The Latest Injustice 2 Trailer Details the Game's Gear System

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
The Latest Injustice 2 Trailer Details the Game's Gear System

New trailer gives a closer look at the gear you'll be able to earn.

With the release of Injustice 2 getting closer, Warner Bros. and NetherRealm have been releasing a steady stream of reveals and trailers. The newest trailer, Your Battles Your Way, is a three-minute-long video dedicated to showcasing the game's gear system.

The gear system in Injustice 2 lets players collect different items that impact a character's abilities. The four stats that are impacted are strength, ability, defense, and health, while full sets of a certain style of gear adds additional perks.

You can check out all of the details in the trailer below:

In addition to earning gear through playing the game, Injustice 2 will feature a new in-game currency, called Source Crystals [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169806-Injustice-2-Adds-Real-Money-In-Game-Currency#&gid=gallery_7053&pid=1], which the company stresses can only be spent on cosmetic features. These Source Crystals are available to be purchased using real world money, and can be spent on Premiere character skins, cosmetic adjustments, and Shaders for costumes, as well as to change the appearance of Gear. The Source Crystals will not change the stats of the Gear itself, but would rather allow you to change the visuals in order to have it match another piece.

Injustice 2 is set to release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 16.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That's amazing, you can see the character designs getting worse in real time!

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Zhukov said:
That's amazing, you can see the character designs getting worse in real time!
There are some really odd choices, aren't there? Since you're the guy who wants options to turn off skins in Overwatch, I imagine you won't be happy facing a neon pink Batman in multiplayer.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Bob_McMillan said:
There are some really odd choices, aren't there? Since you're the guy who wants options to turn off skins in Overwatch, I imagine you won't be happy facing a neon pink Batman in multiplayer.
Well, won't actually be a problem for me, since I don't play fighting games.

Doesn't mean I can't snark at them though.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Because it's literally impossible for mainstream companies to make a game that doesn't have microtransactions these days...

mythgraven

No One Is Special
Mar 9, 2010
RJ 17 said:
Because it's literally impossible for mainstream companies to make a game that doesn't have microtransactions these days...

Truth threshold exceeded, Captain!!

Yeah. As much as I am annoyed with people who log into Escapist forums just to crow about how they arent going to buy a game they cared enough about to click on an article for,when I watch this trailer, all I could hear was the Mankind Divided pre-order lady droning on about how we could spend -so much money- and achieve -so much victory-.

That and its been a few years since Diablo 3 got lambasted for effectively monetizing gear... Everyone forgot about that right? Cool. Lets do that.