The Last of Us Remastered Will Have Cross-Buy Add-On Content

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
The Last of Us Remastered Will Have Cross-Buy Add-On Content

A Naughty Dog presentation has revealed details about The Last of Us Remastered, and new screenshots show the game's improved graphics.

The Last of Us Remastered launches on PS4 July 29 with improvements from its PS3 original. A Naughty Dog presentation stated technical improvements, a choice of frame rate, and cross-buy content.

MeriStation journalist Javi Andres tweeted [https://twitter.com/javi__andres/status/489311870202150912] pictures of Naughty Dog's presentation. It revealed the company has planned additional add-on releases for this year. All add-on content will be available on both PS3 and PS3 through cross-buy, meaning if you buy it for one console, it will be available on the other for you as well.

However, any saves from The Last of Us on PS3 will not carry over to the remastered edition on the PS4, including any progress in Factions mode. If you played the PS3 version of The Last of Us multiplayer, you will receive a supply point bonus for the remastered edition on PS4.

[gallery=2861]

The Last of Us Remastered Edition runs at 1080p and 60 frames per second; however, players will be able to lock their frame rate at 30 fps as per player preference. Graphics have improved significantly from the PS3 version with higher resolution particle effects, more detailed texture and shadow maps, motion blur has been reduced, and environments appear crisper.

As Naughty Dog has stated before, the remastered edition comes with the Abandoned Territories and Reclaimed Territories multiplayer DLC, as well as the Left Behind expansion, which features Ellie and her friend Riley.

The Last of Us Remastered launches July 29 for PS4.

Source: PS blog [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/471492/new-the-last-of-us-remastered-details-revealed/]

zalithar

Apr 22, 2013
roseofbattle said:
All add-on content will be available on both PS3 and PS3 through cross-buy,
I think you may have made a typo.

OT: that's pretty cool news; I may actually get the remastered edition.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
That final pic shows the added detail the best and I assume that smooth shadow on the Clicker means the game will have some nice anti-aliasing, but I'd wager you'll notice the real differences when it's in motion.

The 30fps lock is a nice feature, I have to say. Though I hope this wasn't implemented because like the animations fall apart at 60fps or something. I seem to remember from the Making of that whenever Joel punches someone (or thing), Naughty Dog left out some of the connecting animations for the sake of performance, and because it moves so fast the human eye wouldn't notice anyway. Maybe this is something that becomes very noticable at 60fps.

Anyway, still looking forward to it.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Still haven't bought Last of Us, waiting for that famous price drop around this time of the year.

Apr 28, 2008
Why would you lock it at 30 when you can run it at 60?

Why would you cut performance and responsiveness in half? I mean I guess the option is nice, but I just don't get it.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Irridium said:
Why would you lock it at 30 when you can run it at 60?

Why would you cut performance and responsiveness in half? I mean I guess the option is nice, but I just don't get it.
Screen tear?
Sounds like they can't guarantee a stable 60FPS so some people may prefer a locked 30FPS performance instead.

JayDeth

Dec 18, 2009
Remastered? Didn't this game just come out? *checks* ... Yeah, it's JUST over a year old. What am I missing here?

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Well, everyone at Sony seems to have been on the sensible diet the last couple of years. It's a shame about saves not transferring, but compared the 'up yours buy it all again,' attitude some have displayed this is very nice.

JayDeth said:
Remastered? Didn't this game just come out? *checks* ... Yeah, it's JUST over a year old. What am I missing here?
A sudden and massive uptick in the power of the hardware available to play it on, that's what you're missing. Upgraded versions of last gen games aren't especially uncommon either.

strumbore

Mar 1, 2013
I played the PS3 version and have not seen A SINGLE IMAGE that confirms the claims made by Naughty Dog that yhe PS4 port has sitnificant--if any--graphical or processing improvements. Nearly all screenshots released were from cutscenes featured in the original.

Also, how can a press release announcing that the player has a *CHOICE* to increase the framerate to 60fps be a sign of a quality next-gen port, and not a sign that things get buggy or low-res at 60fps?