The Kids Aren't Alright in Gotham

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
The Kids Aren't Alright in Gotham

While "LoveCraft" is mostly about Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, Alfred steals the show in Gotham's midseason finale.

Read Full Article

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
Bicondova's delivery of "Don't! You won't make it!" Stood out for being teeth-clenching levels of awful. Just a shocking moment of "What went wrong with this scene!?" Because I feel like everywhere else she's not bad, it was just that one moment where any shred of acting talent flew out the window.

WhiteFangofWhoa

Jan 11, 2008
Had a feeling someone would make the Cthulu pun, even if Lovecraft turned out to be only a small cog in the end. Now I'm left wondering if Mayor Walters' initial idiocy might be a front after all with how he refers to himself as the 'very foundation of Gotham' and immediately formulates a plan to both exonerate his friend and be rid of a nosy cop who arrested him once. Probably just a red herring- still no real clues on who the heads of the Wayne murder conspiracy are. Court of Owls, perhaps?

Good mid-season ender with multiple goodbyes (Edward hugging Gordon was probably his best scene in the series IMO) and big changes on the horizon for just about everyone. Hate to agree with the general consensus on the character, but all the episodes after Barbara's temporary departure have been noticeably stronger for her absence. A deliberate contrast to have her come back later stronger and more sure of herself than before? Time will tell.

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
I really enjoy this series, especially watching it with my girlfriend and at times her roommates. I don't know if I could bare to watch it alone. There's a lot of good (Harvey, Fish, Cobblepot, ALFRED) and bad (Barbara, the kid actors) with Gordon stuck in between. It's enough to keep me on board, although some of the things feel quite forced to (already?) be in a prequel to Batman, the same way the prequel movies turned Star Wars into a small village as opposed to an epic galaxy (to be fair, you can already see this in the original trilogy if you scrutinize it). All in all, I don't know if I can recommend it, but having watched every episode it has sunk in enough hooks for me to come back next year.

P.S. Incidentally I was not aware this was a mid-season finale, now more excited to see where Cobblepot will take us next year!

crazygameguy4ever

Jul 2, 2012
i wonder if that female assassin was suppose to be the female version of Copperhead? she favored killing by coiling her body around her victims like a snake afterall...

Wolyo

Sep 27, 2013
crazygameguy4ever said:
i wonder if that female assassin was suppose to be the female version of Copperhead? she favored killing by coiling her body around her victims like a snake afterall...
Yep she is Copperhead. We will surely see her again.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Still not sure who this is for! The assassins murder and cut open an innocent man for almost no reason! I just don't expect "The Shield" level of violence in a fantasy action show. I hasn't been like that in Flash. Flash has an added bonus of giving us a super hero and lots of visuals. Marvel, Agents of Shield likewise does not have this kind of brutality.

That written, Alfred was bad ass.

bluepotatosack

Mar 17, 2011
Does anybody else think that Falcone demanded more money from his capos just to see how they would react? The ones with nothing to hide pushed back just a bit. Fish, not wanting to seem confrontational, went complacently along.

jamail77

May 21, 2011
Gorfias said:
Still not sure who this is for! The assassins murder and cut open an innocent man for almost no reason!
On some level they might have been enjoying it. The woman also reaches into the innocent man's guts and rubs the blood on her forehead, so maybe she didn't want to harm herself just to fake Alfred out when there's perfectly good blood from a dead guy.

After that scene it is kind of weird how she tells people how they don't have to get hurt because they're not on the contract. What about that guy you killed at the beginning? You could have pretended to leave, wait for him to go somewhere more advantageous to your stealth tactics, and well, put those stealth tactics into use.

The show really is all over the place, but it's got little sparks here and there that might just barely make it worth watching if the quality stays where it is or goes slightly up. I don't think I'll be able to stick it out long enough for it to get more consistent though.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
jamail77 said:
it's got little sparks here and there that might just barely make it worth watching if the quality stays where it is or goes slightly up. I don't think I'll be able to stick it out long enough for it to get more consistent though.
I know what you mean. It's a slog. Some moments of fun, discovering the world Batman inhabits. Other times, I'm like, am I watching the Sopranos? Too violent for Flash/Smallville level fantasy.