The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Review

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
I have only ever beaton the game once so Ill go replay it, even though I could play it on the N64 with the red blood, and original mirror shield and chanting, or on my gamecube with my windwaker pre-order disc, I have been waiting to replay it on my DS.

pwnsore

Apr 6, 2010
Aerograt said:
Master Quest actually revamped all of the dungeons in a "We're kicking you in the balls with steel toed boots" kind of way with Game Cube version, I can't imagine that not being the case in the 3DS version. Just reversing the old dungeons doesn't even make the puzzles more difficult, just slightly disorienting until you're used to it.
Ya, the original Master Quest was a Wind Waker pre-order reward. I imagine they just ported it over for the 3DS instead of making an entirely new set of dungeons.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
My preorder is waiting at Gamestop as I type this... too bad it doesn't come out till Sunday for me ;3;

maximusw00t

Feb 14, 2011
oh man, this must be the guy from the burger king commercial if hes complaining about hitting the L button on a handheld.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks, but no thanks... I'll probably never understand the Zelda phenomenon. I played original OoT, and there wasn't a single thing (gameplay, world, plot, graphic, sound, characters, ANYTHING) that would draw me in enough to finish it, and the so often thrown 'best game ever' title baffles me every single time I hear about it. I also doubt that making it 3D will change anything in my point of view. It would be nice though if Nintendo would stop making all those re-mixes of their classics and started putting some valuable stuff on the handheld.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
mjc0961 said:
Nope. This is my confusion. I know that holding down a button for a while can hurt your finger, that part makes sense. The part about having to move your hand in ways previously not thought possible is what's confusing as all hell for me. Unless I'm misunderstanding something about how this game is going to work, it's easy.
I'm finding more and more these days I can't read a review anywhere that doesn't contain some complaint that completely baffles me. Like when someone complains about a lack of a feature that is indeed in the game, or complains about something that doesn't exist in another. Or in this case, complaining about the placement of a button on the system--not the game itself being reviewed--that's in a completely standard and unproblematic position.

Black Watch

Aug 9, 2010
I don't get the thing about the L targeting. I just tried it and I didn't have a problem. You guys must have some big ass sausage fingers.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
So buying this game. I mean I have the original, but I never got round to completing it. Even if the controls can be a bit dodgy, PORTABLE OoT? Well, seeing as a fair few consider it the best game of all time, consider me SOLD!

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Got it yesterday and instantly fell in love with the land of Hyrule all over again. Brilliant remake (although im annoyed they changed the sound a Goron makes when he/she wakes up)

I understand what the reviewer is getting at, but you can't blame the game for having weird shoulder buttons, that's a fault with the hardware.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
majoras mask is better but if i ever get a 3ds might consider buying this. but first the 3ds must have a good line up of games and remakes/rehashes of past game are excluded from the list.

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
It looks absolutely fantastic. Like they took the original and smoothed out the odd little point graphics here and there of the original and added a bit more detail. Add a Majora's Mask 3DS and you got me sold. The graphics were a good choice...unlike Skyward Sword that looks like after they perfected the graphics of the universe in Twilight Princess they fell over, bumped their head, and discovered some Claymation CGI Abominable Hybrid.

OoT 3D [x]
Skyward Sword [ ]

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
It's a sad day when someone says that the N64 controller is better than something else. I'm just glad my fingers were long enough to be able to hold it the way I did.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I'll wait until they release this version on a home console. It's not the kind of a game I want to play on a handheld.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Man for a second, I was like "WTF is that thing?" In the third picture. It looked like Link was carrying a flower pot to feed something and I'm like, "I don't remember that." Then I looked closer and I'm like, "Oh, it's Lord Jabu-Jabu. Heh heh, good times, good times."
I still have Ocarina of Time on the N64. I think I'll just keep playing that.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Navi is and always will be annoying.

Hey listen! Hey! Hey! Listen! Hey listen! "SHUT THE FUCK UP NAVI!"