The human body is a,not so much, ticking time bomb

Omega07

Sep 1, 2010
what ever the case... i`m not really special because everyone else on the planet has also that force squashed under their clothes...

also... Fat people apparently are the BOMB!

think about it... fat people are more destructive than thin people. and if every person on this planet would simultaneously implode/explode (choose whichever), i`m guessing we`d get something similar to a small star exploding...

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
If you find those 70 kgs of antimatter, please send me an e-mail. I might have evil plans.

Captain__Cookies

Jun 7, 2010
GeneralKrunk said:
If you took a 120 kilogram human being and through some kind of magic or with antimatter turned his mass into energy the resulting explosion could destroy 15000 dairy barns.
Just to be picky for the hell of it, if you were to use antimatter and annihilate all of the mass, you would get twice as much energy (antimatter mass energy converted too), so it would be 30,000 dairy barns

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I'll remember this the next time my Stat Trek teleporter turns me into energy and transports me to a planet.

deathninja

Dec 19, 2008
Convert it to double decker buses or football pitches and I'm sure the BBC will syndicate this.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
GeneralKrunk said:
Alright so I got bored and decided to do some math, because bitches love math or so the internet told me. Here is what I discovered:
If you took a 120 kilogram human being and through some kind of magic or with antimatter turned his mass into energy the resulting explosion could destroy 15000 dairy barns.
Warning math below this line
Alright so we take the 120 kilos and toss it on into every 8th grade science teachers fovorite equation E=mc2
E=energy
M=mass, not matter.
C=the speed of light in meters per second
just so everyone is on the same page.
Right so 120kgx(300000000x300000000)= 1.08e+19 J or 10800000000000000000 joules.
Making that an explosion gives us 2581.3 megatonnes of explosive force.
which would do some serious dammage.
So whenever your feeling insignificant just remember you (technically) have the power of a 2581.3 megatonnes bomb sqashed into your clothes.
Youre right about the antimatter. Antimatter and matter coming in contact results in energy. But I think its only a 20% conversion or something like that.

GeneralKrunk

Sep 13, 2010
All just theoretical of course, if there was an actual convertion it would be pretty lame.
fission for instance has something like a 3% conversion. and fusion isn't much better.
So again its just for giggles and what ifs and comic books.
And to the guy thats still feeling insignificant, just remember. I think your a pretty alright guy. There feel better?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
'Ticking time bomb' implies that sooner or later, that energy is going to be released. That's kinda unlikely, although it would be a badass way to die.

ChildishLegacy

Apr 16, 2010
Saucycardog said:
Antimatter and matter coming in contact results in energy. But I think its only a 20% conversion or something like that.
When antimatter collides with matter, it annihilates every time I'm pretty sure, converting all of the mass into energy. It would be a 100% conversion provided all of it collides.

GeneralKrunk said:
Right so 120kgx(300000000x300000000)= 1.08e+19 J or 10800000000000000000 joules.
Also you would have to have your mass in antimatter to do this conversion, which would also be annihilated in the process, so the energy released would be double the value stated in the OP. I also think that a lot of the energy is released as photons rather than as heat, so I'm not sure if it would have an apocalyptic effect, but it would certainly do some damage.
The amount of radiation released wouldn't be too nice for anybody either.

GeneralKrunk

Sep 13, 2010
is the "not so much" part of the title invisible? It says The human body is a, not so much, ticking time bomb. meaning that its not ticking...