The Last Story Isn't Coming Out West

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
like I said, Mistwalker is still Tweeting in ENGLISH about the game. It wouldn't make a lick of sense for Sakaguchi to dick his fanbase around like that. Plus considering how much Nintendo is putting into this game I doubt they wouldn't bring it over

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I recommend changing the news post title before we have more people saying that their hopes are crushed. Just a thought.

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
Aside from a few hours that it took to play the incredibly meh Other M, my Wii has gone unused for about 2 years now lol. First Fatal Frame 4 is denied release, now this. Aside from the outside possibility of the new zelda being good, there really is no reason for me to keep my wii. Aside from zelda, mario and metroid there hasn't been a reason for me to own a nintendo console since the super nintendo sadly.

DS is excluded of course. That is what I play most often especially now that my 60GB PS3 died.

Defense

Oct 20, 2010
I'm not gonna lie, this was the only game that had me even slightly interested in getting a Wii. I really hope they make some plans and send it out to the West, because I really am interested in it.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Warning tis loud.
Seriously, i was all excited for this.
I hope they MAKE plans to release it outside Japan soon.

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
Adzma said:
That's a brilliant business strategy Nintendo, push every single person in Western society to piracy. That'll make you plenty of money!
Don't you think the language barrier would kind of work as a deterrent against that? :p

Anyway, I am sure The Last Story will see an eventual release outside of Japan. To be honest, this title is primarily catered towards the Japanese market. I think Nintendo is hoping it will turn the Wii into the home console for RPG games (just like how Final Fantasy III ended up making the DS the platform for RPGs, at least up until the relatively recent surge of PSP sales).

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
obscurumlux01 said:
This is what Nintendo does cause they've got more than enough idiots buying anything with Mario on the cover, no matter how shitty the actual game is. Why are any of you surprised? This is the same company that didn't bother releasing the entire 'Mother' series properly until it was already fan-translated by the internet and the rom was floating around for almost a decade...

Why do you think they even bothered with Virtual Console for the Wii? They finally saw the appeal that digital-emulation had with people and decided to cash in as much as they could. 15 years late, but still, they finally did it, as overpriced and eye-gougingly retarded limited as the selection is, still.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Wii hackers were able to obtain the source code for the Wii emulators and find entire portions (if not outright theft) of open-source software being used in violation of copyright licenses.

Nintendo will just wait for fan-translators to do the work for them (which they will) and then they'll steal the translation, remove any references to the fan translation/group, and then release the finished product here and call it a day.

Fuck you Nintendo, fuck you to hell. Crash and fucking burn and end up like Sega...I hope.
Again, IT'S GENERIC PR SPEAK SAID BY A GRUNT. Furthermore, Mistwalker is Tweeting about the game IN ENGLISH. Ya mind explaining why they would do THAT if they aren't bring the game over? Criminy, Jim Sterling has done a better job as a journalist than someone as the Escapist. This is embarrassing

geoflo1024

Jun 7, 2010
I don't think Nintendo hates money. I think they just hate us. First they won't give us Mother 3, now they won't give us The Last Story. They won't even put Earthbound on the freakin' Virtual Console.

DarkTitanII

Jan 14, 2011
I'm the founder of this petition http://www.petitiononline.com/TLSWR/petition.html for a worldwide release of "The Last Story" Now there are more than 2500 sign, and the petition was started only yesterday... Help us to to publish this petition on your site, on your Facebook account, and if is possible in every videogames site you know. If you do this, you can (if you want) publish your link on this Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gruppo-Localizzazione-JRPG-JRPG-localization-group/186217788063157?v=wall . In Italy, in Spain and in US many videogames website start to publishing the petition link on its news wall. Please convince your administrator to do the same thing.Also many users and many bloggers write everywhere the link of the petition. And do the most important thing, sign it. Good bye and thank you.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Nooo... I was looking forward to this. I was really looking forward to this. Maybe it's just not coming out now, maybe it will get to America later, I really hope so I really wanted this game.