The last song you listened to is now your country's national anthem.

Lucian The Lugia

Nov 4, 2011
Last I listened to was this:

A national anthem dedicated to my favorite MLP:FIM character of all time? She'll finally get the welcoming respect she deserves...

ZeroHero3D

Jun 11, 2010
Na na na na na na na na na na na!

That is all. :)

jpoon

Mar 26, 2009
Hell yeah! Americas national anthem is now:

Chevelle's Face to the Floor!

Badass song and an excellent bad for the win!

About as good as a national anthem could possibly get...

acidk44

Oct 25, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFKUnfwBPTU
i don't know for sure but we would be either Nazi Germany or a living version or hostel.

SenorNemo

Mar 14, 2011
裏表ラバーズ - 梅宮雛 | Two-Faced Lovers - Hina Umemiya [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZhxwojYBg]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, good luck. The national anthem of the United States of America is now in Japanese, rapped really fast, and is about a girl who loses any emotional attachment to sex because she's trying to fill a void. To be fair, at least the lyrics, albeit in Japanese and having nothing to do with patriotism, actually make sense compared to our current one, but somehow I don't think this would go over too well.

RedRockRun

sneaky sneaky
Jul 23, 2009
ejb626 said:
Even though I've been getting sick of these "The last X you Y'd is now Z" threads, the amount of them seems to have decreased and I just plugged the thread title into Google and got nothing from the Escapist. So basically what would your country's anthem be?

I last listened to the fight song of my local American Football team, the Washington Redskins. Take that Cowboys, now who's America's team? (Seriously "America's Team" should be the one that comes from its capital.) Yeah and if I've confused any foreign members we have a huge rivalry with Dallas who call themselves "America's Team" (I really should've listened to a song with more international appeal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEllLECo4OM

Carmina Burana. The whole country would have to learn Latin and sing for at least an hour. Would make for some very vacant baseball games.

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony. Given all the crap with Wall Street and bank bailouts and yada yada yada for the past three or four years, it's surprisingly fitting. It's a good song, too.
The only sucky part about it is all the flavor-of-the-month musicians doing their shitty covers of the song at sports games. That's going to be painful.

BaronUberstein

Jul 14, 2011
...well this is akward. I had an urge to listen to some Russian music, so apprently the USA's anthem is now "March on Defenders of Moscow". <__<

Before that it was David Bowie's "Heroes", not sure if that is much better.

Nikolaz72

This place still alive?
Apr 23, 2009
tippy2k2 said:
ejb626 said:
tippy2k2 said:
ejb626 said:
tippy2k2 said:
Good God if these stupid threads make a come-back, I just may go on a digital shooting spree...

Just because your version of "The last X you blah blah blahed" doesn't exist doesn't mean you should do it. This thread is the same as every stupid "The last song (enemy, weapon, sex toy) you listened to (fought, used, hit your boss with) is now _____".

I'm just going to create a thread called "What's the last song you listened to?". It'll end up being the same thread as this one and every one of these types of threads. Just like that silly zombie one that just crawled out of the graves (which, as of this statement, has 401 damn replies), these threads do not deserve to be as popular as they become.

I'd like to think that someone will give me a valid reason for why these threads exist but we both know that no one is going to read this comment. You don't read other comments in these threads, you post the last _____ that you _____'ed and move along.
Sorry, I didn't think it was going to offend anyone so much, really they just put a little entertaining spin on "Last X you Y'd" threads. I don't see what the harm is.
You don't have to apologize to me for it (though you may have to apologize to the victims of my oncoming digital spree). I just don't get (really really really don't get) why people are creating these threads. You even said yourself that these threads are threads you are sick of...
I just explained it to you, some people find the little spin it puts on the last insignificant thing you did today entertaining. And to be more specific I was getting sick of those "Last enemy you killed is now X" threads because there was a plague of those at one point.

To my knowledge there have been only a few Last X you Y'd threads on songs so I thought of another one and thought I'd make it because I was bored.

Look on the bright side, it's not a "Am I the only one?" thread at least.
I'll give you points for actually responding (get three more Tippy2K points and you get a mini soccer ball!). I generally try to cut in the beginning about these threads (you'll see that I'm one of the first in that zombie one trying to cut it down before anything happens) and you are the first person to actually respond to my criticism of these types of threads(that being the main reason I feel that nobody actually reads, the comments, they talk and jump ship).

I'll still silently grumble about these types of threads but I do respect the fact that you thought about it before throwing out the thread, which makes me think that you are not just be a badge hunting whore : )
I usually dont find theese threads funny but I liked this one. The thought of our national football team singing the theme of My Little Pony before a battle seems... So awfully not fitting at all. And I would imagine everyone who was not from their country giving them wierd looks and doing some unsure laughing.

And I also imagined someone have the just loose it theme. I mean, imagine that as an Orchestral Version with Choir?