The most disturbing fan fiction you have ever read.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I mostly read the funny fanfics like those Animal Crossing ones or the Stephen Colbert/Harry Potter crossover, but I did read a bit of My Immortal. I also just read Cupcakes from this site. I thought it was funny, but that's probably because I'm not into the fandom.

So, ya, I'd say my most disturbing is... Negatokyo (if that counts). Funny, but still kinda upsetting.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
I was on a long car trip, and had for whatever reason loaded the entirety of "My Immortal" on my iPod. Suffice to say time passed rather quickly.

That was (un)intentionally hilarious, but not actually the most disturbing thing I've read. I couldn't actually say what that would be, as the guys over at Topless Robot [www.toplessrobot.com] regularly collect the most depraved fanfic on the internet and comment on it. The commentary is funny as all hell but the fanfiction itself is usually enough to make me feel sick to my stomach. It's really hard to objectively gauge which was most horrible; let's just say most of the authors could do with a lobotomy.

I suppose I bring it upon myself though; I only read fanfic out of morbid curiosity. I don't think I've ever read one because I was genuinely interested in someone's interpretation of a preexisting universe.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
I rarely read fanfiction, and when I do I can easily tell within the first chapter whether or not I'll want to keep reading (90% of the time, it's a no) As such, I haven't read any that have disturbed me.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
saintdane05 said:
Title seems self explanatory. WHat is the most disturbing fan fiction you have ever read?

For me, its the MLP fanfic "Cupcakes" its about...
You did spoiler's wrong, my boy.

This is the result you want:

Pinkie Pie brutally murdering Rainbow dash, and making her into a cupcake, Sweeney Todd style.

Quote me to see how it's done.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Mine is also Cupcakes.
Not so much for the story itself, but for the fanart it's provided.
Dear god, a lot of people are twisted!

Zedar0

Should probably make use of this
Aug 12, 2009
Donkey Kong and the Quest for the Vagina Tree.

Hear it read here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7FDkz_oK-U

I really don't have any words for this one.

booker

Feb 25, 2011
lacktheknack said:
Are you guys kidding? "My Immortal" is majestic in its flawless, inimitable troll. I adore it.

I'm going with Cupcakes, seeing how My Immortal and Cupcakes are the only two fanfics I've really read.

Actually, I've listened to a computer read a fanfic that my friend wrote about Regina Spektor and Charles Mingus... But it was trying to out-"My Immortal" "My Immortal", so it wasn't really disturbing.
So would you recommend more incest or less?

draconiansundae

Sep 14, 2010
I recall once stumbling across a Final Fantasy VII fanfic in which the main pairing was Tifa... and Red XIII. I've kept that fandom at arm's length since then...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
booker said:
lacktheknack said:
Are you guys kidding? "My Immortal" is majestic in its flawless, inimitable troll. I adore it.

I'm going with Cupcakes, seeing how My Immortal and Cupcakes are the only two fanfics I've really read.

Actually, I've listened to a computer read a fanfic that my friend wrote about Regina Spektor and Charles Mingus... But it was trying to out-"My Immortal" "My Immortal", so it wasn't really disturbing.
Less. Much less.

Scarecrow

Jun 27, 2010
Melon Hunter said:
Scarecrow 8 said:
I don't know why people hate cupcakes so much. I thought it was a pretty funny fan fiction, and much better written then most. The sequel, at least one of them, is even better!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/167ST-8XF3m9Ycswv_olcQAhF9jenQoNqOf4726-nSgY/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

OT: I don't read a lot of fan fiction, so I haven't really found one I could say I hated. I did read a Mass Effect one that just made me roll my eyes and scratch me head, but I can't remember the name or story. Sorry guys.
...damn, son. I know Cupcakes had its own little following with the alternate endings and such, but I didn't know someone had taken it upon themselves to write a full blown sequel! Stay classy, huh?

OT: I guess I'm going to have to follow the crowd and say Cupcakes, or perhaps that fic that's linked in the post I'm quoting. There are some other fanfics I've heard of that are even more notorious, like Sweet Apple Massacre and Agony In Pink, but I haven't read them and don't really intend to.
There are quite a few different sequels, this one being the best of them. I can understand why people don't like them, but I can't get enough of them.

Sehnsucht Engel

Apr 18, 2009
I've read some. I don't usually read fanfiction. I also love cupcakes, since I wouldn't be a brony if I hadn't read it. I watched the show after I read it.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
I've got a friend who runs a Twitter account called @Fanfictionwoes and she tweets excerpts from the most appalling fanfics she reads. You guys should send her links to the worst of the worst and bug her to post more, they're hilarious.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
FirstToStrike said:
<youtube=Lka1wawhkFc>

The fact that it says "Typical" says something about Rarity and her....."fanbase".
\
...My god...

That's... uggh. I think I'm done with Pony fan-fiction for a while.

booker

Feb 25, 2011
lacktheknack said:
booker said:
lacktheknack said:

Less. Much less.
But imagine how cute it would be if you were reunited with Laverne from Day of the Tentacle after being her son who got into prison... or something. And then you'd do incest with her!

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Cupcakes didn't really bother me for some reason. I think because I was expecting it to be horrific, and my mind just keeps it locked in a different section from the rest of FiM.

My Immortal, on the other hand, troubles me deeply because I honestly can't tell if it's intentionally bad or not. I think of myself as a pretty smart guy, particularly where writing is concerned, and not being able to discern the intent behind this piece shakes up that belief. Is it actually a satire of such subtlety and brilliance that it eludes me?
If that's true, then I'm forced to reevaluate myself, which is always painful.
But if it isn't true, and it really is the incredibly awful piece that it is purported to be, then my expectations of human taste and ability must drop another precious notch, as clearly the lower limit is even lower than I had previously suspected.

iLazy

Aug 6, 2011
Many years ago when I... enjoyed Twilight, I found a fanfic that basically replaced Bella with an OC and then added a bunch of swears and sexual themes.

I now stay the hell away from Quizilla, aka the 4chan of writing sites.

Lord RPGs

Jan 31, 2009
The things I've read... You people wouldn't belive. Some are disturbing, others, just messed up and hilarious. In a brief recap of the more absurd or depraved, Goku going back in time to rescue Anne Frank, ending with a Super Saiyan battle between Goku and Hitler. Discovering how Dry Bones are made. 57 Chapters of the Deff Leppard bassist meeting a vampire and becoming a vampire himself. Anything by ComicsNix. The Other Story, which I'd probably get banned for giving the real title of it. The stories in which Garfield is basically a small, ginger, cat-shaped Chuck Norris being added onto absolutely any story. Actually, those last ones are hilarious.

But no. The things I've read, people. Quite frankly, they put My Immortal and Cupcakes to shame.

bluecrimson

No soffidx.
Sep 8, 2010
Lord RPGs said:
The things I've read... You people wouldn't belive. Some are disturbing, others, just messed up and hilarious. In a brief recap of the more absurd or depraved, Goku going back in time to rescue Anne Frank, ending with a Super Saiyan battle between Goku and Hitler. Discovering how Dry Bones are made. 57 Chapters of the Deff Leppard bassist meeting a vampire and becoming a vampire himself. Anything by ComicsNix. The Other Story, which I'd probably get banned for giving the real title of it. The stories in which Garfield is basically a small, ginger, cat-shaped Chuck Norris being added onto absolutely any story. Actually, those last ones are hilarious.

But no. The things I've read, people. Quite frankly, they put My Immortal and Cupcakes to shame.
That's an odd mix of bizarre and awesome for the first story.

Grunt_Man11

Mar 15, 2011
Go to Fanfiction.net and look through the summaries of the Sonic the Hedgehog section. Just the summaries.

It's like a laundry list of suck.

Also, a find one thing to be a major red flag. It the following statement is in a summary, "I suck at summaries," then avoid.