The List Of People You Hate

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
Honestly how do you hate X-box, Harry Potter and Portal...

6. Franchises like CoD that just wont stop making a game every year that is identical to its predecessor.
Oooh, the irony.

OT: There are days when I hate everyone. Let's just leave it at that.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Dimensional Vortex said:
Honestly how do you hate X-box, Harry Potter and Portal...

6. Franchises like CoD that just wont stop making a game every year that is identical to its predecessor.
Oooh, the irony.

OT: There are days when I hate everyone. Let's just leave it at that.
How is X-box and Portal like a franchise like CoD that produces the same game each year? I guess Harry Potter could be counted as doing that, but at least people enjoy the books without being a dick to everyone they meet.

Also I'm sorry if I don't understand your irony, I'm irony impaired, or irony challenged.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
Also I'm sorry if I don't understand your irony, I'm irony impaired, or irony challenged.
You say that you can't possibly hate the franchises that you've listed for no reason other than them being something you like and then proceed hating on a franchise some other people like.

Yeah.

I can understand if you dislike them, but why go so far as to hate?
Answer me that question regarding CoD. Bonus points for telling me who asked it.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Alexander Ovechikin. I hope Callahan or Staal just blows that overpaid russian whore's knees out and then gives his smug bear trap of a mouth a good whack. Good knows the more dental reconstruction that man gets, the better off in life he'll be.

Also a guy in my neighborhood around my age named Derek.

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
You know what you did, Gary!

And Ashlyn, you heartless whore!

This is a very id thread, no?

ABLb0y

Aug 27, 2010
1: Uwe Boll
2: People who say all video games are "murder simulators" and should be banned
3: Whoever made mass effect 2
4: David Cameron
5: Nick Clegg
6: The Westboro Baptist church

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
JourneyThroughHell said:
Dimensional Vortex said:
You say that you can't possibly hate the franchises that you've listed for no reason other than them being something you like and then proceed hating on a franchise some other people like.

Yeah.

I can understand if you dislike them, but why go so far as to hate?
Answer me that question regarding CoD. Bonus points for telling me who asked it.
Yes but Call of Duty just breeds hate and contempt and is quite detrimental when you think about it. And at least Portal, Harry Potter, and the Xbox (by itself) doesn't cause kids to become complete narcissistic pretentious gits.

Toriver

Lvl 20 Hedgehog Wizard
Jan 25, 2010
1) Both religious groups and anti-theists who can't seem to respect one another or their beliefs. Both are as bad as the other, no matter what either side thinks or says. These include the Phelpses and the rest of the WBC, as well as Dawkins, Hitchens, and their ilk
2) The entire cast of Jersey Shore
3) The New York Yankees, the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants (MN Vikings and Twins fan)
4) GOPers who make my party look bad: Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, and most of the rest of Fox News, Michelle Bachmann, (ah, screw it, just put the entire Tea Party in there with her), Pat Robertson, Donald Trump
5) Democrats and liberal commentators and groups I just hate: Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Dennis Kucinich, Keith Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schulz, and most of MSNBC (except for Scarborough, he's cool), George Soros, MoveOn.org, Media Matters, Planned Parenthood
6) Criminals who show absolutely no remorse for what they have done, if they have committed a serious crime; I have no sympathy for them
7) It's not so much a person I dislike, but an attitude; rebellion and doing shocking things, especially immature things, for their own sake; if there's no point to it, and you're likely just going to go back to the way things were after a short time, there's no need to cause trouble at all, and I have little sympathy for you if you get yourself in trouble doing it. I'll likely be on the sidelines cheering on the cops. If there is a purpose, and even better, one I can get behind, that's a different story.
8) PETA. Seriously, their actions have hurt animals far more than helped them. Plus, I like meat, dammit!
9) Scientologists
10) Anonymous. I can support them taking down Scientology and the WBC, but that only means I hate Anonymous slightly less than the other two groups. Otherwise, I have found no mission of theirs that I can support in good faith, especially through their MO, and when they don't have some "noble mission", they turn into a group that is the internet manifestation of number 7 in my list.
11) /b/ See numbers 7 and 10. I can generally tolerate the rest of 4chan and even be slightly entertained by it from time to time.
12) Anyone else who disrespects others for their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or anything else like that. As with my definition of "respect" in general, you don't have to like people of those groups, but you should be able to show them common courtesy and simple human decency as fellow human beings.
13) Another attitude thing: when gamers go over-the-top in their defense of gaming when faced with an actual fault that does plague gamers as a sub-culture. Especially when they use the "every group in humanity has those problems" defense. That wouldn't fly in court or on the playground, and it doesn't fly with me. Just because Joe football-fan next door may be brutish and repulsive when watching the game, doesn't give gamers immunity to the consequences of being brutish and repulsive about gaming, especially when you get into situations like Penny Arcade and the dickwolves incident with the way PA and its fans reacted. Joe football-fan will have his comeuppance for being a dick, and we can't dodge ours either. Even guys like Trey Parker, Matt Stone, and Seth MacFarlane have had to deal with consequences of what they say at some point or another. It doesn't mean they don't have the right to say it; they have every right to say what they want. Heck, I would be devastated if South Park were pulled from the airwaves altogether by the FCC. But on the whole South Park 201 issue, I have mixed feelings for this reason: freedom of speech does not grant you freedom from consequences of that speech. On the one hand, Comedy Central would have had to deal with those consequences as much as Parker and Stone should anything have happened, and they felt they were protecting themselves as well as Parker and Stone. On the other, they acted against Parker and Stone's wishes as the creators of the show in censoring the image of Muhammad and pulling the other episodes with him in it from their website. You have the right to say and publish what you want, but the price is that you have to deal with the backlash of what you say or publish, and I think gamers and the gaming industry have been handling that backlash very poorly in the past few years, and the way we have responded to our issues in the recent past has led to further negative consequences within the past year or so. And if we keep up with this idea that freedom of speech also means freedom from consequence, it's not going to get any better. We have to be more responsible for what we say and publish, and I hate that the image of gamers has come to the state it's in, especially seeing so many gamers out there who fit that image.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Dimensional Vortex said:
Yes but Call of Duty just breeds hate and contempt and is quite detrimental when you think about it. And at least Portal, Harry Potter, and the Xbox (by itself) doesn't cause kids to become complete narcissistic pretentious gits.
That's kinda just your (frankly wrong) opinion. I take it you don't play it. You're as likely to bump into assholes and annoying kids in CoD as in CS, Halo, any other popular FPS (except for TF2 - there you mostly bump into elitists).

It's not the fault of the game that kids play it, is it?

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Simon Pettersson said:
Necromancer Jim said:
Anyone who hasn't joined my army.

Come on, people. We all know I'm going to win. Join and I just might spare you!
Ehm you are a Necromancer if we don´t join you, we will join you anyway >.<
So it's best just to join in the first place, isn't it?