The Last of Us being made by Sony and Naughty Dog

Penguin_Factory

Sep 13, 2010
Oh look, a sassy teenage girl and a bland, grizzled white dude with a beard! I see Naughty Dog's penchant for original characters is continuing.

Seriously though, the game does look interesting. The zombies in the game (yes they are zombies, I don't care what anyone else says) actually look pretty scary for once. I just wish Naughty Dog wasn't developing it- I've never liked the writing in any of their games, and this looks like it will be very story-focused.

(I will amend the above opinion somewhat if it turns out we play as the girl instead of Sam Fisher.)

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Looks good, kinda wishing I had a PS3 a bit more.
Also is it just me or does that girl look a lot like Ellen Page? I think that's who I'm thinking of at least.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
I'm extremely disappointed they choose to enter into the already over saturated zombie survival market.

All this means to me is that Naughty Dog will have to make an absolutely stellar game for me to consider it. Personally I'm tired of those types of games (main Resident Evil games being the exception) and genuinely lack interest in their stories since they are all pretty much identical.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Is it wrong that I really want to play this game right now? Ok, the premise is not exactly original but I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with the story. Plus with it being a Naughty Dog game you know its going to have an incredibly high level of polish.

SovietX

Sep 8, 2009
I saw the trailer, looks pretty good. Im happy to see Naughty Dog get into different IPs.

Seems like they will be including the signature character interaction they developed in Uncharted, which is a good thing. I enjoy a game much more if the characters interact beyond "ALPHA, GO TO THIS DOOR AND WAIT FOR ME TO GET THERE"

I know the whole Zombie/Alien/Mutant attack thing is getting a bit stale at the moment but if this lives up to its claim that it's a survival game then it may be quite nice. I'm hoping for something that's along the lines of Silent Hill/Resident Evil 1 survival. You know, save ammunition and know when to fight or take flight.

But it's Naughty Dog, I would have bought it even if it was a balloon animal simulator.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Now this isn't to the people who are here, this is about the IGN group for this game. It really pisses me off when people are going overhype mode about this trailer. I mean really, go look at how a lot of them are already saying this is going to be the best game ever. How naughty dog can do no wrong with ANYTHING.

I mean really what the hell? All we seen of this game is a trailer thats it. Yet people are jumping heads over heels for this game. To me, it looks like its going to be a RE 5 clone (maybe clone is to of a harsh word, but I hope you get my meaning). Where its going to be two player co-op, 3rd person view and going from point A to point B.

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll wait and see (though still not getting it since I don't have a PS3). Though from what I seen of the trailer, its nothing that speical and I'm pretty sure its just going to be something like RE5.