The Halo 5: Guardians Launch Trailer Brings on the Hype

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Halo 5: Guardians Launch Trailer Brings on the Hype

"Experience the beginning of the greatest hunt in video game history."

The gameplay launch trailer for Halo 5: Guardians has hit, giving us just under three minutes of action, including a (predictable) face-to-face encounter between Master Chief and Spartan Locke. In Halo 5, Chief goes rogue and "the hero becomes the hunted" as Locke is tasked with bringing him in.

The trailer, which is light on spoilers and heavy on hype, is punctuated by "Knights of Cydonia [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Yc3HhSl1Q]" by Muse.

In other Halo 5: Guardians news, a Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians bundle [http://imgur.com/a/CeNPs] for $499.

Halo 5: Guardians releases on October 27 on Xbox One.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
This has got to be the only title that MS believes is keeping the Xbone afloat by now. You can be sure as shit they are piling as much cash and pressure onto 343 as they can; don't screw this up, 343, the dark eye of Spencer is ever-watching...ever-wrathful...
*Cue kinect startup noise*

The_Darkness

Nov 8, 2010
Gah, Microsoft, you really want me to buy an XboxOne, don't you? Ugh, what I wouldn't give to have this on PC...

Looks fun; I've always liked the idea of parallel campaigns telling the same events from different perspectives. When it works, it REALLY works.

Ah well, here's hoping Halo5 gets good reviews. And then, one day, when Microsoft is selling the Xbox2 or whatever, I may finally pick up the X1 for some cheap price and give this a whirl... (You know, because Fillion...)

MiskWisk

Mar 17, 2012
You know, this was a really nice trailer for the most part. It got me pumped, showed off a few things that made me really interested (more games need ground pounds dammit!) and it made me think Microsoft have put some real effort behind this. Then it killed my enthusiasm by reminding me it is an Xbone exclusive. Maybe in a few years Microsoft, but not today.

Also, does anyone else get the feel that the guys behind the cutscenes are beginning to get desperate to make this a high budget TV series or movie series? The CGI made me think of a guy crying to his boss "Just let us make this a movie! We have proof it can work!"

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Very pretty cutscenes, but try to save a little for the game please, Microsoft. Thanks.

I'm curious as to how Halsey is back with the good guys. Last I saw of her, she was working with the enemy elites--and her arm was missing. So did that happen in one of the two books I haven't read yet (just yes or no if you know, no spoilers please), or are they going to explain it in the game?

I do want to know what Master Chief is up to, because I highly doubt it's what ONI wants everyone to believe.

Also, love Buck's line, "How are we supposed to bring them in? Ask nicely?"

WNxSajuukCor

Oct 31, 2007
Sniper Team 4 said:
I'm curious as to how Halsey is back with the good guys. Last I saw of her, she was working with the enemy elites--and her arm was missing. So did that happen in one of the two books I haven't read yet (just yes or no if you know, no spoilers please), or are they going to explain it in the game?
From the opening cinematic it seems the first mission is Osiris Team fishing her out of Sangheili hands.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Ugh. I was enjoying it until they started that obnoxious rock theme. Yes, I know it's a remix of the Halo Theme, but if anything, that's just putting salt in the wound. :(

EffectiveKill

Feb 22, 2010
Hawki said:
Ugh. I was enjoying it until they started that obnoxious rock theme. Yes, I know it's a remix of the Halo Theme, but if anything, that's just putting salt in the wound. :(
Pretty sure that song was Knights of Cydonia by Muse not a remix of the halo theme.

Mar 26, 2008
EffectiveKill said:
Hawki said:
Pretty sure that song was Knights of Cydonia by Muse not a remix of the halo theme.
And it fitted the trailer nicely!

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
So much hype. It makes me almost want to look for Halo 4 at the used game shop and let that convince me whether to buy an xbone when it drops dramatically in price in a few years.