the lamest names in a video games.

cgmetallica1981

Mar 15, 2010
I can't stand JRPGs. Not a single thing about them is good. The names aren't and excuse either. What kind of name is "Cloud"? What about "Dart"?

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Hisshiss said:
Deathwing, I mean really. Blizzard is usually so damn good at names and writing amazing lore/storylines, but I mean come on, they named a fucking giant earth dragon, the "aspect of death" who's trying to bring about the end of days, deathwing.

It's like a kids TV show all of a sudden, made all the more dissapointing considering how boss his trailer is.
Go back and play Warcraft II and be amazed as it turns out he has been named that since the beginning of the franchise!

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Probably Max Payne. Cheesy names can be fine and appropriate in the right circumstances, but Max Payne makes it seem like they think they are tricky, or making a serious allusion to the pun in the name. Its hard to have a more over the top. Its like a poorly written cartoon for 7 year old boys, written by writters with no respect for a child's intelligence. It was terribly out of place, and made the game a little bit worse for me.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Durxom said:
Cogwheel said:
Heard about some fighting game or the other where the protagonist was named Sol Badguy. Reckon that wins.

On the other hand, a name that terrible has to be intentionally bad.
The whole Sol Badguy thing though is suppose to be a reference to Freddie Mercury though. Most of Guilty Gears names or move names are references to music or rock/metal music.

Ex. Other characters in the game are called Slayer, Testament, and Axl Low(based off of Axel Rose).

So I honestly wouldn't call it a bad name
Oh, right. Just completely absurd, then?

TheKramers

May 26, 2011
bleachigo10 said:
Douche, my rival in the Pokemon games. Why would his parents name him that.
"Lolz, where did they put that like button again...oh, this isn't facebook? Then I'm just gonna have to make a reply about it."

Popido

Oct 21, 2010
Albert Weskers pretty cool name considering theres Albert and Wesker in it.

Shepard. Adrian Shephard is still cool thought.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Seymour Guado from FFX.

Whenever I heard someone say his name all I could think of was Rick Moranis' character from Little Shop of Horrors, it is impossible to take a guy named Seymour seriously. Oh, and he's part Guado, so that's his last name. Of all the horrible names in Final Fantasy games his stands out the most to me.

Akytalusia

Nov 11, 2010
teqrevisited said:
Exdeath. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the Squaresoft era FFs, but Exdeath? An eyebrow of "Wtf seriously?" was raised when first I saw that name.
thanks for reminding me. yeah, that about covers it.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Everything I list here would be the name of a Pokemon. This is why the nicknaming Pokemon feature exists.

Seriously, bro, Seel. Exeggcute. Ugh.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I love the game, but the name Agro from Shadow of the Colossus never sat right with me.

Maybe it's because Argo feels more natural as a name, but Agro just sounds like someone clearing their throat

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
OhJohnNo said:
OT: STARKILLER. Smacks of trying too hard to make something badass.
STARKILLER is just his code name, his real name was Galen Marek. Or are you talking about STARKILLER the clone in The Force Unleashed II?

(just realised what an utter geek I am for knowing all of that!)

bootz

Feb 28, 2011
Kate Walker
Burns Flipper

Bhurak nar Caxki
AKA: Starkiller, Bhurak Starkiller from WC
Noob Saibot
Ken from street fighter

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
Chrono Because it's a baby name. Like if I saw a baby I'd call it Chrono, because you know, it's a baby and it's weak
It should have a big tough name like HANK. Yeah. That's an awesome name for a character.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Link. Yes we get that he's an avatar and our link with the game your pun is so just amazing.

Also, Megaman or rather rockman. Why? Because his sister is roll and the incredibly lame pun on rock and roll is just so terrible.