The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Remake Headed to Wii U

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011

I've said before that [a href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.391207-Its-the-gamepocalypse-you-can-only-save-one-game"]if I could only save one game in the entire world[/a], I'd choose Windwaker. I like the game that much, but that doesn't mean it needs an HD remake, the cell shaded graphics effectively future-proofed it for all time. Nintendo already remade OOT, why did they skip over the next logical one to do?

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
<spoiler=Pic heavy post>Some picture from WW HD.

I think that the new soft lightning looks fantastic. I've played the game when it was released on the GC and I've played it on my PC with Dolphin. This looks so much better than the emulated version. This really is a no contest.

EDIT:
I know this isn't likely to happen, but this would be the best things since sliced bread if Nintendo actually finished the game. I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but WW was shipped unfinished. There are several dungeons that weren't finished and were scraped from the game. So if Ninty finished at least some of them, this would be... oh... I don't know how to describe how happy I would be.

EDIT^2:
Open image in a new tab to see in full size and beauty.
Wait, what are Tetra, Pot Holding Lady, and Link all doing on Windfall Island at the same time? Pot Lady never leaves Outset!

Madmanonfire

Jul 24, 2009
ALL OF MY WANT!!
This is the only 3D zelda I haven't beaten, so I'm getting this day 1. Fall can't come soon enough.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
I'm not one to advocate piracy and emulation, but if you okay Wind Waker on an emulator in hi-def, its art-style doesn't need updated graphics. I ran it at 1440 x 900 and it still looked amazing (Just to clarify, I have a Wii and a copy of it but 1) was curious as to how good the emulation was and 2) didn't have either on me when the craving arose, all is well now, please don't kill me mods)

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
It looked fine before, cell shaded games don't really age vs the more 'real' visuals and this game isn't really an exception or in need of this.
Honestly I'm finding it more shocking that many Wii super fans who always claimed graphics don't matter are now ecstatic this is coming out, just like Ocarina of Time.
Then again I find most remakes useless unless they add something worth rebuying the game for, typically set at full freaking price. No thank you.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
I still want to see some actual video of Wind Waker HD, although the screenshots/artwork/whatever look pretty sweet.

Not jumping on the Wii U bandwagon just yet, but I am at least interested now!

DiamanteGeeza

Jun 25, 2010
Finally a reason for people to buy the Wii U!

Wind Waker is, in my opinion, the best Zelda game of them all, and is one of my favorite games of all time. I can still hear the sailing tune in my head...

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
Typical Nintendo, they keep re-releasing their own games just for the sake of money -w-

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
Fuzzed said:
and the best part is this time around we get to manage our inventory on the Wii Pad....
I wouldn't mind at all.

I'm a cold hearted bastard who tends to endlessly rant about new novelty bullshit, but I've been genuinely pleased with my Wii U since the moment I opened it on Christmas.

I don't think I've ever owned a console where I only had two games and wasn't furious that nothing else was out yet...

Except for N64 maybe.

Edit: Hope I can play on the pad by itself too :eek:.

That was woefully missing from Sonic Racing.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Oh I am so surprised they remade another classic.
Look at my surprise-face. See my surprise face? Aaaaahh...I am so surprised...

Wind Waker is a classic. Great. Maybe someone's kids will experience it, or some technophile will get a joygasm out of the graphics. Good for them.

Let me know when Nintendo actually does something of note, instead of doing more donuts in Nostalgia Avenue.

Fuzzed

Dec 27, 2012
theultimateend said:
Fuzzed said:
and the best part is this time around we get to manage our inventory on the Wii Pad....
I wouldn't mind at all.

I'm a cold hearted bastard who tends to endlessly rant about new novelty bullshit, but I've been genuinely pleased with my Wii U since the moment I opened it on Christmas.

I don't think I've ever owned a console where I only had two games and wasn't furious that nothing else was out yet...

Except for N64 maybe.

Edit: Hope I can play on the pad by itself too :eek:.

That was woefully missing from Sonic Racing.
I guess my point was....Who cares about a re-make of the Windwaker? I'm not going to replay friggin' Crysis because I bought a better video card yesterday. If you really can't bear the wait for the next Zelda, just play one of the other 6 billion games that are alreadly released or will be released shortly....Check out some sweet Indie games or watch some old Humphrey Bogart movies or somethin'...