The Last of Us being made by Sony and Naughty Dog

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
http://www.destructoid.com/the-last-of-us-sony-and-naughty-dog-s-survival-horror-217651.phtml

The video is in the link, I couldn't find any videos on youtube yet.

It looks interesting, the graphics and animation are amazing. What do you folks think?

An offical tidbit into the game:

"Abandoned cities reclaimed by nature. A population decimated by a modern plague. Survivors are killing each other for food, weapons; whatever they can get their hands on.

Joel, a brutal survivor, and Ellie, a brave young teenage girl who is wise beyond her years, must work together if they hope to survive their journey across the US."

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
I think I cannot wait for this game now. Can't wait to see how it plays. I really never thought it, but maybe Naughty Dog are going to bring Survival back to form? I really felt the strain on ammo and time in Metro 2033, but hopefully this is something else!

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
It will probably be the same engine as Uncharted 3 I would imagine. Uncharted may not be dark but it is brutal. I think they are wanting to really expand on their story telling capabilities with these new more maturely oriented games like Uncharted and Last of Us.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Eh, to be honest it didn't look that great. I mean how many games that were suppose to be survival horror turn out to just be action games? But hey I'm not much of a PS3 person. Though I do hope this game turns out all right for you PS3 Fans. I'm just sort of tired of all the "Survival horror/zombies" games already.

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Outcast107 said:
Eh, to be honest it didn't look that great. I mean how many games that were suppose to be survival horror turn out to just be action games? But hey I'm not much of a PS3 person. Though I do hope this game turns out all right for you PS3 Fans. I'm just sort of tired of all the "Survival horror/zombies" games already.
There really haven't been survival horrors, only Zobmie Shooters.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I was let down. Zombies (or infected or whatever zombie stand-in they're using) are overdone. Zombies are so overdone that saying "zombies are overdone" is overdone.

AJax_21

May 6, 2011
Uncharted plus I Am Legend... I'm not really sure what to think. I mean I like ND but I just can't see them doing brutally dark stuff like this. Heck if the atmosphere matches Metro 2033, I'm fuckin' in.

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Korten12 said:
Outcast107 said:
There really haven't been survival horrors, only Zobmie Shooters.
Well thats what I mean. I'm just so use to seeing the horror genre just become "zombie(Or whatever monster you like to add) shooter in here.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
I think it looks interesting. I am hoping it will have a feeling like the trailer for Dead Island had, grim and depressing.

SplashyAxis

May 1, 2010
It's an excellent trailer, and I'm rather excited that a studio like Naughty Dog are working on something like this. Although I am being cautious about getting too hyped up, it is only a trailer after all.

One thing I can say for certain though is that it will look gorgeous.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
believer258 said:
Naughty Dog creating a dark and brutal game just doesn't seem... right to me. These are the guys that made Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter, after all.

Well, if that's the actual game engine and not a cutscene, then at least it will be pretty.
The cutscenes in Uncharted never differed too much from gameplay anyway. In fact, gameplay looked even better than the cutscene since most of the cutscenes were when the boring, expository conversations took place.

Though I'm hoping the game doesn't take too many cues from Uncharted. It likely won't because action-adventure and survival horror would never go together.

... Oh wait.

... Let's, uh... hope for the best this time around. Naughty Dog has *almost* never failed to deliver. Trailer looks nice.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
Glad to see i'm not the only one who was reminded of I am legend. It does look nice, and i haven't played a naughty dog game in a VERY long time. I think i'll keep a watch on this.

Kaytastrophe

Jun 7, 2010
Darn, I was really excited about an end of the world game, but i don't know about the zombies aspect. There are just too many zombie games. But we'll see, here's hoping.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Looks like another "zombie" game. God dammit. Well, it does remind me of I Am Legend, which is a plus. I can foresee that little girl causing so many problems in that game when I have to save her 80 times.
By the narration, I am wondering if you play as her.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
It looks pretty, and the city looks really green. Reminds me of a cross between I am legend, and the Road.

AfroTree

Feb 21, 2010

The fuck is with the floral arrangement on his face?

Also, looks interesting. can't wait

Naughty Dog has always piqued my interest. :3