The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Goes Vinyl in Orchestral Reimagining

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Goes Vinyl in Orchestral Reimagining

Hero of Time is an epic re-imagining of the Ocarina of Time score recorded with a live 64-piece orchestra.

The fine folks over at Materia Collective have announced a must-have for any hardcore Zelda fan: an epic re-imagining of the Ocarina of Time score recorded with a live 64-piece orchestra. But best of all, this album will be released on vinyl, making it the first Zelda vinyl to ever be released outside of Japan.

We at The Escapist have been given an exclusive, full-length preview of the record's fourth track: Hyrule Field, which we are happy to share with you below:

[audio=http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1390/1390145.mp3]

"After finding success on Kickstarter with over 1,000 backers contributing over $50,000, this dream has become a reality, and will be available in digital and limited edition CD formats on March 27, 2017 with pre-orders opening March 20, as well as a gorgeous vinyl release to follow via iam8bit in the coming months," wrote Materia in a press release.

[gallery=7067]

"Orchestral recordings of music from The Legend of Zelda have become increasingly popular over the last several years," notes arranger and project director Eric Buchholz. "With Hero of Time, we sought to create a single, cohesive experience that weaves all of the complex underlying themes of the game, like impermanence and mortality, with Koji Kondo's timeless melodies that have become as iconic as the game itself. The orchestration takes an 'east-meets-west' approach,with the inclusion of taiko ensembles, eastern woodwinds, and harmonies found prevalent in Japanese film and game scores

You can pre-order the album iam8bit [https://ericbuchholz.bandcamp.com/album/hero-of-time-music-from-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time] for the exclusive vinyl edition.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
RaikuFA said:
Vinyl is just a hipster fad. Not worth it.
Maybe, maybe not. No-one is forcing you to buy Vinyl, so why is it an issue that other people might want it? I'm not into it myself, but I have a friend who is, and my Mother is incapable of working any other type of music-producing device.

OT: The two sample tracks (one here and one on bandcamp) are gorgeous, and I am very tempted to get the CD.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
nickpy said:
RaikuFA said:
Vinyl is just a hipster fad. Not worth it.
Maybe, maybe not. No-one is forcing you to buy Vinyl, so why is it an issue that other people might want it? I'm not into it myself, but I have a friend who is, and my Mother is incapable of working any other type of music-producing device.

OT: The two sample tracks (one here and one on bandcamp) are gorgeous, and I am very tempted to get the CD.
Well it's the only way I can buy any album I want outside of crappy pop music.