The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Review

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Damnit... This+Skyrim+Arkham City+Uncharted 3... Why do so many games I was looking forward to turn out to be incredibly awesome at a time when I have no money to buy them? GOD, WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME!?!

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
The game doesn't require Motion Plus, does it? If not, I guess I'll get it next year for summer, since now my 360 will soon be busy with Saints Row The Third, my Wii-Gamecube will be busy with Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and my PC will be busy with the Humble Voxatron Debut (2 DAYS LEFT) extras.

Still, if you can't get any other of these fancy new games coming out this month (as in you don't have an HD gaming system but have a Wii), by all means get this one.

Lilitu

Feb 22, 2011
Need. To. Play. Zelda: Skyward Sword. NOW!

I was looking forward to a new Zelda-game even after some really quite bad DS-Zelda-games *sigh* but now, after watching this video, I have an urge to play it right now!
Unfortunately The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword has not yet been published in my country T.T

Oh and these bugs! I'm gonna catch them all! ;)

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
I just wonder how many Wii haters are going to buy the Wii because of Skyward Sword... :D
Anyways, I love Zelda and can't wait to get it.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
It's a Zelda game, so I was going to get it regardless of quality. Still I was surprised that it got an average so far of 98, because I wasn't interested in Skyward Sword. Now I must replay sections of as many Zelda games as possible to get back into the Zelda groove. I cannot wait to revisit that wonderful land of magic. Thank you Nintendo, you remind us again for the millionth time that despite your bullshit, we still love you. XD

May 29, 2011
I demand fucking critizism. There has to be SOMETHING wrong with this game.

Well, lets hope yahtzee reviews it, thats kind of his job.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
It sounded convincing but the gameplay did not indicate that you were right. Everything generally sounds and looks the same with one thing replaced with another interchangeably. Maybe my friend Chris will play it and he'll let me in on what's interesting about it he's a fan of Zelda although he hasn't bought a new Zelda game since twilight princess and he didn't even finish that one. I don't know what it is with me and Nintendo but I feel very exasperated by it's familiar elements despite the interest in the core product.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
WHY is this game not in my Wii at this exact second?

SOOOO happy I reserved this. It will be my first at release Zelda game, and I'm really excited. I liked Ocarina of Time, Link To The Past, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, etc, but I kinda agree that the constant repeats of themes and formats is rather tiring for a series worth this much. Even Mario shakes it up from time to time. But this seems like a genuine effort from Nintendo to do something different. Fleshing out the formula and whatnot.

Though I am interested to see what sort of reviews would come out afterwards. Getting rather cautious of so many perfect scores for some reason. It's like a perfectly clean room, but you know it can't be PERFECTLY clean so you look around nervously for any specks of dirt out there (does that make sense or am I just weird?).

*twitches and watches mailbox for her special edition*

the spud

May 2, 2011
Baresark said:
I figured it would be a good game, there was no doubt in my mind. But hearing people talk about how stagnant it is actually annoys me. CoD, BF, any big franchise really, stays pretty much the same. Zelda games have always had more going for them, from different enemies, new level designs, new mechanics, completely different world, etc., than most other games, and a new (full sized) game only comes out every 5 years at this point. There hasn't been a full sized Zelda game since Twilight Princess, which was from 2006. And that game was vastly different from Windwaker, which was different from Majora's mask, etc.
This. Just this. The Zelda games, for the most part, have always seemed frsh and new in my eyes. Never understood why people complained about them being the same.

OT: Good review, I already have it pre-ordered.

the spud

May 2, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
ELCTea said:
Not sure but is the motion plus needed to play this game, or does it only help?? If it's a must then this game is off my 'need to buy' list
It's required, but if you get the special edition of the game, it comes with a gold, Zelda-logo'ed Wii Remote with built-in Wii Motion Plus. (And a soundtrack.) Makes it worth the slightly higher price, in my opinion.
Just wanted to point out that the standard copy comes with a soundtrack CD too as long as you buy it at launch. Just wanted to clear that up.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Tenmar said:
Shjade said:
Sounds like a game I'd totally love...

...if it weren't on the Wii. :|
Surely you have some friends that have a wii and that you would want to hang out with and honestly ask them if you could play Zelda? Could be a nice activity or something if your friend is doing something of a personal nature. Never hurts to just ask, if you can borrow their wii.
Nope. I don't really have local friends my own age, and I don't own any current-gen consoles because I don't find them a worthwhile investment based on how little console gaming I've done the last few years. Here and there I come across a game I'd really like, but it just doesn't outweigh the cost in my head.

Outright Villainy

Jan 19, 2010
Another 7 days, hnnnnnggggg. It's funny, Zelda is the only series I get this worked up over a new release, it's like I'm a kid again!

Nice to see a good review from a more dependable site too, this along with Edge seem to point toward it being a far more original game than Twilight Princess, which is awesome. Twilight Princess was good, but it lacked that magic from Wind Waker.

7 more days...

I'm coming...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
At first I wasn't going to buy it. Then I saw some news blurbs about it and I was convinced to probably get it. Now I'm certainly... going to wait a while to get it and try it out... maybe just rent it. Never been a Zelda fan, but if it mixes the formula up enough, I might be tempted... I'll certainly get this before I try my hand at Other M again. (god that was boring).

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
KeyMaster45 said:
Another core Zelda game I will have to miss out on because it's on the Wii. I refuse to validate the Wii as a console by giving Nintendo money for it. I dislike everything about the system and believe it's successor will be the same horrible piece of hardware that it is. Sorry Hyrule, you'll have to go another six years without my help. Maybe longer if Nintendo fails to pull their head out of their ass.
Um... what else did you expect Zelda to come out on? You know if you buy a used console, the money won't support the company in the slightest? Not only would you get to play the game, but you'd also get to play the game and short Nintendo out a hundred dollars (plus). Just saiyan.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
You have no idea how excited I am. My friend reviews games for Japanese sites, and he says Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game yet.

November 20--Y U NO COME SOONER?!

Genixma

Sep 22, 2009
Yea--no. The first console Zelda I'm not going to buy. The Wii's "stick waggling" isn't worth it. I'll stick with Twilight Princess on the Gamecube until they release a Zelda with no stick waggling or motion sensing involved. I don't care if this is the future of gaming I'm sticking to Controller. Not the nun-chuck. And as far away as I'm going to get from it is with wireless controller without the motion sensing.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Good my Wii needs a severe dusting off and I havnt played a Zelda game since Wind Waker which I loved so yay... a big title. I havnt baught a game off anything except xbox-live for about a year.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Use_Imagination_here said:
I demand fucking critizism. There has to be SOMETHING wrong with this game.

Well, lets hope yahtzee reviews it, thats kind of his job.
Like the controls and camera, for example?