The "Literal Dead Island Trailer" Isn't Quite So Powerful

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
I love Tobuscus videos too much, this was, in my opinion, the best literal trailer he has ever done.

If you don't watch his videos I strongly recommend that you do, he is really funny all the time :)

Dooly95

Jun 13, 2009
I first saw his Facebook/Farmville videos, and his literal ones aren't too bad either.

This one had me smiling at least :p

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Okay, seriously, kudos to the Dead Island marketing guys. They get three gold stars. And a whole freaking box of cookies. EA? Take notes, suckas.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Internet is being slow but the first 20seconds of this is funny so will check it out again on my laptop // Also interested in watching more from these guys

-M

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Neh, this one wasn't really good from him. Halo: Reach, Tron: Legacy, and the latest Resident Evil movie were much, much better Literal'd...

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Wow.

I am subscribed to that guy and almost watched his video yesterday. I didn't think he re-edited it so I just thought he was showcasing the trailer on his channel.

Bummer-city-town.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Sub-Scribed!!!

I actually liked that better than the real trailer to be honest (starts thinking about zombie comedies and Shaun of the Dead now...).

I never noticed that dad's faux-hawk, though. And at one point the mom almost looks like she has an open-mouthed sorta happy expression which made me laugh harder.

*Zombie Outbreak*
AHHHHHH
*Surprise Face!!!*
Oh yeah, AHHHHHHH!!!!!

It does make me wonder what positive outcome could arise from a live action movie based off of the trailer...[footnote]Assuming the movie was inspired in some way by the trailer, possibly in addition to at least knowing something worthwhile about the game...[/footnote]

Eleima

Keeper of the GWJ Holocron
Feb 21, 2010
Call me heartless, but I thought this was a barrel of laughs... =*) Thanks for the heads up, Escapist, I would've missed it otherwise.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
I love Tobuscus.

Though honestly, my favorite version of the Dead Island trailer is this one...

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/710516/Dead-Island-Trailer-Remix-The-Funny-Version.html

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
SilverHammerMan said:
I saw this just yesterday on IGN, I loved it. It's good to see that not I'm not the only one who thinks the trailer wasn't super touching and powerful.
I recommend checking out more of Tobuscus' literal trailers, they're quite amusing.
He probably does, he just makes them anyway.

I love him for making these, they're incredibly funny. This wasn't as funny however, probably because of the video's purpose. It was still well made however.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
I can see why this is funny, and I've enjoyed his other works, but for me, this was a trailer he shouldn't have done, it kind of ruined it for me. I'm not saying I hate it, it just didn't really work in my opinion.

His AC: Bro'hood one was pretty awesome.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
SilverHammerMan said:
I saw this just yesterday on IGN, I loved it. It's good to see that not I'm not the only one who thinks the trailer wasn't super touching and powerful.
I recommend checking out more of Tobuscus' literal trailers, they're quite amusing.
Just because he did this dosn't mean he didnt find it touching mabye he did mabye he didn't who knows

you dont have to dislike or not be able to take somthing seriously to make fun of it

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I love these, but I think his Brotherhood one was my favorite.

And, no, this isn't that powerful with the literal-ness put over it.

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Funny bit... Still doesn't make me go all ooey gooey for the game. I have heard a ton of buzz about this trailer. Watched it and once I saw the girl was a zombie, I stopped caring. Dead Rising 2 in a vacation resort seems to be sub-title for the game thus far. They are gonna need more than that to get me to part with my money....

Damn, I'm jaded...

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
love Tobuscus :]

can't watch the AC: Revelations trailer without thinking about him tho...that one sticks in my head the most (more than the Halo Reach one, and that was the first one I saw of his Literals)