The Legendary White Dwarf is Coming to Total War: Warhammer as Free DLC

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Legendary White Dwarf is Coming to Total War: Warhammer as Free DLC

More free DLC is coming to Total War: Warhammer - this time it's the legendary Dwarven warrior Grombrindal, known as the White Dwarf.

There's been plenty of DLC released for Total War: Warhammer already, and now there's another new Legendary Lord available - for free. The legendary Dwarven warrior Grombrindal is a Legendary Lord known as the White Dwarf. You can spot him easily thanks to his white hair and beard. He joins Thorgrim and Ungrim as the leaders of the Dwarfen campaigns.

Grombrindal will also have access to four new quest chains that will reward him with Legendary gear. His abilities are:

Grombrindal can assume the aspect and attendant benefits of one of the illustrious Dwarf deities, Grimnir, Valaya and Grungni, through his unique Living Ancestor dilemma
The greatest campaign reinforcement range of any Lord
Increased Underway evasion chance
His unique battle ability, 'Grimnir Has no Fear,' is an augment which bestows increased melee attack, melee defence, vigour and the Unbreakable trait
His unique battle ability 'Flash Bomb' temporarily blinds enemies and slows their advance

He's been available since late October to those lucky folks who snagged a code from Warhammer Magazine in November, or those who acquired a code at Games Workshop and Warhammer stores around the same time. But if you weren't one of those people, you can now download Grombrindal on Steam [http://store.steampowered.com/app/506190/] for free.

[gallery=6825]

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Still waiting for any news about the possible expansion for this game.

I want High Elves, Khorne Daemons, Ogre Kingdoms. and Skaven please.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

You mean Total War: Warhammer 2. There is no expansion; there is only DLC.

But truth be told I'm glad I got the game. Yeah the DLC practice is shit, but it's the most fun TW i've played since Medieval 1. I sure as hell ain't buying their extra races any time soon, but the modding community did some good work with it so far, including adding all (?) the lesser nations as playable races, with their own quests and everything.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
This game baffles me. It is, simultaneously, releasing massive amounts of paid DLC and massive amounts of free DLC. I don't know what to make of it. (Only that I'm not buying it until it all gets stuffed into a GOTY edition)

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Zulnam said:
Samtemdo8 said:

But truth be told I'm glad I got the game. Yeah the DLC practice is shit, but it's the most fun TW i've played since Medieval 1. I sure as hell ain't buying their extra races any time soon, but the modding community did some good work with it so far, including adding all (?) the lesser nations as playable races, with their own quests and everything.
What's so shitty about the DLC because so far all the DLC they did sell is reasonable.

I bought all them day 1 and did not regret my purchase.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
This game baffles me. It is, simultaneously, releasing massive amounts of paid DLC and massive amounts of free DLC. I don't know what to make of it. (Only that I'm not buying it until it all gets stuffed into a GOTY edition)
If 2 Faction Packs and 2 Lord Packs is what you consider MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PAID DLC.

Than something is wrong here.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:
If 2 Faction Packs and 2 Lord Packs is what you consider MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF PAID DLC.

If all of the DLC is expensive enough that, all together, it's more expensive than the base game, then yes, I consider it to be a massive amount of paid DLC, PARTICULARLY for a game that hasn't even been out for a full year. Stellaris is around as old, yet only has half as much paid DLC out, (I don't count soundtracks and e-books as DLC, as they're not needed to get a complete experience of the game). Also you left out the Chaos Warriors Race Pack.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:

If all of the DLC is expensive enough that, all together, it's more expensive than the base game, then yes, I consider it to be a massive amount of paid DLC, PARTICULARLY for a game that hasn't even been out for a full year. Stellaris is around as old, yet only has half as much paid DLC out, (I don't count soundtracks and e-books as DLC, as they're not needed to get a complete experience of the game). Also you left out the Chaos Warriors Race Pack.
Than suck it up and pay for it one by one everytime you get payed with your fees.

Or buy the ones you care the most.

Do you want to play the Beastmen, Wood Elves, or Chaos Warriors?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:

Than suck it up and pay for it one by one everytime you get payed with your fees.

"Suck it up."

I'd rather not. This splurging has killed any interest I had in the game. Also, I'm confused by your approach. You remark that there isn't that much DLC. I point out that there actually is a fair bit, and you tell me to suck if up. What point are you trying to make exactly?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:

"Suck it up."

I'd rather not. This splurging has killed any interest I had in the game. Also, I'm confused by your approach. You remark that there isn't that much DLC. I point out that there actually is a fair bit, and you tell me to suck if up. What point are you trying to make exactly?
That I believe that anyone complaining about DLC these days, are just being stingy with their money.

We complain and complain and complain.

And mind you I was one of these complainers against DLC in general.

But after years of barely any change at all.....why bother, I gave up and just bought DLC that I care about.

And so far all my purchases of the DLC for THIS game has been worth it because this game is amazing. You are missing out, and your DLC hesitation is not helping you.

But if you want the Complete version with all of it included, go ahead. The Old World Edition for this game is coming out next month from what I heard with Bretonnia as a fully fleshed out faction.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
If not wanting to pay the price of a game over again is being stingy, then you're going to have to explain to me how being stingy is a bad thing. You're goddamn right I'm gonna complain, complain, complain. I'm not content with giving into complacency.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
If not wanting to pay the price of a game over again is being stingy, then you're going to have to explain to me how being stingy is a bad thing. You're goddamn right I'm gonna complain, complain, complain. I'm not content with giving into complacency.
I have complained since 2010. And nothing has changed. Our complaints are futile.

And as I said before the DLC here is very worth it because in the older games when it came right down to it, most of the factions were just palette swapes of the same thing. Shogun 2 was the egregious example.

So in the end just buy the DLC you care about the most. Or wait for sales. Rome 2 and Attila had a HUGE sale that their DLC were in such a small amount that it was practically a steal.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I have complained since 2010. And nothing has changed. Our complaints are futile.

And as I said before the DLC here is very worth it because in the older games when it came right down to it, most of the factions were just palette swapes of the same thing. Shogun 2 was the egregious example.

So in the end just buy the DLC you care about the most. Or wait for sales. Rome 2 and Attila had a HUGE sale that their DLC were in such a small amount that it was practically a steal.
*Looks at the free DLC for Titanfall 2* You and I go by different definitions of futile. Stellaris also begs to differ. Yes, it has paid DLC, but it also has massive free updates, ones that massively improve the game.

We also go by different definitions of worth it. Sixty dollars is a freaking lot for a game, and TW:W has been refusing to budge its price on sales. I'm not a rich man, I can't afford to idly toss money around, and I'm certainly not going to spend it on a game that's trying to nickle and dime me to a ludicrous degree. Doesn't help that the Steam reviewers have voiced a lot of complaints on how the game feels incomplete without all of the DLC. Fuck, even the positive reviews call it out.

Jesus Christ, does my not being happy with the DLC for this game really bother you THAT much?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:
erttheking said:
Samtemdo8 said:

*Looks at the free DLC for Titanfall 2* You and I go by different definitions of futile.

We also go by different definitions of worth it. Sixty dollars is a freaking lot for a game, and TW:W has been refusing to budge its price on sales. I'm not a rich man, I can't afford to idly toss money around, and I'm certainly not going to spend it on a game that's trying to nickle and dime me to a ludicrous degree. Doesn't help that the Steam reviewers have voiced a lot of complaints on how the game feels incomplete without all of the DLC. Fuck, even the positive reviews call it out.

Jesus Christ, does my not being happy with the DLC for this game really bother you THAT much?
I am just highly recommeneding you to get this game since its a very polished and well made game, even at launch it was suprisingly bug free after the disaster that was Rome 2 at launch. I mean the only scumbag DLC practice this game did was the Pre-Order of Chaos Warriors, I don't see anything scumbaggy about the Post Launch DLC of this game since it was expected and it is what consumers of the game wanted.

The DLC complaining for this game in perticular is only from people that never bought this game at launch so when all the Post Launch DLC accumelates, of course its gonna appear as more expensive for people that wants to buy it long after launch.

Look in the end I recommend buying the base game first, The Old World edition when it comes out February since it will add up all the Free DLC, and if you don't like what you have played, just refund it, Steam offers that these days and you will get all of your money back. Or if you ended up liking the base game, than save money for the DLC later. Especially prioritize the ones you wish to buy the most.

I mean the base game is massive enough as it is.

Boris Goodenough

Jul 15, 2009
Zulnam said:
I was under the impression, they will be expansions/stand alones/independent games, as in each expansion has it's own independent region(s) and if you have 2 or all 3 of them they will merge the playable regions from their respective games.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Far be it for me to jump in here and put words in someone else's mouth but the point there went way over your head. Yes, he's complaining but he doesn't like the DLC practice and he's voting with his wallet.

The reason I'd say he's right is because they had a DLC up for sale on release. I'm fine with post launch DLC but this really wasn't post launch. It launched with the game.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

The reason I'd say he's right is because they had a DLC up for sale on release. I'm fine with post launch DLC but this really wasn't post launch. It launched with the game.

Wait Wait Wait?

Are you saying the DLCs for this game.

Call of the Beastmen, Realm of the Wood Elves, King and the Warlord, and Grim and the Grave.

All of those were already IN the game when this entire game first launched?

Because is very incorrect, because I bought and played this game at launch and there was no indication of the DLC for this game being here at all. For example the Wood Elves I know where they start in the campaign map and saw it before the DLC came out and there was nothing. Wood Elves start in the FOrest of Athel Loren and when I checked where it was there was no settlements, no models, it was a blank forest on the Campaign map.

But if I am wrong why are the 4 DLCs I mentioned not post launch DLC? Considering they came out months after the game launched?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

Call of the Beastmen, Realm of the Wood Elves, King and the Warlord, and Grim and the Grave.

Because is very incorrect, because I bought and played this game at launch and there was no indication of the DLC for this game being here at all. For example the Wood Elves I know where they start in the campaign map and saw it before the DLC came out and there was nothing. Wood Elves start in the FOrest of Athel Loren and when I checked where it was there was no settlements, no models, it was a blank forest on the Campaign map.

But if I am wrong why are the 4 DLCs I mentioned not post launch DLC? Considering they came out months after the game launched?
So aside from the facts that there's more than 4 DLC from the game and I said "a dlc" yes, they had additional content you had to download that you had to purchase which was available on release.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

So aside from the facts that there's more than 4 DLC from the game and I said "a dlc" yes, they had additional content you had to download that you had to purchase which was available on release.
You referring to the game as it is now for the post launch buyer who not only has to buy the base game, but the DLC that has accumalated over the months?

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

You referring to the game as it is now for the post launch buyer who not only has to buy the base game, but the DLC that has accumalated over the months?
Of course there's going to be a build up of DLC as the game goes on, and that's not at all what I was referring to if you even read my post. I was referring to the fact that on the day the game was released, there was already additional content available for the game that needed to be purchased separately from the base game.

To anyone else reading this, am I not phrasing this correctly? Honest question.