The Killing of a Sacred Deer - Let's Try a Video Review

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The Killing of a Sacred Deer - Let's Try a Video Review

Let's dig into the weirdness that is The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

Read Full Article

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Oooooh, there's a video as well, so fancy. :p

I remember hearing about this movie a few weeks back and it sounded kinda weird to me. Didn't sound like anything I would enjoy, but I will have to check it out since the acting seems to be pretty great.

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
I was waiting for this movie to come out in theaters. You mean I missed it? Oh well. I'll look for the DVD/Bluray of it.

I love The Lobster. I haven't seen Dogtooth. I probably will if I like this movie.

EDIT: Whoops! I didn't realized you were talking about doing a video version of your review. I thought you were reviewing something out on video. It's only playing at a couple of theaters. This is going to be next movie I am going to see.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Oh geez, that moment when you apply a real human aspect to what has only been text for so long.

Also, probably shouldnt just put a loop on as your video. I mean, I dunno how serious you intend to be about trying to make video reviews, but you might as well be just audio if the video part is not -that- relevant. Just some hopefully constructive criticism.

madwarper

Mar 17, 2011
My reaction to the video... Well, I'll just quote the review itself;

It's [...] off-putting. The effect is unnerving [...]. It's delivered disaffectionately in monotone, too, which just adds to this effect.
I'm not sure whether this was done purposefully reinforce the review to the specific movie, or because you think it's best to imitate a text-to-speech bot. Hopefully, is this going to be a regular thing, you'll adapt a more conversational tone.

Also, to repeat what Saelune said, it's best to have something other than the few scenes looping over and over.

Catnip1024

Jan 25, 2010
Well, after the initial jolt of realising that not all video reviewers speak as fast as Yahtzee, that's an interesting change. If you could find some way to mix the video up a bit it would be better.

Bonus points for ensuring that the video audience are a representative mix of colours. It's disappointing how often green people are neglected.