviously.

I have made a mistake.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Uhhhh. My numbers....

Crystal Chronicles> FF Tactics Advance> FF Tactics Advance 2>10>4>10-2>6

I either haven't played the others or in the case of ones like the remake of 5, they didn't leave enough of an impression on me for me to give a rating.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
XIV is the only one I care about, which you will hear about at great length when the general arc of the thread reaches that point.
I thought Crit wasn't bothering with the MMOs?

Of course, the one we're all secretly waiting for is Mystic Quest. :p

Reactions: Dalisclock

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015

I think they do play XIV, or have played a reasonable portion of it.
Everyone is getting my thoughts on XIV regardless, once XIII (and its sequels?) have gotten their mauling frank analysis. (Well, XIV: A Realm Reborn onwards anyway. I never got to play 1.0 before it was cast into oblivion.)

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

I will be doing 14 because I actively already play that game so i might as well talk about it.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Man, I wish I could get into 14. Unfortunately, I am burned out on MMOs, or any online games for that matter. The game can pay me to play it and I still won't have the energy to play

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
Ooh, I just realized that you might complete the whole series faster than Projared on youtube.

The dude has been reviewing every mainline ff games since 2017, and just reviewed XII about a month ago.

I actually find both your prospective and that of PJ's to be interesting. You guys seem to agree on a lot of things, but disagree on other stuff as well

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Ooh, I just realized that you might complete the whole series faster than Projared on youtube.

The dude has been reviewing every mainline ff games since 2017, and just reviewed XII about a month ago.

I actually find both your prospective and that of PJ's to be interesting. You guys seem to agree on a lot of things, but disagree on other stuff as well
Projared played FF11 which I wont do. Also he tweeted that he had to play FF12 twice because the first playthroughs footage got corrupted.

Also he streams and plays other games a lot as well so there are rather long breaks between FF games.

Reactions: BrawlMan