The longest you've slept, the longest you've been awake.

GreenSage

Jun 11, 2011
Longest awake 4 days while camping. Longest asleep 92 days after being in a coma as a result of a car accident. Does that count?

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Queen Michael said:
I just woke up. I went to sleep at 07:30 AM, and I woke up about half an hour ago, at 09:30 PM. So that's 14 hours of sleeping, which is the longest I ever slept.

Last week I stayed awake for 46 hours, without any other help than habanero chips. Longest period of waking ever.

What's the longest you've ever been awake, and the longest you've slept?
Longest period awake: 30 hours. Around 18-20 hours, I start talking really fast and around 25-30, I start getting really jittery. And my body has next to zero tolerance for caffeine, so I don't drink it.

The longest I've ever slept? 18 hours. I went to bed at six PM one night and didn't awake till the next Noon.

tombman888

Jul 12, 2009
The longest time i've been awake is about 48 hours, after a party with friends...
coincidentaly, the longest i've slept came right after, at about 14 hours

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
EternityTransfer said:
139 hours awake. (5 days, 19 hours)

That nearly killed me. I was okay after 20 hours. Around the 35-hour mark, fine co-ordination began to be difficult (writing, or picking up small objects was tricky). Near to 50 hours, I began to feel sluggish when I moved, and also began to black out for a few seconds at a time. At roughly 80 hours, the need to sleep was like a constant ache, and I couldn't really think. After that I felt less of a need to sleep, but the blackouts were more frequent, even if I was doing something (as opposed to just sitting). I also started to hallucinate - I was hearing and seeing things. At around 120 hours, I began to black out more frequently, but for shorter times - almost like tiny flickers where my brain seemed to switch off and back on again, and even thinking was difficult.

The strange thing was, even at that late stage, I was still partially functional - I was awake during a fire in my hometown, and over those days we managed to keep most of it under control, even with the intense disadvantages that came with the sleep deprivation.

--------------------------------------------------------

29 hours asleep.

This time was unremarkable - I remember nothing, don't even remember a single dream. How boring.
KimberlyGoreHound said:
The longest I've ever slept is about 12 hours, and that's with tons of Haldol, Seroquel, Olanzapine and Zopiclone in me. Longest I've been awake us about 5 days. By that time, my psychosis combined with the sleep-deprived hallucinations made me paranoid that there were gnomes in my shower. Fucking gnomes. In my fucking shower. I had to squat pee over the sink in the kitchen, and could not go in the bathroom for any reason, cos you don't fuck with gnomes. Then I fell asleep and it was nice.
See, this is what I always hear, but I KNOW i was awake for five days straight, and the only effect I noticed was fatigue and short temper. What does that mean?

the longest i've ever slept uninterrupted is 9 hours and some change. the longest with fleeting fits of consciousness was 19 hours

HassEsser

Jul 31, 2009
Wow, I thought 38 hours would be pretty up there.

Guess not

also, 11 hours of sleep, I don't like sleeping; I love LAYING DOWN and doing nothing, but sleep irks me.

scornedbythenine

Nov 26, 2009
13 hrs. sleep , 35 days awake....

I have partial insomnia though so i guess i don't count.
I bled from my eyes during that time awake.

JackWestJr

Apr 9, 2011
Nothing special. How/why do some of you people posting stay awake for almost a week!? Its pretty damaging for your health I have heard, and it will kill you if you stay awake for over a week............. Imma give it a go.

Hwoof

Jul 11, 2010
The more important question is why the hell were people awake for so long?

Hwoof

Jul 11, 2010
The more important question is, why the heck were people awake for so long?

jyork89

Jun 29, 2010
JackWestJr said:
Nothing special. How/why do some of you people posting stay awake for almost a week!? Its pretty damaging for your health I have heard, and it will kill you if you stay awake for over a week............. Imma give it a go.
I think it's kinda like trying to kill yourself by holding your breath. Eventually you will pass out and start breathing. Likewise, unless drugged or suffering a condition you will eventually pass out and sleep. In fact after about 20 hours awake you begin having microsleep's which are completely unnoticeable and last about 30 to 60 seconds. During this time you effectively black out without realizing it, which is exactly why they say not to drive while tired.

Bobbity

Mar 17, 2010
Somewhere over forty hours? Overseas with some friends, spent the whole day sightseeing, the whole night fucking around, and then sightseeing again the next day. Nearly killed me. :p

Don't think I've ever slept more than fourteen hours though, and that would be pushing it.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
68 hours for me being awake.
I even posted about it here when it happened.

I had some horrible insomnia and, for whatever reason, couldn't sleep for the life of me.
I tried going to bed but it didn't work and I only ended up getting frustrated.
My mental state began to go after the pain set in around the 30 hour mark.
I may like to stay up very late and am generally a night owl by nature but I can't go long without getting really achy without sleep. Not sure why.
By the end of it, I had given up and was just hoping to either fall asleep or die.

At 68 hours and roughly 20 minutes, I passed out while making a sandwich.

Woke up on the kitchen floor with a giant bruise on my forehead about 10 hours later.
Then went to bed and slept for, what is conveniently my longest sleep, 18 hours.
28 hours total in bed.
Never felt better after that. :3

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
went to bed once at 2Am woke up at 330 PM

Stayed up for the longest time was over 24 hours. Fun times. Fun times.

Shortest amount of sleep I have gotten. Went to bed at 3AM woken up at 530AM because i had to go get my dad and grandpa when my grandpas car broke down when they went fishing.

Gutkrusha

Nov 19, 2009
The longest i've ever slept was around 19 hours. I couldn't move my body for about 10-15 minutes after I woke up. I kind of freaked out.

SkullKing84

Feb 10, 2011
Longest I've slept... 26 hours.
Longest I've stayed up 72 hours before taking a 10min power nap and stayed up for another 24 hours.

-Edit- 3 days on sugar, energy drinks and coffee... started to see things. And, it was a group of us. Miss the old days of Epic DnD (and/or Vampire the Masquerade).

Average i sleep, normally is 3-4 hours a night.

jamart

Feb 16, 2011
I've slept for about 24 hours straight.

Right now I've been awake for about three days, the longest I've gone sleep deprived was last year.

5 days, and I think I had 2 hours sleep over that spread. I was actually hallucinating. One of my housemates had gone home for christmas and took the big TV in our living room home with him, as such, no TV.

I was sat down, looking at the point where the TV was laughing my ass off because I thought one of my favourite programs was on...