The moment your childhood died

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
We all have that moment in our life when we lose some of our innocence, and the world becomes a much darker place. What was yours?

I have several, but my favorite was in Kindergarten when we were told to draw what we wanted to be when we grew up. All the other kids drew wholesome things like bakers, and firefighters.
I drew a giant robot destroying a city.
My teacher told me I would never be a giant robot.
Suddenly all the magic and wonder in the world was gone.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Probably when my mother started the 8 year sequence of telling me how much of a gigantic failure I am going to be and why I am a waste of space.
Fun times, indeed.

Dec 14, 2009
I'm as whimsical as they come, I'd need something really dark to happen to me personally to kill my innocence.

aPod

Jan 14, 2010
Probably when my parents were getting divorced and I ended up taking care of my brother.

I swear, having your brother call you Dad can be strange to say the least.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Probably the first time I saw the corpse of a person I had met... I think I was eight. That was also the moment I realized what had happened to my grandfather when I was five.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
My parents got divorced because my dad got sent to prison. Fun times.

bradtyhk

Nov 23, 2010
Souplex said:
I have several, but my favorite was in Kindergarten when we were told to draw what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a giant robot destroying a city.
But I still have a chance of becoming one.... right?
I think it was either just now, or the first time "popups" caught me on the internet, when I was 11.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Souplex said:
We all have that moment in our life when we lose some of our innocence, and the world becomes a much darker place. What was yours?

I have several, but my favorite was in Kindergarten when we were told to draw what we wanted to be when we grew up. I drew a giant robot destroying a city.
Buzzkill.

OT: Probably when I started masturbating...

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Souplex said:
XD That made me laugh so hard I nearly cried. Im sorry, thats just really funny.

OT: oka, calming down now. hm... I would say... when my friend Tom Had both his legs cut off by a train.

NeonOranges

Jan 16, 2011
That's a tough one, I was a pretty cynical and bitter child, but I think it was when my mom told my that my father (whom I'd never met), loved his 'real family' more than us... good times, good times.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Technically... nothing. Still have it. I have the Child at Heart perk and always will. Screw your rules. :p

Though, if I had to pick one, or something fucked up, it would have to be receiving death threats from random people(mostly adults) that they'll kill me or that I should kill myself because I am trash and a coward and I'm a threat and a ticking time bomb and ect.

Humans are an evil race of creatures. They cherish child innocence but would actually be willing to kill someone who still has it.

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
Souplex said:
You should have flipped your teacher the bird and told her to fuck off while imitating a giant robot.

We have the technology to turn you into a giant robutt. AND WE SHALL.

OT: NEVER.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
That would be when my dad told me he was leaving home, on Christmas Eve. Not the worse I've read around here, but it's pretty messed up anyway.

Also, he left to hump his secretary, so no soul-searching for him...

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
Probably when my first dog died, the dog who had saved my life, followed by several deaths of family members and close friends friends.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
I dont think I had a childhood or can remeber it. I got bullied allot making me pretty mad or depressed at the world (to a point where my grandmother called me "bittered") and school took 80-90% of my time (due to the long trip going there its two towns over and in the morning the roads are pretty crowded). It could also be when I started hating kids. Or when I started to realize that in a few years I would live on my own and dont have a school anymore (if you are in high school and you think about it could be a pretty scary thought)
TL:DR I didnt really had a childhood

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
I think when I learned that for everything I really wanted and was passionate about as a child you needed an education I could never do for all kinds of reasons. Been living aimless ever since.
LegendaryGamer0 said:
Technically... nothing. Still have it. I have the Child at Heart perk and always will. Screw your rules. :p

Though, if I had to pick one, or something fucked up, it would have to be receiving death threats from random people(mostly adults) that they'll kill me or that I should kill myself because I am trash and a coward and I'm a threat and a ticking time bomb and ect.

Humans are an evil race of creatures. They cherish child innocence but would actually be willing to kill someone who still has it.
They're just being protective. Of course what they're doing is extreme, but with all the absolutely horrible crimes commited because, well, because of what you are, it's pretty understandable. Understandable, but of course still awful to do. As long as you haven't done anything wrong they shouldn't judge you. It's not like you can help it either hm?

Leg End

Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
TheYellowCellPhone said:
Two (or three?) words:

Rule 34.
Two words, four syllables.

But, yeah, that didn't happen to me.