The Live Action Adaptions of Animated Works has officially gone too far.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

They did it, they jumped the shark, they have officially made a dumber idea then a Live Action One Piece.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Not far enough yet. Gimme live action Bob the Builder. Live action Thomas the Tank Engine. Live action Veggie Tales!

Reactions: BrawlMan and Iron

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Not far enough yet. Gimme live action Bob the Builder. Live action Thomas the Tank Engine. Live action Veggie Tales!
Technically Stop Motion animation is a sort of "Live Action"

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Oh, man I have no idea what you're talking about, edgy teenage live action Powerpuff Girls sounds absolutely hilarious.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Oh good, a dark and gritty adaptation of the PowerPuff Girls. Can't wait for the inevitable sexual abuse story line with Buttercup at a frat party, and Bubbles getting ovarian cancer and no longer able to have kids.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Actually, if this was done sort of like Scott Pilgrim vs The World, it could be pretty amusing. Not sure a tv show would have the budget for that.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
One of those has already been done...

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Oh good, a dark and gritty adaptation of the PowerPuff Girls. Can't wait for the inevitable sexual abuse story line with Buttercup at a frat party, and Bubbles getting ovarian cancer and no longer able to have kids.
Calling it right now that Buttercup is gonna be of the LGBT+ spectrum.

I am betting on the T.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

They did it, they jumped the shark, they have officially made a dumber idea then a Live Action One Piece.
No one was asking for this. The premise sounds like someone's fanfiction adapted for TV. I won't be watching, but there is no way this can be worse than the reboot. I bet they did not get Craig McCraken's permission for this. He sure as hell did not sign off on the reboot.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Calling it right now that Buttercup is gonna be of the LGBT+ spectrum.

I am betting on the T.
Well who cares? I mean PPGs aren't actually humans. They are a science experiment made of suger/spice/everything nice, and CHEMICAL X *dramatic voice*. They are literally homunculus/golems, so I don't really give a shit if they decide to say they are trans or whatever. Saying they are girls is just as much an arbitrary concept as saying they are LGBTQ.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
And Blossom will be...hmm...super into the Democrats and be bi and/or have a minority group SO.
I see Blossom as being super-progressive and straight, so she's an ally to LGBT people and is offended on their behalf about every little thing and constantly speaks for them.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think I'm mature enough these days to no longer care about dumb ass shit like this and just enjoy heckling them from the sidelines. If this somehow ever actually gets made, I will enjoy the lengthy rants people will post on YouTube.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Isn't it time people stopped clinging on to their sacred childhood fuzzies? This will keep happening either way, that's just what capitalism do. Might as well prepare yourself for it by cutting the past freeeeee. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for the same shock and disappointment for all the inevitable remake announcements in future, and I assure you there will be plenty for everyone. Also, have a spliff.

Reactions: Worgen

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Isn't it time people stopped clinging on to their sacred childhood fuzzies? This will keep happening either way, that's just what capitalism do. Might as well prepare yourself for it by cutting the past freeeeee. Otherwise you're just setting yourself up for the same shock and disappointment for all the inevitable remake announcements in future, and I assure you there will be plenty for everyone. Also, have a spliff.
I wonder what the reaction will be if they start making Live action adapations of Studio Ghibli's animated works.