The Last Of Us Multiplayer Censored in Europe, Naughty Dog Confirms

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Covarr said:
All of Europe got it censored? Strange, it's usually just Germany.

P.S. Thanks

That was my first thought about it, yes.

But hey it's a gore censor thing. We don't really get off on that over here so we'll be fine.

Elate

Nov 21, 2010
Sleekit said:
Elate said:
now Germany's rules starting to seep into Europe on gore and violence.
Germanys anti war toys sensibilities...aren't exactly wholly their own...
Yeah you're probably right on that, they just seem to be the country that kicks up the biggest fuss about it. (Along with Aus.)

WindKnight

Quiet, Odd Sort.
Legacy
Jul 8, 2009
Cephiro
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I seriously have to ask, is losing some exploding heads from multiplayer really that bad? If it really 'ruins' the game for you by the multiplayer not being as gory as it could be, the problem is not the gore or lack of it.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Windknight said:
Ok, I seriously have to ask, is losing some exploding heads from multiplayer really that bad? If it really 'ruins' the game for you by the multiplayer not being as gory as it could be, the problem is not the gore or lack of it.
From what I can tell, it's just the feeling that you are missing a piece of a game that other people are enjoying without being told alterations were made before the purchase.

bimon_1234567

Mar 15, 2012
The same old lies.

Nearly all cases of video game censorship in my country were cases of self-censorship perpetrated by the publishers because they wanted to avoid a more mature rating for their games.

Of course they then lie about it because they want gamers to buy their censored products.

And in the current digital age of video games the addition of damn dirty geoblocking ensures that adult customers are denied any convenient opportunities to bypass this censorship.

For once I'd like to see a publisher do the right thing: release the original versions of their games worldwide and use their bloated legal department to challenge anyone who thinks that grown-up citizens should be treated like children.

(It's not gonna happen...)

:-|

Mar 9, 2010
Honestly this is juvenile. There are laws on stuff like this and developers have to adhere to them, complaining won't do any good and if anybody cared that much then they'd be writing their MPs telling them we need to change the censorship laws on gore in games.

It's a stupid law, especially considering the single player isn't censored, but saying "I can't shake the feeling I did not buy the game in its entirety, and not how the developers intended this work of art to be played" is melodramatic, it's not a big deal.

Quicksilver_Phoenix

Apr 14, 2009
Covarr said:
All of Europe got it censored? Strange, it's usually just Germany.

P.S. Thanks
Actually, for whatever reason, more games lately are starting to be censored in all of Europe because of Germany. Recent example being Fire Emblem: Awakening, which didn't even have any blood or sexual content at all, but still had a CG and conversation censored for whatever reason.

Tinybear

Aug 27, 2010
Norwegian here. While I do understand that censoring content is somewhat problematic, I will just say that I did earlier today smash another guy's face in with a rifle stock. If this is censored, well, I'd say it's the weakest censoring I've seen. Honestly, I'd take the standard EU censor over the "OMG NUDITY, M18+, BAN SALE" shit that happens in the US.

You have no idea how annoyed we are about Hollywood going for PG-13. Seriously, Man of Steel? NOT A SINGLE DROP OF BLOOD! It's just stupid.

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Tanis said:
Why are the Euro/Auzzie nations always pulling this crap?
Why is America always censoring sex/nudity? Each country/region has something their picky about, in the US it's sex (because the most basic right of life is evil and must be hidden), Germany (and thus alot of Europe cops it) it's blood/violance, and Australia it's illegal drugs. Frankly out of those 3 I think the US is the worse, the other's have some valid complaints but censoring the human body is a weird way to go.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
Tanis said:
Why are the Euro/Auzzie nations always pulling this crap?
Not Europe, just Germany. Kinda ruins it for the rest of us on occasion, you should check out GEMA as well.
Kalezian said:
In AMERCICA! violence is pretty much what the country was founded on.
That's silly, it's the same for most, if not all European countries, and we've seen far much more blood than America has.

OT: Germany stop throwing hissy fits and ruining it for the rest of us.

Sep 14, 2009
dang at the QQ'ing in here over who's country has it "better/worse", jeesh, none of it should be censored, stop pointing the finger at other countries for stupid regulations.

OT: I have no idea why the multi is different from the single player in this regard, but hopefully a patch or something can come out to fix this in the future. and yeah it should've been made clear on the box what you were NOT getting.