The Holiday Council

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
[HEADING=1]The Holiday Council[/HEADING] We are unofficial group of Escapists that have come together to add a little holiday cheer to your avatars! Stay tuned for posts here about different themes and the like.

The Holiday Council User Group: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Holiday-Council

If you have suggestions for holidays or themes, feel free to post them here! However, we do have guidelines for which holidays we decide to do.

• 1) We try to pick holidays that are mostly secular in nature, so as to avoid alienating non-religious members of the site. As such, we will not be doing Easter, or Passover, or things like that. Holidays that were religious but have become more secular over time, such as Halloween, are fair game for consideration, but if a more secular and popular holiday falls nearby we may decide to use that.

2) We try to pick holidays with worldwide recognition, or at least as far as the demographics represented on the site. As such, we won't be doing things like the Fourth of July, or Bastille Day, or Australia Day.

3) We do not want to flood the site with holidays. As such, we will not be doing minor holidays like Pi Day, Pancake Day, or International Talk Like A Pirate Day. I'm sorry if your favorite minor holiday doesn't count, but we want to give people a chance to go back to their regular avatars for a majority of the year.

Remember folks, noone is forcing you to change your avatar. If you don't like the theme, you don't have to use it. In fact, several times we have had members of the Council itself refuse to participate in the theme because they dislike it. Please, don't post in the thread about how much you hate the theme, just go on your way and wait for the next one.

If you want to discuss the Council itself, or the current theme, feel free to post in this thread about it. This thread isn't just for avatar edits you know!

[HEADING=3]Current Theme[/HEADING]

[HEADING=2]Halloween, AWAYYYYY![/HEADING]

Seriously guys, I'm so freaking sorry for the late update, my computer hates me T-T

The Holiday Council members are as follows:

[user]Xitel[/user]
[user]Galletea[/user]
[user]Fanboy[/user]
[user]Erana[/user]
[user]Baby Tea[/user]
[user]Conqueror Kenny[/user]
[user]sky14kemea[/user]
[user]Monkfish Acc.[/user]

With special thanks to:

[user]Frank_Sinatra_[/user]
[user]megapenguinx[/user]

And everyone else who has helped us out along the way!

If you aren't on the council, still feel free to PM me with ideas for avatar edits or holidays.

Just hit one of the spoiler boxes to see the previous themes we've done!
Alright fellow Escapists, I think it's time we spread the holiday trend. galletea got it started, I joined in, and now we're making it a full blown Escapist theme. Time to put a piece of holly in your avatar. If you can't, post it here and we'll see what we can do to help out. Here's a sample piece to get you started:
http://www.hiltonheadislandphotography.com/images/holly_l.png[/img
][/spoiler]

[spoiler=New Years] For our New Years trend, we're going with putting the year into your avatar. Here's the prototype:
[img]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4679/awesome2jb7copy2cgs3.jpg

With Valentines coming up around the corner, we're moving on to the new theme. Roses! Here is an example, thanks to Fanboy:

For St. Patrick's Day, we're doing shamrocks!

Labyrinth said:
A suggestion, as one who has never been involved with this council, but feels it has a place.

Pink Lightsabers added to Avatars in solidarity with Darth Mobius and Darth Empyrear. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/jump/18.82674.1452208]

With March Mayhem now in full swing, we're turning out efforts to that. So if you want an avatar for it, post here: March Mayhem Avatar Thread Good luck to everyone!

Righto, now that I'm back in action, I can safely announce that the new theme is going to be...

[HEADING=1]Escapist Day![/HEADING]

A celebration of the day the first issue of The Escapist was "published", July 12. The theme is going to be throwing up the Escapist "e" into the avatar, along with some other stuff if you can come up with it. I'll put the message out to the other artists on the team, and I'll have a prototype up soon.

A copy of the E from the logo, a bit edited so you can see it better, until I get a copy of the original thing from the art team.

And another version, thanks to ZeusFace

Summer! That's right folks, now that it's summer for most of us Escapists, besides those crazy Aussies, we're throwing the Council into summer mode! Fun in the sun, on the beach, or just being lazy and hiding from the scary outdoors in your basement? It's all good, it's summer!

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Why would we do that? No one likes holly. It's all about anti-holly!

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Noooooooo! Which side will I choose? Holly or anti-Holly?

First one to give me an edited version of my avatar w/ holly or anti-holly gets my allegiance.

http://static.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/users/avatars/283750.jpg

Resizing is acceptable, as long as it will still work as an avatar.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Liverandbacon said:

First one to give me an edited version of my avatar w/ holly or anti-holly gets my allegiance.

ChocoCake

Nov 23, 2008
This should take a sec...
I think I will add your holly, and decide which I like better.
Will edit it into here soon...

EDIT: Finally got around to fixing it, it is very hollified.

John Galt

Dec 29, 2007
I hear, and I obey! Let the Holly spread like holy fire across this non-festive board! Let all who gaze upon it's green and red majesty be filled with the Christmas spirit, and may they be granted the gift of Holly, so they may better serve the Spirit of Christmas!

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Anti-holly for the misanthropes, and holly for the pessimists. There, evenly divided up.

jim_doki

Mar 29, 2008
i would love to change my avatar to a christmas theme, but all i want for christmas is standing next to me

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
Your.Name.Here said:
I'm technologically retarded I daresay, but a Santa hat on this bad-boy would be pretty cool.

Just so you folks know, I'm just copy pasting this stuff with MS Paint. Anyone out there with anything better, your help would be much appreciated.

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
mydogisblue said:
Does it have to be that piece of holly?
No, just holly in general. I believe galletea drew hers herself.

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
crimson5pheonix said:
Stop being anti all the time. Eeesh.
Huzzah for holly.
Edit: And yes, any piece of holly will do, and yes I drew mine.

Liverandbacon

Nov 27, 2008
Avatar changed for the triumph of Holly!

Of course, there isn't any holly in my avatar, is there...

crimson5pheonix

Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
galletea said:
crimson5pheonix said:
Stop being anti all the time. Eeesh.
Huzzah for holly.
What's wrong with being anti? Anti is the new black!

xitel

Assume That I Hate You.
Aug 13, 2008
BudZer said:
Liverandbacon said:

Resizing is acceptable, as long as it will still work as an avatar.
This is seconded for BudZer, but there is promise of delicious treats if you complete mine before you complete Liverandbacon's.
Sorry, didn't see your post before I started work on his. Let me get it for you.

EDIT: Job's Done!

Dr Pussymagnet

a real piece of shit
Dec 20, 2007
rottenbutter said:
I have become one with the holly. Bow before my presents.
Everyone's picture ends up looking bigger than it really does on my screen, so I can only assume that that green thing I'm seeing on your avatar is the holly.

Cause right now it looks like a pickle is pointing at the mouth.