The Humble Voxatron Debut Gets "Bundlier"

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The Humble Voxatron Debut Gets "Bundlier"

The Humble Voxatron Debut has just become bundlier with the addition of Blocks That Matter and The Binding of Isaac.

The newest addition to the Humble Bundle series actually debuted a couple days ago, but it wasn't much of a bundle. It was the Humble Voxatron Debut, a partnership between the Humble Bundle guys and Lexaloffle Games that had all the usual Humble trimmings - pay what you want, donate to charity, totally indie - but just one game: Voxatron [http://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php], Lexaloffle's voxel-based premier offering.

But now things are a whole lot "bundlier" thanks to the addition of two more titles you might have heard of: The Binding of Isaac [http://www.swingswingsubmarine.com/games/blocks-that-matter/]. You know the drill: pay more than the average for the Humble Voxatron Debut and you'll get all three titles for a stupidly low price, and if you've already put down your money you can pop back in and snag the other two whenever you want. And as always, whatever you pay for the bundle can be divided in any way you see fit between the developers, the EFF, Child's Play and the Humble Bundle guys themselves.

I can't say it's my favorite Humble Bundle ever but so far it's doing pretty well for itself. With just over 12 days remaining it's already notched up over $484,000, with an average purchase price of $4.62. Linux users are leading the way, ponying up an average of $7.56 per bundle, followed by the Macheads at $5.90 and the Windows gang at $4.16.

The ridiculously cheap Humble Voxatron Debut will be available until November 14, so grab it if you want it at humblebundle.com [http://www.humblebundle.com].

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
I was rather Curious over Voxatron anyway when i picked it up, was only slightly surprised when i got the update over the other two games as... well they've done this twice before on us.

Im not saying it was a bad surprise Though, even if i do feel i under spent this time now.

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
Fantastic. I was very disappointed when they came out with just one game. Well, bought now, I've been meaning to get Binding Of Isaac for a while now anyway.

Feb 13, 2008
Binding of Isaac - Really not what we want the tabloids to see...

It's a good game, but ...Frankie Boyle would be saying "That's a bit over the line, lads."

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I think these bundles need to be spaced out a bit more. When I got the notification e-mail my response was for the first time not "Cool! What games are there?", but "Again?" I'm all for games and charity but I hadn't even deleted the torrents for the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle yet.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
Shoot, and I just bought Bindings of Isaac for full price a few weeks back. Still, awesome game, and a great reason for anyone else to pick up this bundle.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
sadly I'm going to have to pass on this one. I recently bought Uncharted 3, Bastion as well as last 2 humble bundle I have yet to finish

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Formica Archonis said:
I think these bundles need to be spaced out a bit more. When I got the notification e-mail my response was for the first time not "Cool! What games are there?", but "Again?" I'm all for games and charity but I hadn't even deleted the torrents for the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle yet.
I don't know. I find it great that there are a lot of indie developers willing to help out charities to do this frequently.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I think this'll be the last time I pass on the bundle, I just got like, 5 copies of the last one, it's too soon, even if the games look quite good.