The Human Centipede Receives Video Game Tribute/Parody

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
The Human Centipede Receives Video Game Tribute/Parody

Atari classic Centipede and surgical-horror film The Human Centipede have been grafted together to create an 8-bit Flash parody.

The Human Centipede (First Sequence)has earned a ton of publicity over the past few weeks, mainly because the film has left critics nauseous instead of impressed. a parody of the film has been created in the form of a video game, which is based on the 1980 Atari classic Centipede.

A Flash game created by I-Mockery, it features gameplay straight out of the original Centipede and 8-bit graphics that seem straight out of the 1980s.

Players assume the role of Dr. Heiter, the film's mad surgeon who assembles the titular creature. According to the game's intro screen, "your patients are not pleased with being human centipedes and have begun to rebel against you. Now you must take your trusty rifle and put down these human centipedes like the bad dogs they are."

The differences between this game and Centipede are really only in the visuals. The encroaching centipede is a chain of human bodies linked together, other enemies are police officers and police cars, and the centipede chain can be slowed down when Dr. Heiter collects water glasses laced with roofies.

Other than that, the gameplay is identical to the original Atari title. Players shoot at the oncoming centipede, which splits in two if any body part other than the head is hit. Tombstones serve as the same obstacles the mushrooms did in Centipede, and the other enemies bounce across the player's field of movement.

The satire is definitely well-done, but it's not exactly a comfortable play experience when you know just what the game is mocking. The longer you play, the more icky you feel.

Source: The New York Times

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
The Movie is SO gross, and apparently the director said that compared to the sequal, this one is gonna look like my princess pony.

EDIT: Just throwing in a warning here, the below spoiler DOES contain the end of the movie, and some gross shit if you ask me, open at own risk (its just text though, no pictures....OR ARE THERE!?!?!?)

I mean, they have to pass food by literally shitting into each others mouths, and then the front and back one die, and the middle one is left screaming in hysterics! FUCKED UP MAN!

Mar 16, 2009
The actual premise of the movie is more disgusting than the execution. I get uneasy pretty easily but I was able to sit through the movie without even a groan. I do agree with Deofuta, though, it is definately fucked up.
Just like the movie, the premise of the game is enough to sell it. Unlike the movie, the premise is hilarious.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Deofuta said:
The Movie is SO gross, and apparently the director said that compared to the sequal, this one is gonna look like my princess pony.

I mean, they have to pass food by literally shitting into each others mouths, and then the front and back one die, and the middle one is left screaming in hysterics! FUCKED UP MAN!
I'm.... Terrified at that.

Seriously, How fucked up do you have to be to think of something like that?

Anyway, I'm all for satire...

But just the subject matter...it frightens me....

O_O

EDIT: Also, Hello new news room guy! Diden't see you come in!

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Ah, yes. The Human Centipede. Another would-be horror auteur gets his pants tight by making women eat sh*t.
I'll pass.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Seriously, what kind of fucked up person thought that was a good premise for a movie?
*EDIT* I second the welcome of the new news room guy.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Sir Kemper said:
Deofuta said:

O_O

Thanks for the welcome! It's great to be here :D

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
LiquidGrape said:
Ah, yes. The Human Centipede. Another would-be horror auteur gets his pants tight by making women eat sh*t.
I'll pass.
LiquidGrape said:
I'll pass.
Perhaps the man who directed the infamous "2 Girls 1 Cup" became an Indie Moive producer?

vansau said:
Sir Kemper said:
Deofuta said:

O_O

Thanks for the welcome! It's great to be here :D
No thanks needed, just keep provideing us with news, and interesting discussion topics, and you'll never need to know why we don't go into the basement!

I kid, I kid. :p

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
Yeah, it was fucked up, but.. it was also rather 'meh'. The movie is in two parts: leading up to the creature, and then having the creature. But... it doesn't do anything with it! It's like "look, a human centipede! yeah... there it is... yep... a human centipede... yeah..." and then the movie ends. Huh. Aisde from having "a human centipede!" there really isn't much point to it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
My god lol. Have not seen the film
yet but from everything I have heard...wow lol

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
I read the plot and wasn't really bothered, I think my six year old cousin can come up with better stuff. It just looks like a seven year old falling asleep while thinking of stuff to do to his brother.

So I have to ask, is the movie really that bad?

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Read the synopsis......Wow....

That's pretty messed up.

And now they took a precious childhood memory and fused it with "that".......

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
I loved the film, I don't believe it's meant to be taken seriously which most people did. I looked at it as black comedy and laughed my ass off throughout.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
For the love of god, will this thing please just go away? I want this bloody thing to disappear and stop being reminded of it, because every time I tink about it I start to feel sick and angry. It's horrible, and if it doesn't go away it's going to start haunting my dreams.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Please for the love of god take down that link to the wikipidea page in the article. I cannot regret learning about this film and reading the synopsis enough.