The "haunted' Majora's mask Cartridge

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
So...yeah, i only recently found out about this damned thing existing.
For those, like me, who are new to this piece of news i shall explain it in brief and include a link: Apparently some college Student picked up a copy of majora's mask from an old guy at a garage sale. After he deleted a file called "Ben", the game started to do rather odd things that went beyond simple glitches. For example, texts that wouldn't normally appear and actions occuring in game that don't happen regularly. Anyway, thats the short version, for more just read here (http://inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com/2010/09/majora.html)

So Escapists, what is your opinion on this or do you even think its really haunted.

Blackadder51

Escapecraft Operator
Jun 25, 2009
Dude search bar, 3rd thread i have seen about it.

Even though in the video its obvious its a fake, its a well told story that did have me a tad bit creeped out when i first read it.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Lol ITT: People believing in creepypasta.
My thoughts exactly.

If anyone believes this stuff they are a complete baboon, and don't understand the concept of creepypasta.

Beartrucci

Jun 19, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Lol ITT: People believing in creepypasta.
This keeps happening to me on The Escapist, I see a post and try to 'Like' it as if it were a Facebook comment. Your post is one of them.

That's just a fancy way of saying I agree, I suppose.

While some of the creepypasta stories are pretty creepy, it's hard to actually believe any of them are real.

Eddikins

Jul 1, 2010
This is actually one of the best Creepypastas ive read, because it actually had a sense of realness throughout until it started talking about how ben was haunting the guy through the cartridge.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
I would say because it's packed full of obvious literary giveaways, especially at the start where the writer talks about obtaining the cartridge and the fact that only a loon believes that stuff in the first place, that believers would be few and far between. Was I ever wrong.
More people then I imagined really want this crap to be true, at least that is the only excuse I can imagine for believing what is a remarkably amateurish story.

All in all, the writer needs some work, especially on subtlety. Try again? Or not up to the writer I guess.

L3m0n_L1m3

Jul 27, 2009
Heh, I heard about this in another thread.

The story itself made it sound pretty creepy, but then when I saw the videos of it?

"Oh, this is just a bad rom hack."

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Really well told. I couldn't let it go until the very end, even if it IS a big wall-o-text.

Awesome story, just imaging it gave me the creeps.

Flying-Emu

Oct 30, 2008
I think that Pokemon creepypasta tends to be better.

At least until you realize that they're all the same thing.

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
I read that story not two days ago.

Haunted video games, really guys? That's just illogical.
Although to be totally honest, when I read the story I did have a moment of "this is disturbing" - but if you watched the youtube videos that accompany this creepypasta, well, it's just laughable. It's so easy to manipulate videogames, the "scary" glitches are obviously just a ROM hack.

British-Hobo

Jan 3, 2010
I loved the story, really well done and creepy, but the comments at the bottom of the page just made me hate people. Stuff like 'Oh, REAL good switching to Ocarina of Time at the end there! FAKE! You just hacked the game and wrote a story to go along with it, real clever!'

Yeah, because I was believing the possessed demon cartridge, but then I started to grow skeptical when I realized the recordings were too good quality for an N64 game...

Idiots.

Mar 9, 2010
Oh creepypasta, how you make good fun. I prefer to believe them, they're better that way. I was kinda disappointed to find out that the Pokemon creepypasta was untrue. I wish there was spooky shit like that happening.

Jazoni89

Dec 24, 2008
Its not real he was using the project 64 emulator with beta quest enabled. That which randomly scripts the game so you end up in odd places and odd things happen.

Don't belive me look

Well that takes care of that mystery. This proves that it is in no way shape or form real.

Plus you can tell it's emulated because of the high resolution textures. Im pretty sure the nintendo 64's wasn't capable of such textures.

Wolf Devastator

Doomsday Arcade Fanatic
Nov 12, 2008
Jazoni89 said:
Its not real he was using the project 64 emulator with beta quest enabled. That which randomly scripts the game so you end up in odd places and odd things happen.

Don't belive me look

Well that takes care of that mystery. This proves that it is in no way shape or form real.

Plus you can tell it's emulated because of the high resolution textures. Im pretty sure the nintendo 64's wasn't capable of such textures.
Cool. Amazing that someone took the time to create a great story surrounding an old game using an emulator. Created quite a buzz.

Btw, the (final?) video will be posted tonight at 11:04, love the timing. Whoever made this is amazing.