The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Review

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007

The perfect tribute to the series' 25 years.

Read Full Article

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
It's good to know that it sound like I won't be dissapointed with it, now I wish this week would hurry up already.

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
Susan Arendt said:

The perfect tribute to the series' 25 years.

Read Full Article
I was going to type up a level-headed, well-reasoned response, but it seems like some of my keys are stuck -- all I can seem to get out is eeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

I love these games. The series has "grown up" right alongside me, from my days of needing a hint guide to get anywhere in the first one, to my marathon run through Wind Waker during exam week at college, to my brief love affair with the Wii via Twilight Princess... They're just plain good games.

I'm glad to hear this one is up to snuff.

bificommander

Apr 19, 2010
So the villain is actually cool? Huh, the 3 frames I saw from him made him look like a low-polygon Final Fantasy reject. But that's good news. I had to admit I found a shadow king also nicely menancing (untill the fight when he started acting like a clown anyway), so I know they can do it.

I'll get the game of course. Zelda-games are practically the only reason I bought the Wii recently.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
That clinches it, I'm gonna get at least one more game out of me wii and this one is it.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
Like most Mario games, I'm always weary of the Nostalgia Factor when people review Zelda games, but seeing as I also suffer from the same nostalgia I still find them reliable. I have booked the day off and have the Collectors edition on pre-order and it looks like I've made the right decision *digs out Triforce T-Shirt and green hat ready*

My only issue is that Nintendo are releasing the new Mario on the same day. Now, I get counter scheduling to try and dent an opponents opening sales, but counter scheduling yourself?!?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I'm curious, how do you decide who gets to review what game?

I'm looking forward to this game and I just know I'm going to get the special/collectors/maguffin edition of the game. I have no problem admitting that is entirely because of the incredibly awesome golden wiimote plus (why I'm getting the more expensive copy not why I'm looking forward to the game).

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
I haven't been keeping up with the updates for this game: does music play a big role in this one? I hated how the musical aspect of Zelda got nerfed in TP and it'd be awesome if that small harp in the video is used more like the ocarina or the baton in previous games, and less like the reeds in TP.

RandomHer0

Jun 26, 2009
See, now I'm conflicted.
I was expecting another WW so I was going to hold off and get Skyrim today. Might have to rethink my options now. My nostalgia wont let me not get it if it holds this claimed superiority to Ocarina.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
Man this actually looks really good, I can't wait toHOLDUPWHYISLINKRIGHTHANDEDRUINEDFOREVER!

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
I still haven't finished any Zelda in my life except for OoT and most of windwaker.

I have TP waiting but I just lose interest these days, I realised that maybe I'm NOT a big fan of Zelda after all, but just a big fan of OoT.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
minuialear said:
I haven't been keeping up with the updates for this game: does music play a big role in this one? I hated how the musical aspect of Zelda got nerfed in TP and it'd be awesome if that small harp in the video is used more like the ocarina or the baton in previous games, and less like the reeds in TP.
Music is good, but the harp is not like ocarina
Mmm, could you explain what function the harp has in the game then?

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's on my X-Mas list, as is the remake of Ocarina. This looks pretty good and even looks like it plays better than most Wii-titles. It's cool to see Zelda cast in a new light and this is one of the first party N games where it's nice to see some new villains...but I'm sure they'll shoehorn Ganon in at some point...maybe in this one making him into an Albatross. I miss Pig-Ganon though.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
minuialear said:
Anoni Mus said:
minuialear said:
Music is good, but the harp is not like ocarina
Mmm, could you explain what function the harp has in the game then?
No.

I haven't played it, I read it one or two reviews, but don't remember which, basicaly they were disapointed with the harp.
It was EGM, G4TV, 1up or Giant Bomb if I remember correctly, they were reviews who gave good ponctuation instead of great/excelent.

I did play the e3 Demo and it was awesome :D So looking forward to this game.
Ah, I see. I'll poke around for it then, thanks!

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
I figured it would be a good game, there was no doubt in my mind. But hearing people talk about how stagnant it is actually annoys me. CoD, BF, any big franchise really, stays pretty much the same. Zelda games have always had more going for them, from different enemies, new level designs, new mechanics, completely different world, etc., than most other games, and a new (full sized) game only comes out every 5 years at this point. There hasn't been a full sized Zelda game since Twilight Princess, which was from 2006. And that game was vastly different from Windwaker, which was different from Majora's mask, etc.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
I shouldn't have watched this. I've been avoiding everything about this game because I know I'm not going to be able to buy it any time soon (stupid college loans, taking all my money). And now I know it's amazing and I can't have it.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
hittite said:
I shouldn't have watched this.
Meanwhile, I didn't and just skipped straight to the comments. :D

Looking forward to this game immensely, and certainly don't need any more spoilers besides that all the critics agree on it being awesome.