The M&Ms have been disbanded

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
The simplest answer, although not necessarily easy in the USA, is to eat Smarties instead. I think they've got better chocolate than M&Ms, too.
Because the United States is shockingly uncivilized, Smarties are a tangy chalk candy
CAB06504-FF40-4940-94E8-A3C3AEB745C8.jpeg

Reactions: BrawlMan

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Those are called 'shitty Refreshers' in the UK. Proper Refreshers are okay though. Man, I should eat more sweets.
What's your opinion on parma violets, out of interest?

I love 'em but hardly anyone else seems to.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
What's your opinion on parma violets, out of interest?

I love 'em but hardly anyone else seems to.
I would rather die.

Edit: I consider eating parma violets as akin to licking the floor of the perfume section in John Lewis. Just licking up the most cloying, weirdly flowery scents with an underlying taste of poison. Like ordering yourself a massive bouquet from Interflora and chowing down on it in front of the delivery guy.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Since Tucker Carlson has been talking publicly about their appearance, could this just be a publicity stunt? I.e. they could go "following public demand, the M&Ms have been been restored" in a couple months and gain some free publicity that way?

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Because the United States is shockingly uncivilized, Smarties are a tangy chalk candy
:eek:

They have those in the UK, but I can't remember what they're called (Swizzels - or is that the manufacturer?) There's also a very similar type of small, chalky sweets except with a weird and vile flavour called "Parma Violets".

Here, let me restore my equilibrium...
1674596886285.png

Ah, much better.

Reactions: BrawlMan

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
There's also a very similar type of small, chalky sweets except with a weird and vile flavour called "Parma Violets".
šŸ˜”

I like Parma violets. I tend to like all "floral" flavoured stuff-- rose, violet, lavender. Lavender ice cream is brilliant.

Reactions: Ag3ma

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
šŸ˜”

I like Parma violets. I tend to like all "floral" flavoured stuff-- rose, violet, lavender. Lavender ice cream is brilliant.
I don't know what's going on here but I don't approve

Flowers and ice cream shouldn't mix

(This is me being sarcastic. Not the flowers in ice cream things. That sounds awful like the green tea ice cream I tried once and almost vomited.

You can like your flowers in ice cream. Approval not needed. It's meant to be a joke. Hope I didn't yuk your yum for jokes.)

Reactions: Silvanus

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
šŸ˜”

There are plenty of tasty "floral" flavour things... it's just that Parma Violets are not one of them.

That said, they're still sold, so clearly there are enough people buying them.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
As a Briton, let me get this straight. A lot of conservative Americans do not want children exposed to sexualisation, so Mars gets complaints about the sexualisation of their cartoon mascots of sweets. Fair enough. So Mars tones it down and conservative pundits complain the sexualisation has been toned down. Presumably, there was enough actual conservative backlash that Mars marketing department are in damage control mode.

So, a large section of the US populace can be made outraged in violation of their own beliefs. I say the US has to give up on democracy and become a technocracy.
We just have a lot of really stupid, really loud people. To make it worse, the really loud, really stupid people get angry about different things so no matter what you do some section of the really loud, really stupid types are gonna be venting their anger at you because what else are they gonna do? Try to fix things that matter?

Also, as an American, I apologize that you have to hear about our really loud, really stupid types. It's bad enough we have to hear their incessant whining but the internet means EVERYONE can be subjected to it, whether they want to or not.

You know, I'm starting to thing this whole coming out of the trees thing may have been a mistake.

We all knew it was marketing ploy, and Tucker Carlson will continue to simp and complain about Green. Not bothering to look at the rule34. Suck it, ya biatch.
Tucker can't hear you. He's busy drilling a very specifically sized hole in a giant pizza sized M&M, for....."RESEARCH PURPOSES".

Reactions: Ag3ma and BrawlMan