The Live-Action Halo TV Show Gets its First Trailer

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Put it on the same level as the ODST and Reach launch trailers, and I'll be on board. The fight scenes in those few brief minutes were millions of years ahead of Forward Unto Dawn. I want this series to have that level of quality before I get excited about it.

Mr. Clarinet

Sep 20, 2012
I really don't like the colour scheme. Things can look cool without being 'night vision green' all the time.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
MiskWisk said:
Gali said:
How do we know this is a Covenant weapon? Isn't this an assumption at the moment? Did I miss something?
Hmm, I suppose in the trailer it does say "They got their hands on a compound that kills humans and nothing else." at 0:44 so I suppose it might not be a weapon and something they stumbled upon so that would excuse the whole weapon thing. If they do end up saying they developed it though I'm not going to be to happy.
Honestly I'd find that easier to believe than there just happens to be a natural compound that ONLY kills humans. At least then it's a weapon created for that purpose, rather than oh hey there is human kryptonite now cuz we couldn't think of anything intelligent. Sorry but I just find that idea completely idiotic and cannot surrender my disbelief for an instant at this.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Sigh...Halo became dead to me ages ago, but to have Ridley Scott's name dragged through the mud as well...yeah, Prometheus was flawed, but it still had potential, and I still think there's hope for a good sequel. This, like pretty much anything 343 produces, appears to be dead on arrival. :(

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Maybe someone (forefathers) had a modified flood virus or the flood got airborne and now needs time to transform the body.
Would sound like a halo zombie show. Could be nice, zombie against actual military.

Note: I don't own any xbox, but like lets plays and the media (extended universe) around it.

WayOutThere

Aug 1, 2009
OMG DO WANT

I'm pretty confident this will be good. What's most important is that they leave Master Chief out of it (since he's the least interesting part of his own story) and avoid the more idiotic parts of the Halo universe.

Humans having advanced to an interstellar travelling species thousands of years ago only to be forced back into primitive hunter-gatherers who then re-advanced into the civilization we have today.

Ylla

Jul 14, 2014
Gimme a sec...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKRlWLDWhGI
Yup, they still fall short.
(remember when the Covenant was badass and not a dumb conglomerate of space faring dinosaurs with tiny bird brains, and stupid armor, remember when Halo was an epic space opera and not a failed militarized shooter, remember when Halo was developed by a company that knew that a killtime of 1.4 is better than 1.86 (omg maths), remember when the soundtrack was orchestra and electric guitars..... Remember Reach).