The Hacklefer's Secret Vacation

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
The Hacklefer's Secret Vacation

Good sound proof closets make good neighbors.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Wow, this is... disturbing, less so for the imagery more so for being something I've said before... and the mental image matches the drawing. Good show, keep up the great work... and get out of my head.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
How morbid. I would quip that this is the work of a deranged mind, but honestly I've done similarly disturbing comics. So perhaps I should just shut my stupid face.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
ZZoMBiE13 said:
How morbid. I would quip that this is the work of a deranged mind, but honestly I've done similarly disturbing comics. So perhaps I should just shut my stupid face.
I'm not the kind of guy that tells someone how to run their face.
If you do choose to shut it I can only hope that you reopen it every Wednesday around this time.
This goes to all those who dare communicate with me.
OPEN YOUR FACES!

Which Pokémon is the flesh-eating one?
I need the bloated eyeless one that lives beneath the earth,
the one that Ash fed all the carcasses of those that failed him.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
Nick Lerman said:
I think it's Diglett. Nobody knows what they look like beneath their torpedo heads, and we know that can't be all there is.

Also, I like this. It's so wonderfully strange, and the colored pencils make it even more unnerving.

Dr.Susse

Lv.1 NPC
Apr 17, 2009
Messy closets filled with surprise
Can be good or bad as some would surmise
and old toy or an human skull
Or a portal to a world ruled by a seagull

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I really like how bizarre and dark these usually are, but I have to ask...
Did you think about using other colouring methods? Or digitally enhancing the pics or something?
I'll be frank, I like the content and I like the look of the banner, but the comics themselves often don't look that great. Could you apply that sheen to them that you apparently did on the banner? Or is that too time-intensive?
Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but the banner looks digitally touched-up (and better for it!).

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
Skeleon said:
I really like how bizarre and dark these usually are, but I have to ask...
Did you think about using other colouring methods? Or digitally enhancing the pics or something?
I'll be frank, I like the content and I like the look of the banner, but the comics themselves often don't look that great. Could you apply that sheen to them that you apparently did on the banner? Or is that too time-intensive?
Maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, but the banner looks digitally touched-up (and better for it!).
Thanks for the criticism and the questions. I am always hungry to know what my viewers think.

My art is amateurish at best. Some might even call it juvenile.

I enjoy drawing with pencils and do, upon occasion, try out a filter or two in Photoshop like in the banner that you mentioned. I enjoy oversaturating the colors but everything else tends to put me off.

Artistically, I remain an unskilled luddite. My humble origins come from drawing pictures and putting them in my kid's lunch bags. I try to tone down the macabre nature with the children with varying degrees of success.

Perhaps if FwP survives the harsh winter I will evolve like a Pokémon and become the artist you so desire.

Until then, just pretend we are in class and I'm passing you a semi-humorous doodle when the teacher looks away.

You will either smile or pretend not to know me but, if we get caught, don't worry, I'll take the blame.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Nick Lerman said:
Perhaps if FwP survives the harsh winter I will evolve like a Pokémon and become the artist you so desire.
I'd like to see that because I really enjoy the content and I can see what it could look like. Again, ho harsh feelings please, I just think it'd benefit the comic.

Nick Lerman

Aug 27, 2013
rhizhim said:
the funny part is that there wont be skeletons in the closet after a year. people dont decompose that fast.
I'm glad you were able to extract something funny from this week's edition.

The rate of decomposition varies greatly due to many variables.
It could be as fast as a month or two in the right conditions or as long as decades.
I assure you that a year is all that Vance and Edith will need.
That's not even taking into consideration the flesh-eating beetles.

I am prepared to sit down with you electronically and have a frank and open discussion about decomposition.
It's a subject that everyone will become very familiar with at some point.

Farther than stars

Jun 19, 2011
Nick Lerman said:
Uh, please don't do a drawing about Pokemon. I mean, I like your art and all, Mr. Lerman, but Pokemon is morbid enough as it is with all the large-scale societally approved cockfighting matches, which are then advocated to our children under the guise of entertainment; I don't think it needs any more macabre.