The M&Ms have been disbanded

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
We're not a very serious species, are we?
Not since humanity started putting on airs and walking around on two limbs like four wasn't perfectly good.

I vote crabs. The crab-like morphology evolved at least five times independently. That tells me nature is trying to send us a message.
We've already had more than our fair share of cancerous people.

I want to scream at them for not aiming down sights but THEIR RIFLES DON'T HAVE ANY raaaaaaagh.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I want to scream at them for not aiming down sights but THEIR RIFLES DON'T HAVE ANY raaaaaaagh.
There are so many things in that movie that make me want to cry, both as a military and a space travel nerd. I will spare you guys the pedantic nitpicking, partially since I still have shit to do today.

Last edited:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Easy. You argue against it by pointing out that they already tried that in England. Case in point: Boris Johnson.

What? That's not Boris?

Now you're going to tell me the first picture is not actually Ellen Degeneres but actually a llama dressed up as Ellen

Reactions: Dalisclock

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
As a Briton, let me get this straight. A lot of conservative Americans do not want children exposed to sexualisation, so Mars gets complaints about the sexualisation of their cartoon mascots of sweets. Fair enough. So Mars tones it down and conservative pundits complain the sexualisation has been toned down. Presumably, there was enough actual conservative backlash that Mars marketing department are in damage control mode.

So, a large section of the US populace can be made outraged in violation of their own beliefs. I say the US has to give up on democracy and become a technocracy.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
So, a large section of the US populace can be made outraged in violation of their own beliefs.
Well, yes, this is not a new thing. Nor confined to the US, but they are more outrageable and powerful in their outrage than most.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
At last! My 'definitely not suspicious' collection of pro-crab invasion propaganda has a chance of acceptance here!
I saw a stand-up show by Robin Ince several years ago which had a routine based on these books. He particularly mocked the conservative morality in the books which would discuss the moral failings of the victims just before the crabs attacked and ate them.

As a Briton, let me get this straight. A lot of conservative Americans do not want children exposed to sexualisation, so Mars gets complaints about the sexualisation of their cartoon mascots of sweets. Fair enough. So Mars tones it down and conservative pundits complain the sexualisation has been toned down. Presumably, there was enough actual conservative backlash that Mars marketing department are in damage control mode.

So, a large section of the US populace can be made outraged in violation of their own beliefs. I say the US has to give up on democracy and become a technocracy.
Sort of.

The basic problem is that M&M advertising was what social conservatives deemed as "woke", so they set about attacking it. They don't need to be logically consistent or even make a lot of sense, they just need to throw enough faeces until it causes Mars to decide it's more trouble than it's worth.

The simplest answer, although not necessarily easy in the USA, is to eat Smarties instead. I think they've got better chocolate than M&Ms, too.

XsjadoBlaydette

Piss-Drinking Nazi Wine-Mums
May 26, 2022
Country
Wales
I saw a stand-up show by Robin Ince several years ago which had a routine based on these books. He particularly mocked the conservative morality in the books which would discuss the moral failings of the victims just before the crabs attacked and ate them.
Robin Ince seems like such a gentle fellow from what I've seen of him, mostly from Infinite Monkey Cage, though haven't seen any of his stand up before, is it any good? Glad to hear we have a kinship in crab invasion propaganda though.

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Robin Ince seems like such a gentle fellow from what I've seen of him, mostly from Infinite Monkey Cage, though haven't seen any of his stand up before, is it any good? Glad to hear we have a kinship in crab invasion propaganda though.
I thought it was a good set, yeah, one of the better I've seen. I'm not sure he does stand-up any more, though.

Reactions: XsjadoBlaydette