Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I have complained since 2010. And nothing has changed. Our complaints are futile.

The reason I'd say he's right is because they had a DLC up for sale on release. I'm fine with post launch DLC but this really wasn't post launch. It launched with the game.

Wait Wait Wait?

Are you saying the DLCs for this game.

Call of the Beastmen, Realm of the Wood Elves, King and the Warlord, and Grim and the Grave.

All of those were already IN the game when this entire game first launched?

Because is very incorrect, because I bought and played this game at launch and there was no indication of the DLC for this game being here at all. For example the Wood Elves I know where they start in the campaign map and saw it before the DLC came out and there was nothing. Wood Elves start in the FOrest of Athel Loren and when I checked where it was there was no settlements, no models, it was a blank forest on the Campaign map.

But if I am wrong why are the 4 DLCs I mentioned not post launch DLC? Considering they came out months after the game launched?
So aside from the facts that there's more than 4 DLC from the game and I said "a dlc" yes, they had additional content you had to download that you had to purchase which was available on release.
You referring to the game as it is now for the post launch buyer who not only has to buy the base game, but the DLC that has accumalated over the months?
Of course there's going to be a build up of DLC as the game goes on, and that's not at all what I was referring to if you even read my post. I was referring to the fact that on the day the game was released, there was already additional content available for the game that needed to be purchased separately from the base game.

To anyone else reading this, am I not phrasing this correctly? Honest question.
I understand considering the fact the game release with the Pre-Order DLC of the Warriors of Chaos faction, so it launhed with Day 1 DLC essentialy, but in the case of this game you could get the Warriors of Chaos for free if you bought the game in the first week of release.

And as of now the Warriors of Chaos faction got discounted to $8.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
I have complained since 2010. And nothing has changed. Our complaints are futile.

The reason I'd say he's right is because they had a DLC up for sale on release. I'm fine with post launch DLC but this really wasn't post launch. It launched with the game.

Wait Wait Wait?

Call of the Beastmen, Realm of the Wood Elves, King and the Warlord, and Grim and the Grave.

Because is very incorrect, because I bought and played this game at launch and there was no indication of the DLC for this game being here at all. For example the Wood Elves I know where they start in the campaign map and saw it before the DLC came out and there was nothing. Wood Elves start in the FOrest of Athel Loren and when I checked where it was there was no settlements, no models, it was a blank forest on the Campaign map.

But if I am wrong why are the 4 DLCs I mentioned not post launch DLC? Considering they came out months after the game launched?
So aside from the facts that there's more than 4 DLC from the game and I said "a dlc" yes, they had additional content you had to download that you had to purchase which was available on release.
You referring to the game as it is now for the post launch buyer who not only has to buy the base game, but the DLC that has accumalated over the months?
Of course there's going to be a build up of DLC as the game goes on, and that's not at all what I was referring to if you even read my post. I was referring to the fact that on the day the game was released, there was already additional content available for the game that needed to be purchased separately from the base game.

I understand considering the fact the game release with the Pre-Order DLC of the Warriors of Chaos faction, so it launhed with Day 1 DLC essentialy, but in the case of this game you could get the Warriors of Chaos for free if you bought the game in the first week of release.

No offense meant but you have to be stupid (regardless of how this one turned out) to pre-order another Total War game given how notoriously buggy and lacking they are at launch. And even then, that's besides the point. There was additional content, on day 1. I don't really give a damn about the price now, or that it was available for free if you pre-ordered. Day 1 DLC that's ready to go should be included with the base game at launch.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

No offense meant but you have to be stupid (regardless of how this one turned out) to pre-order another Total War game given how notoriously buggy and lacking they are at launch. And even then, that's besides the point. There was additional content, on day 1. I don't really give a damn about the price now, or that it was available for free if you pre-ordered. Day 1 DLC that's ready to go should be included with the base game at launch.
1. But this game was a surprise after Rome 2's launch its like Rome 2's massive negative reception kicked them into shape to do better this time. I bought the game Day 1 launch against all odds, no reviews from people like Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe, knowledge of the past game's disastorous launch, etc. and the game came out spotless.

2. I have said it before, Pre-Order DLC has been standard, you can fight it all you want, but it will never go away, it has not gone away for almost 10 years now, at that point I have given into complencency, you may continue fighting against it, but all you will do as alienated a lot of games, even objectively good ones, and you also have to realize that gaming is and has always been an expensive hobby.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

1. But this game was a surprise after Rome 2's launch its like Rome 2's massive negative reception kicked them into shape to do better this time. I bought the game Day 1 launch against all odds, no reviews from people like Totalbiscuit and Angry Joe, knowledge of the past game's disastorous launch, etc. and the game came out spotless.

2. I have said it before, Pre-Order DLC has been standard, you can fight it all you want, but it will never go away, it has not gone away for almost 10 years now, at that point I have given into complencency, you may continue fighting against it, but all you will do as alienated a lot of games, even objectively good ones, and you also have to realize that gaming is and has always been an expensive hobby.
I don't know how you're missing my points by this much. You're not even in the same ballpark I am. Does me not liking the practice of day 1 DLC, especially when a developer has a terrible track record of releasing bugged games and not supporting it really bother you this much?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:
The Enquirer said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Wait Wait Wait?

I don't know how you're missing my points by this much. You're not even in the same ballpark I am. Does me not liking the practice of day 1 DLC, especially when a developer has a terrible track record of releasing bugged games and not supporting it really bother you this much?
It bothers me when it is against a genuinely good game.

LostCrusader

Lurker in the shadows
Feb 3, 2011
I was getting pretty annoyed that the game was listing that dlc as available with no price but not having any mention of why I couldn't get it.

I was quite happy avoiding the game because I also don't trust their DLC practices, but then I got it gifted on the holiday sale so I gave it a shot. Haven't enjoyed a total war game this much in quite a while, and the dlcs that I have gotten so far have all been mostly good.

Samtemdo8 said:
I am just highly recommeneding you to get this game since its a very polished and well made game, even at launch it was suprisingly bug free after the disaster that was Rome 2 at launch. I mean the only scumbag DLC practice this game did was the Pre-Order of Chaos Warriors, I don't see anything scumbaggy about the Post Launch DLC of this game since it was expected and it is what consumers of the game wanted.

The DLC complaining for this game in perticular is only from people that never bought this game at launch so when all the Post Launch DLC accumelates, of course its gonna appear as more expensive for people that wants to buy it long after launch.
The chaos warriors pre order was pretty scummy but you wouldn't include the blood pack too? I've heard people saying its a rating dodge but I don't buy that excuse.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
LostCrusader said:
I was getting pretty annoyed that the game was listing that dlc as available with no price but not having any mention of why I couldn't get it.

I was quite happy avoiding the game because I also don't trust their DLC practices, but then I got it gifted on the holiday sale so I gave it a shot. Haven't enjoyed a total war game this much in quite a while, and the dlcs that I have gotten so far have all been mostly good.

Samtemdo8 said:
I am just highly recommeneding you to get this game since its a very polished and well made game, even at launch it was suprisingly bug free after the disaster that was Rome 2 at launch. I mean the only scumbag DLC practice this game did was the Pre-Order of Chaos Warriors, I don't see anything scumbaggy about the Post Launch DLC of this game since it was expected and it is what consumers of the game wanted.

The DLC complaining for this game in perticular is only from people that never bought this game at launch so when all the Post Launch DLC accumelates, of course its gonna appear as more expensive for people that wants to buy it long after launch.
The chaos warriors pre order was pretty scummy but you wouldn't include the blood pack too? I've heard people saying its a rating dodge but I don't buy that excuse.
Well I think CA should have just sucked it up and make thier games M Rated I mean some of the highest Selling Games to this day are M rated.

But in the end all I can say is fuck it, if that is how it is then so long as its not higher than 5 dollars I'll buy it if I have to. I mean 3 dollars or less to get blood in a game is not the end of the world for me.

Zulnam

Feb 22, 2010
Yes Sam, we get it, you love everything about the game and think that there's nothing wrong with paying 2? for blood or 13? for a race. Good for you. Buy it all on day one and never look back.

Because there will be a lot of middle fingers raised in your wake aimed at the unethical business models that you tolerate.

It is a good game though, can't argue with that. Probably SEGA's dictating the business practice.