The Long War 2 Mod is Coming to XCOM 2

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
The Long War 2 Mod is Coming to XCOM 2

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1372/1372090.jpgThe team behind the most popular mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown it bringing that mod's sequel to XCOM 2.

If you've been thinking that XCOM 2 was just too damn easy, we've got some good news for you. 2K Games announced today that Long War Studios, the team behind the Long War mod for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now officially planning to bring Long War 2 to XCOM 2. The studio has also rebranded itself, and is now known as Pavonis Interactive [http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/].

If you didn't play Long War, it basically made Enemy Unknown a longer, more difficult game, and made you plan to utilize your entire roster of soldiers better. It added classes, armors, weapons, and more. At one point, XCOM lead designer Jake Solomon went so far as to say that "We're basically a 20-hour tutorial for Long War, and that's okay."

There's little in the way of actual details on the mod just yet, but a blog post [https://xcom.com/news/long-war-2-mod-coming-to-xcom-2-on-pc] from 2K promises that the company plans to share more info "in the coming weeks."

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
I do like it when a studio treats mods the way they have with this. Always cool to see that interaction between the official and unofficial developers for the same game.

Borty The Bort

Jul 23, 2016
Does anyone know any good famous quotes related to masochism, because I think one would be necessary to describe this.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Borty The Bort said:
Does anyone know any good famous quotes related to masochism, because I think one would be necessary to describe this.
Git Gud?
/darksouls

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Borty The Bort said:
Can't go wrong with the classics. Compliments of Dark Souls.

"Prepare to die."

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Really liked the original Long War mod.

Will certainly try out this one for another playtrough. Especcially as i found XCOM2 always disappointingly short and fast paced

Cartographer

Jun 1, 2009
After getting my head handed to me for the better part of a year with LW, XCOM2 was a refreshing change of pace. I've been back playing LW recently (and the base defence mission just kicked my roster in the head) and I'm really excited to hear this!