The March Mayhem 2012 thread! Who did YOU vote for?

dills2

Aug 18, 2010
valve won against re:logic i feel sorry for them re:logic dosent stand a chance as not too much people play terraria compared to big developers

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Valve :D

I just voted for the ones I've enjoyed playing the most, and I ended up with Bioware, Valve, DICE, and the Creative Assembly in an epic battle to death. Valve won.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
pearcinator said:
Anyone remind me if Bioware has ever won this? They always seem to get to the finals and get beaten by the underdog/new kid on the block.
Nope.

(Year Winner Runner-up)
2011 - Mojang AB - BioWare
2010 - Valve - BioWare
2009 - Turbine - BioWare
2008 - Turbine - Harmonix

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Bioware shouldnt reall win. They havent even released me3 yet. Bethesda/obsidian in my eyes are much better contenders.

pearcinator

Apr 8, 2009
ResonanceSD said:
Bioware shouldnt reall win. They havent even released me3 yet. Bethesda/obsidian in my eyes are much better contenders.
but when voting starts...Mass Effect 3 WILL be out. If it is awesome Bioware should win...if it (somehow) turns out to be disappointing then I doubt they would get to the finals.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
I ended up with Bethesda vs Bioware. Bethesda won. Just below them were Valve(lost to Bethessda) and Nintendo(lost to Bioware).

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
pearcinator said:
ResonanceSD said:
but when voting starts...Mass Effect 3 WILL be out. If it is awesome Bioware should win...if it (somehow) turns out to be disappointing then I doubt they would get to the finals.
Somehow? Look at what they did to draon age. Wih ea driving, they make bad decisions evety day.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
ResonanceSD said:
pearcinator said:
ResonanceSD said:
Somehow? Look at what they did to draon age. Wih ea driving, they make bad decisions evety day.
Thing is, enough people on here liked Dragon Age 2 to put it at number 12 on the "12 games of 2011" list.

Wraithsight

[PREFSTRING:insanity]
Jul 6, 2008
I want either Atlus or Re-Logic to win so badly... however I reckon that it will come down to Bethesda, the blokes who make CoD (ugh) Bioware and Valve.

Pat8u

Apr 7, 2011
my round five is bioware vs id Software Its Now mojang Me thinks an army will arrive which means trouble for bioware and bethesda
Valve vs Bethesda
Might change it a bit though

and bethesda wins over biowareMojang in the finals

I personally think that bethesda and bioware should be in the finals but mojang will send an army to defeat them

and this is not for who you want its for whats the most likely outcome
luckliy I think mojang will be no match for skyrim

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
It was a choice between Double Fine, Relic, Rocksteady and CDproject for me.

I respect CDPR for their anti-DRM stance and patch support and TW2 is a good game, but all considered they only got one average and one good game under their belt sofar. They are promising though.
Rocksteady are simply fantastic for mere newcomers. Both Batman titles are good and very polished games, but it's hard to predict how they'll do next. Also promising.
Double Fine are of Psychonauts fame, but Costume Quest was only a small diversion. High hopes for their adventure project, so I strongly considered them.

Ditched Valve for this round, because all they entered was P2 april last year and there's nothing to look forward to this year.
Ended up with RELIC, because I like their Warhammer games. Space Marine was average, but Relic haven't produced any real turds yet. Polished games, support is okay, loyal to their old (PC)fanbase. Only publisher/DRM is an ugly spot(GFWL+steam), but that goes for alot of developers these days and is due to the publishers.

The rest of the contenders either got too many turds to their name or just too little to show for yet.

JokerboyJordan

Sep 6, 2009
Tartarga said:
I have Bioware going to win the entire thing, beating out Bethesda in the final round. I'm wondereing if I should switch that around though, curse my indecisive nature.
Exactly the same case with me :-/
Another thing I'm unsure of is the point at which Zynga will be beaten

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
My votes are based on how much I love the games these developers made, which is why Ubisoft got pretty far and why Valve was beaten by Konami. I couldn't care less about their popularity and how much they're loved or hated because of their business practices. In the end it's about games IMO. And even though I'm a PC gamer, I still love MGS more than any game Valve made. It sounds blasphemous, right?
Also Bioware vs Bethesda in the finale, Bethesda wins.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Onre thing is for sure, bethesda seem like a dead cert. To win =D

tokae

Mar 21, 2011
Now I remember what I did when I got home from the pub...
My bracket looks really messed up..
But anyways, I've got Bioware vs. Valve in the finals, with Valve winning.
Don't think that's going to happen, but hell.. It might..

Spitfire

Dec 27, 2008
I ended up with a showdown between Valve and Bioware.

Valve have done some good work with the TF2 updates, but in terms of games released, I thought that Portal 2 was a disappointment, and DoTA 2 has probably the worst community of any game I've ever played, on top of being a generic and unnecessary sequel to a game that has been reimagined too many times already.

Bioware, on the other hand, released The Old Republic, which was a solid MMO, and Mass Effect 3 is also looking very promising.

Bioware won.

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
I have UTV Ignition Entertainment coming out on top. El Shaddai (also, Deadly Premonition) was amazing and everyone seems to forget that studio even exists.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
I'm not going to bother this year. March mayhem is such a farce. Zynga will probably win.
If I were to do it though, From software would annihilate everyone. Demon's/Dark souls, and Chromehounds, which other than it's horrible server issues, was an AMAZING game. I am a sucker for mech combat though.

TornadoFive

Mar 9, 2011
Bethesda beating Bioware in the final round. I think Skyrim's till too fresh in everyone's minds. But you never know. Last year had some incredibly unexpected results, be interesting to see what happens.