The LEGO Batman Movie - Everything is Still Awesome

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
The LEGO Batman Movie - Everything is Still Awesome

The LEGO Batman Movie is the best Batman movie in years - and one of the best ever.

Read Full Article

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Of course you think its the best Batman movie in years.

Bu to me the trailers gave me everything I need to know that its the most saccharine piece of shit I have seen.

And its not alone, its on par with other shit like Zootopia, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Deadpool that this current movie going public care about:

"Retro, Self-Aware, Irreverent, Humor, Colorful, don't take shit too seriously"

What utter lameness.

90sgamer

Jan 12, 2012
Totally agree Samtemdo8. I think they should have tried to make 12 Angry Men, or Citizen Kane, but with Batman, because that's the kind of movie mature, intellectual movie goers prefer.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

Bu to me the trailers gave me everything I need to know that its the most saccharine piece of shit I have seen.

And its not alone, its on par with other shit like Zootopia, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Deadpool that this current movie going public care about:

"Retro, Self-Aware, Irrevenent, Humor, Colorful, don't take shit too seriously"

What utter lameness.
You haven't seen it so you can't judge it. I'm excited for all the in-jokes for us comic book fans.

Plus this movie just looks fun, unlike the rest of DC's recent film output.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
You haven't seen it so you can't judge it. I'm excited for all the in-jokes for us comic book fans.

I don't want fun, I want drama, I want stakes, I want to have care for the character, I want the character to bleed on the floor so that thier eventual triumph is all the more glorious and tear inducing.

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.

I don't want fun, I want drama, I want stakes, I want to have care for the character, I want the character to bleed on the floor so that thier eventual triumph is all the more glorious and tear inducing.
Tell me who hurt you so you hate fun so much. Not everything has to be dark and serious. It's okay to have fun every once in a while.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I have never laughed so much in a movie before. Seriously, the first 10 seconds of the movie had the first joke and then I did not stop.
I'm such a sucker for meta humor.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
What a time to be a Batman fan, between Killing Joke and Batman v. Superman, that cameo in Suicide Squad, the direc-to-video Return of the Caped Crusader, Bat Blood, Justice League vs. Teen Titans, on top of the Return to Arkham collection plus the Arkham VR and the new Injustice game. All of that within a year and now this. I wonder if it's possible to get sick of Batman, I've certainly got sick of seeing Martha Wayne and the other dude getting shot.

OT: Lego Batman, the unlikeliest of the matchups, still as funny as the original, although I miss Emmet.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
And I thought you were done with superheroes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.946907-At-this-point-screw-Superheroes], yet you're the 1st to post a reply to a superhero movie review. I guess you'll be the 1st to reply on Guardians Vol.2 review saying how nobody should be having any fun with it.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Kenbo Slice said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.

Tell me who hurt you so you hate fun so much. Not everything has to be dark and serious. It's okay to have fun every once in a while.
No one hurt me. That stereotype does not apply to everyone.
Phoenixmgs said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
And I thought you were done with superheroes [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.946907-At-this-point-screw-Superheroes], yet you're the 1st to post a reply to a superhero movie review. I guess you'll be the 1st to reply on Guardians Vol.2 review saying how nobody should be having any fun with it.
No I would have said the samething if was Zootopia (because the praise its getting is overshadowing the masterpieces of the Renissance and Golden and Silver Era of Disney Animation)

Or silly Manga like One-Punch Man overshadowing brilliantely written Manga like Lone Wolf and Cub.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Phoenixmgs said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
I say just ignore him. He ain't worth your time.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Used "shit" three times.
Misspelled Irreverent.
Generalized "The current movie going public"
Concluded the post with "Utter Lameness".

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
Samtemdo8 said:
No I would have said the samething if was Zootopia (because the praise its getting is overshadowing the masterpieces of the Renissance and Golden and Silver Era of Disney Animation)

Or silly Manga like One-Punch Man overshadowing brilliantely written Manga like Lone Wolf and Cub.
Zootopia is rated lower (on RottenTomatoes) than the classic 2D Disney movies you refer to. I don't know how Zootopia is overshadowing known classics. Manga/Anime ratings are beyond broken. The number of animes that are rated as "masterpieces" that have been literally trainwreck bad is beyond ridiculous, and this has been going for quite a long time so much so I have a hard time even trying most anything with regards to anime.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Phoenixmgs said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Zootopia is rated lower (on RottenTomatoes) than the classic 2D Disney movies you refer to. I don't know how Zootopia is overshadowing known classics. Manga/Anime ratings are beyond broken. The number of animes that are rated as "masterpieces" that have been literally trainwreck bad is beyond ridiculous, and this has been going for quite a long time so much so I have a hard time even trying most anything with regards to anime.
So the Zootopia hype finally died down?
Omey said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Used "shit" three times.
Misspelled Irreverent.
1. That's how I talk.

2. EDIT: Noticed it. At a glance it looked like it was spelled as it should.

3. I have seen so many Reviewers both Youtube and official and read so many comments on youtube asking for movies to be more lighthearted.

4. Yes I think things like Zootopia and this Lego Batman movie to be utterly lame.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Phoenixmgs said:
Zootopia is rated lower (on RottenTomatoes) than the classic 2D Disney movies you refer to. I don't know how Zootopia is overshadowing known classics.
Should ratings on rotten tomatoes or IMDB affect a person's relative enjoyment of a movie? Are internet website ratings an objective way to judge what makes a movie good? What makes a movie better than the other? If someone does not like a movie rated better by a third party does that mean their appreciation of a movie is wrong? Does that mean people who like movies that are not universally accepted to be "Good" are people with poor judgment? Is it right to judge a person by that? Further, is it alright to judge your own self-worth based on things you like and consume? Because I like metal and do not like rap, is it ok to be hateful towards other form of music? What is the difference between indifference and offense? Or is it because I'm looking for a reason to feel like something separates me from the people who like the other form of music? Does my offense or indifference come from an objective place? Can art be objective? Have their been studies showing whether people with higher IQs like a particular type of movie or music? But most importantly having a higher IQ make you a better person? What is a good person?

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
Phoenixmgs said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Omey said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Used "shit" three times.
Misspelled Irreverent.
1. That's how I talk.

2. No I did not

3. I have seen so many Reviewers both Youtube and official and read so many comments on youtube asking for movies to be more lighthearted.

4. Yes I think things like Zootopia and this Lego Batman movie to be utterly lame.
1. Interesting. Do you talk like that to people you know in real life? Do you have the courage to talk like that to people who are socially more popular than you? Do you talk like that to people who are physically bigger than you? Is this internet talk or do you walk around with a chip on your shoulder in real life or on your job where you may need to interact with people?

2. "Irrevenent" - That is what you spelled in the original post. That is not a word. Hence you have misspelled it. I dont know what your intended word was but if it wasn't irreverent, then what other word was it?

3. What makes you call out the movie going public like they are a group? Does everyone who watches movies fall in that group. If I enter a movie theater right now, how many of the people watching that movie will fall in that group? Is there a percentage? Do all the people in that group hold the exact same views?

4. What does utterly lame mean? Is it your opinion or a fact? What facts have you used to come to your opinion?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Omey said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Phoenixmgs said:
Samtemdo8 said:

Omey said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Used "shit" three times.
Misspelled Irreverent.
1. That's how I talk.

2. No I did not

1. Interesting. Do you talk like that to people you know in real life? Do you have the courage to talk like that to people who are socially more popular than you? Do you talk like that to people who are physically bigger than you? Is this internet talk or do you walk around with a chip on your shoulder in real life or on your job where you may need to interact with people?

2. "Irrevenent" - That is what you spelled in the original post. That is not a word. Hence you have misspelled it. I dont know what your intended word was but if it wasn't irreverent, then what other word was it?

3. What makes you call out the movie going public like they are a group? Does everyone who watches movies fall in that group. If I enter a movie theater right now, how many of the people watching that movie will fall in that group? Is there a percentage? Do all the people in that group hold the exact same views?

4. What does utterly lame mean? Is it your opinion or a fact? What facts have you used to come to your opinion?
1. Mostly internet, but with people I am familiar with like my brother I talk like this to him to, and sometimes with my father. But I see where you are getting at, that me cussing would bother people. I apoligize, I was just venting my frustration that this movie gonna become another Zooptopia/My Little Pony/Overwatch situation where people are gonna just reference it to no end with the most annoying memes, and that this movie is being treated as the Second Coming of Christ.

2. I posted an edit explaining how I thought at a glance it looked like it was spelled correctly.

3. You make it out as if I think the entire Human Race has this stance, no I just think a sizable portion prefers this sort of movie from the amount of reviewers and comments I have seen.

4. My opinion, I think this movie looks utterly lame, its the same kind of regurgitated movie I have seen before in older kids movies like Shrek but with Merchandising.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Yes, because something that is lighthearted can't take things seriously, and things that are serious can't have a bit of fun with itself. Who wants a bit of balance in their entertainment anyway, right?

You mean to say entertainment that was released to a positive reception just a few years ago is fresher in people's memory and thus more eagerly discussed than entertainment that's 20 years or older? Who'da thunk.

Omey

Apr 8, 2011
Samtemdo8 said:
1. Mostly internet, but with people I am familiar with like my brother I talk like this to him to, and sometimes with my father. But I see where you are getting at, that me cussing would bother people. I apoligize, I was just venting my frustration that this movie gonna become another Zooptopia/My Little Pony/Overwatch situation where people are gonna just reference it to no end with the most annoying memes, and that this movie is being treated as the Second Coming of Christ.

2. I posted an edit explaining how I thought at a glance it looked like it was spelled correctly.

3. You make it out as if I think the entire Human Race has this stance, no I just think a sizable portion prefers this sort of movie from the amount of reviewers and comments I have seen.

4. My opinion, I think this movie looks utterly lame, its the same kind of regurgitated movie I have seen before in older kids movies like Shrek but with Merchandising.
1. I accept your apology
2. I accept your apology
3. You are the one who made the generalization, not me.
4. I do not agree with your opinion. Best of luck

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Casual Shinji said:
Samtemdo8 said:

What utter lameness.
Yes, because something that is lighthearted can't take things seriously, and things that are serious can't have a bit of fun with itself. Who wants a bit of balance in their entertainment anyway, right?

You mean to say entertainment that was released to a positive reception just a few years ago is fresher in people's memory and thus more eagerly discussed than entertainment that's 20 years or older? Who'da thunk.
The Lone Wolf and Cub reference is just an example I could have mentioned something else more recent but Lone Wolf and Cub is all I have in my mind now because its awesome.

I could have mentioned Vagabond or Berserk.