The Maw Dev Announces 'Splosion Man

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
The Maw Dev Announces 'Splosion Man

In Twisted Pixel's new game, 'Splosion Man, you 'splode things. When they 'splode, they turn into steaks.

Twisted Pixel is all about simple concepts embodied by simple characters. In their last game, The Maw, the titular character had a big mouth, and it ate things. In their newest title, 'Splosion Man, there's a man made of pure explosive energy, and he explodes things.

I mean, they could have made a game about sad dudes who just broke up with their girlfriends traveling back in time only to find themselves in a failed utopia founded on the principles of some nutjob 20th century philosopher, but no. "Screw that," Twisted Pixel said. "Let's just make a game where stuff blows up." Sounds good to me.

'Splosion Man, who was created from "plasma and flame in an underground military lab," doesn't just deal in your everyday Michael Bay explosion, though. He can explode at will, sending himself rocketing across the game's 2D levels, and whenever he touches anything, it 'splodes. When he catches one of the scientists trying to stop him, though, that's when things get delicious. "Any scientist he catches is 'sploded into chunks of ham and ribeyes, the smell of their destruction terrifying, but also a little succulent," Twisted Pixel said.

'Splosion Man will also feature four-player co-op that comes in online and local varieties, as well as online leaderboards. Twisted Pixel says that it will be released on Xbox Live Arcade "shortly before the world is incinerated."

GyroCaptain

Jan 7, 2008
A friend of mine has The Maw. You basically control the large-jawed monster on a leash and feed it to make it grow; it's hilarious.

oliveira8

Feb 2, 2009
The Maw was abit repetitive after awile..but very fun to play. Hope this one is equally fun.

And Braid is overated!!! There I said it!

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
Best. Game. Ever.

That is too hilarious - the people explode into delicious BBQ? Seriously? Have these people been watching my dreams???

3rd rung

Feb 20, 2009
'splosion man seems like gambit on crack to me but i would play it if it was free don't think I would pay money for it

Beefcakes

Pants Lord of Vodka
Aug 11, 2008
Developers: 'What do people like, what do we think will sell...'
Cleaner: 'I like explosions!'
Developers: 'Brilliant! What else do you like?'
Cleaner: 'Err, Steak?'
Developers: 'We have ourselves a winner on our hands boys...'

Seriously, I think I have to get this, it sounds like the type of pure fun and mayhem that I enjoy! And besides, 'splosions! How can you beat that?

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
And this is announced on the same day as Explodemon [http://wiiware.nintendolife.com/news/2009/04/explodemon_coming_to_wiiware]? Funny coincidence.

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
Hahahahaha, sold. I'm always in the market for daft games, there's too much serious out there. Which reminds me, I need to get the full version of The Maw, didn't have the points for it at the time.

Angron

Jul 15, 2008
hmm, this looks interesting, and insanely fun.

gonna have to pick this up if it turns out to be any good.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
"'Splosion Man will also feature four-player co-op that comes in online and local varieties, as well as online leaderboards. Twisted Pixel says that it will be released on Xbox Live Arcade "shortly before the world is incinerated.""

I want this game soooo badly...