The longest game you've beaten start-to-finish in one sitting.

Thundero13

Mar 19, 2009
Once me and my bro beat all three good Spyro games in one sitting, it took about 10-12 hours to beat them all, not 100% of course.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
TimeSplitters: Future Perfect. Not because it's a small game, but grab a friend for coop and you can make a night out of it with ease. ALL night, mind you, but was great fun.

Also Panzer Dragoon Orta, which is a bit smaller, but also a great game. Played switching over with a friend every death, if that still counts.

Also Portal as a replay, but that game's short.

Oh, and Left 4 Dead 2, but that was for a uni assignment. Also for a uni assignment: Kung Fu Panda. Finished it, but that game was terrible!

I think I did Gears of War 2 in a night too, but that was because a friend was over for the night who had it, and was eager to get me to finish it. He skipped a few important cutscenes out of habit =/

Wow, I've finished quite a few games in one night.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Timesplitters Future Perfect, just to see if I could.

Condmened Criminal Origins...it...it was just...THAT GOOD...I wanted more...and MORE.

EDIT: I almost beat FEAR 2 in one sitting, but my mom came home and made me work. I had just gotten past the elementry school.

Imbrium

Jul 2, 2008
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow, completed between about 4pm and 11am the next day over a weekend. Probably more, but I tend not to remember short games because they're inherently badly designed so I never replay them.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
The only games I've beaten in one sitting are short games:

Portal (Cuz no one else can do that...)
Jet Grind Radio (Not to 100% though)
Jet Set Radio Future (Didn't 100% during the sitting, went back and got 100%. Some of those challenges are hard as hell.)

Connellanator

Nov 11, 2009
Went over to a mate's place a year or 2 ago and he had an original Xbox, so of course we were spoilt for choice (sarcasm). We played and finished Halo 1 on Legendary in one night. It was glorious.

dudehead

Jul 21, 2008
I was exploring my basement and found my old copy of Shadow of the Colossus. I put it in my Ps3, started almost crying at the beginning from all the memories and happiness.

Before I knew it I had a text from my girlfriend telling me goodmorning.

That ending still makes me cry like a baby.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Both Halo 3 and Halo:Reach were beaten by me in a single sitting (Each, not a marathon of both)

I play a lot of games with what I like to call "general jackassery" potential, in which things like sidequests and just dicking around add a lot of playtime, so I rarely finish a game in one sitting.

Hell, I'm probably the only person here who didn't finish Portal in a single sitting. Mostly because I spent like at least 20 extra minutes on every level just screwing around.

Rpground

Aug 9, 2009
LoZ: Ocarina of Time: beat it in 7 hours collecting 100% of EVERYTHING! (heart piece,gold skulls,gold scale,quiver/slingshot upgrades,no hit on Ganondorf/Ganon,ect ect.)

but this was AGES ago,when the N64 was about half way threw its life-cycle (give or take).

i cant even remember my age at the time...all that i remember is the ENTIRE run (i could detail it 100% threw,but it would take hours of typing...not to mention such a waste of brain space,huh?). yes...i played the game THAT much,i still know the game like the back of my hand...but sadly,i gave my N64 away...WORST DECISION I EVER MADE REGARDING GAMING! Dx i still regret it to this day...even with all our emulators now (its just not the same,dammit!),its at least its a nice nostalgic feeling when you play again...

though regarding other game,i have beaten many other games in one sitting...but seriously nothing i do will ever top this,lol! oh,and before you go "your lying,thats impossible" do you REALLY want me to type out EVER SINGLE LITTLE DETAIL to you? cause i can,though i doubt you REALLY want to read hours of text (yes i will explain it in that much depth and detail!).

i say this cause i know people...

Flamma Man

Jul 23, 2009
Half-Life, Portal, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

All in that order, all in one sitting.

What? I felt like being nocturnal that day/night.

Savagezion

Mar 28, 2010
I actually spent all weekend beating this game when I first got it. Kinda sad looking back at it now and how it has about 2-3 hours of play. Took me like 18 hours when I was 13. I remember being pissed that the reward for beating the game, or "end game cutscene" was the intro played in reverse. (Imagine the first part with the island played backwards to the sound of a helicopter and that is the end of the game.)

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
It is hard to say. It would either be FFX or FFXII

FFX was completed in about two days time. It was like my third playthrough and the purpose was so my girlfriend at the time could see what it was all about. She didnt want to play herself, just wanted to watch it for the story. So we managed to push through it all in one sitting.

FFXII was due in large part thanks to being on Amphetamine at the time and having a need to sell it off in a hurry to get the most money back out of it, because I was only supposed to have rented it, but I got impatient and bought it, and I didnt want my fiancee to know that I spent 55$ on it.

Duration wise, that was a LOT easier to handle than FFX. Amphetamine is such a wonderful drug.

Aleate

Mar 24, 2009
I just finished Fable 3 a few hours ago... about 13 hours game time. Oh, do bathroom and food breaks count? (Game was still on though :)

Hemlet

Jul 31, 2009
I did a one sitting play through of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask once. Got all the masks, fairies, and heart pieces and all that good stuff. Although, there were points where I simply couldn't remember what to do and such, which dragged out the time to something like 20 hours instead of the 8 or 9 it should've taken. And then there was point where I just got REALLY distracted and started goofing around with that milk that gives you unlimited magic. DAMN that was fun.

MeSomeGuy

Aug 10, 2009
Metal Gear Solid 3

Technically I fell asleep while on a codec in the prison... but I never turned it off or left my house. Dose that still count?

...those codec calls are long. So not my fault >_>