The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Remake Headed to Wii U

OldNewNewOld

Mar 2, 2011
Some picture from WW HD.

I think that the new soft lightning looks fantastic. I've played the game when it was released on the GC and I've played it on my PC with Dolphin. This looks so much better than the emulated version. This really is a no contest.

EDIT:
I know this isn't likely to happen, but this would be the best things since sliced bread if Nintendo actually finished the game. I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but WW was shipped unfinished. There are several dungeons that weren't finished and were scraped from the game. So if Ninty finished at least some of them, this would be... oh... I don't know how to describe how happy I would be.

EDIT^2:
Open image in a new tab to see in full size and beauty.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I bet a part of the remake is allowing you to change the wind direction while sailing than to manually stop the sail and then use the Wind Waker to do so!

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
SkarKrow said:
I gots the youtube embed already but you did ninja me on this one.

It does lookf ab even though it's only stills, I can't wait to see it in motion.
I'm really hoping for a E3 trailer showing of it, I am quite happy with the still shots as I adore how much colour really pops out making it quite striking but its interesting Nintendo are showing so much of their hand before the big Shows, Me thinks I will be quite giddy this year.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
SNIP
Ruairi ninja'd you mate!

Everything on that list looks good, I am definitly getting a Wii-U after seeing all these announced titles!

You getting one?
He may have ninjad me but I came packing an EMBEDDED VIDEO! So people will notice mine more :3

Yeah I'm stoked for it now, might have to pick up that lovely bundle ShopTo has going on with a pro controller and zombiu for £299, if I didn't live at home I'd have bought it already I don't fancy the chewing out I'll get for spending £300 to be honest. BUT I WANT IT!

Will likely order one within a few weeks. I forgot to list Pikmin 3 up there I do not know why, I do also want Mario Bros U and ZombiU already, and Nintendo Land looks a lot of fun for the couch.

I'm getting a good vibe from the Wii U now, if Nintendo plays it's cards right I may not even need the other systems this generation, which will be a first for me.

Finally playing Skyward Sword too, enjoying it very much, I tracked down a limited edition copy on eBay for the controller... I hope when they do get around to the new Zelda game it's in the same style as Skyward Sword, I hate the Twilight Princess art direction.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
... why?.

I mean, I definitely loved Wind Waker, but seriously, was an HD update necessary?, heck, judging from that photo alone, I think that it looks even worse.

Wind Waker is pretty much like Okami, it's just perfect as it is, it only needed a higher resolution and call it a day.

Let's hope Ninty doesn't take the "remake" path like it's been doing with the 3DS lately.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Ruairi iliffe said:
I'm really hoping for a E3 trailer showing of it, I am quite happy with the still shots as I adore how much colour really pops out making it quite striking but its interesting Nintendo are showing so much of their hand before the big Shows, Me thinks I will be quite giddy this year.
Makes me think Nintendo had big plans for E3 the way they're giving so much away, but when you think about it it's all tidbits, some stills here, some tiny details and glimpses of new pokemon and such.

I think I shall be having a very excitable year indeed.

Oh and the 3DS lineup is looking glamorous, frigging Luigi's Mansion 2 soon!

Ruairi iliffe

Sep 13, 2010
SkarKrow said:
Ruairi iliffe said:
Makes me think Nintendo had big plans for E3 the way they're giving so much away, but when you think about it it's all tidbits, some stills here, some tiny details and glimpses of new pokemon and such.

I was starting to worry Nintendo where slacking with the Wii U and 3DS without any good titles to be seen, but seems they just wanted the hardware out the door THEN get the 'Killer Apps' finished, pardon the horrible buzz word.

Oh and I didn't catch the 3DS stuff, Apart from Luigi's mansion(Which I'm looking forward too, march is a good month for the 3DS)
I haven't seen much news.

INeedAName

Feb 16, 2011
Sweet Jesus! Now I know there'll be something I'll really want for when I get around to buy a WiiU. Praise Nintendo for capitalizing off my nostalgia!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Er no....the sick of sailing game is sick...give me a OOT/MM HD double pack and I am in....also give me a HD Metroid Prime quad pack and I am also in >>.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Gee, thnx Nintendo.

Re-release my favorite Zelda on a console that I don't really want. You guys are sick freaks.

Well, guess I better start gathering up some money. T_T

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Ruairi iliffe said:
SkarKrow said:
Ruairi iliffe said:

I was starting to worry Nintendo where slacking with the Wii U and 3DS without any good titles to be seen, but seems they just wanted the hardware out the door THEN get the 'Killer Apps' finished, pardon the horrible buzz word.

Oh and I didn't catch the 3DS stuff, Apart from Luigi's mansion(Which I'm looking forward too, march is a good month for the 3DS)
I haven't seen much news.
Yeah me too and then just a huge bulk announcement of great things coming out. Ehh I'm not up to date on the 3DS stuff myself, but I'm anticipating Luigi's Mansion 2 and Pokemon X/Y :3

Gonna go grab Mario Kart 7 too methinx.

an annoyed writer

Exalted Lady of The Meep :3
Jun 21, 2012
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Wind Waker is one of my all-time favorites from the Gamecube, but the N64 ones could really use a true HD remake much, much more. As good as Ocarina of Time 3D is, it's still an experience I like to have on my TV, and I'd love to see that and Majora's Mask remade so they don't look like paper cutouts of ass. Wind Waker only really needed a native resolution upgrade and it was set: It still looks great today. This feels somewhat lazy, I guess.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
And here I thought Wind Weaker had ageless graphics... a HD remake is nice, but unnecessary.

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
this is totally unnecessary if you ask me. wouldn't it be prudent to maintain the original look of one of the best looking gamecube games, especially considering how it stood out amonsgt all the other graphical masterpieces, like re4 and viewtiful joe?

its not like anyone feels the need to touch up the mona lisa every few years.

MYWA

Jan 23, 2013
Well, I guess I'm going to be the jerk that says "Meh" to this so far. Wind Waker for the Gamecube was a perfectly fine looking game; a HD makover is hardly necessary. Don't get me wrong, it's all very nice, but the graphics here also seem to kind of miss the point. As everyone knows, Wind Waker had a very deliberately flat, stylised cartoon look to it. The graphics here take those toon-shaded graphics and... make them more realistic? "Ooh, enhanced lighting!" "Ooh! shadows, shadows, more shadows!" I dunno, but for me it would've been nice if they had used the Wii U technology to take the graphics even further in an artistic direction. This effort seems to lack imagination.

Still, it sure beats a lazy port. I'd pick it up.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
and the best part is this time around we get to manage our inventory on the Wii Pad....

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I know the consensus when it comes to what the collective believes to be the best Zelda ever and despite that my favorite of the 3D Zelda games was Wind Waker and I'm extremely excited...then again I'm kinda surprised by how few people here are belly aching about it not being a OoT/MM double pack. This won't be out quickly enough for me.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
It's going to take more than WW for me to get a Wii U. Let me know when there's an MM remake for the 3DS.