The most disturbing thing you've seen in gaming.

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
Title says it all. What moment in gaming had a disturbing impact on you. It doesn't need to be a horror game or even a bloody one. Mine would have to be in Persona 3 where the teens "shoot" themselves with a Envoker, which is basically a gun. I don't know, something about teenagers shooting themselves to summon their Persona is rather creepy to me.

Can't wait to hear what you guys come up with.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
Well, I haven't played it, but I've seen the footage of the women in DNF in pain, before being shot. That one is fresh in my mind.

EDIT: Oh, and that one part at the end of Fable 2. With all the dead bodies and that music box.

Admiral Crunch

Nov 25, 2010
The part in Silent Hill 2 when you see Pyramid Head raping two manniquins.

Maybe I was just suprised by it, but it made me fucking sick.

Mallefunction

Feb 17, 2011
Honestly, the scene in the original God of War where you have to zap the poor guy on the other end of the bridge leading to the Oracle. I guess it's because I'm not one of those people who enjoys being a dick in games JUST to be a dick, but killing all these innocents to get through the game honestly shocked me.

That scene was especially bad because I felt so bad for the guy. If that was an IRL situation, I'd be just like him, cowering and unwilling to let those monsters get anywhere near me.

That....and then the scene in Silent Hill 2 where Pyramid Head just STARES at you on the other side of the grate. He doesn't do or say anything and then in the next scene he's gone. Honestly, that creeped me out more than anything else in that game.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Condemned 2 had some creeeeepy images. Then there's also Dragon Age's Brood Mother and God of War's seamstress...thing.
CM156 said:
Well, I haven't played it, but I've seen the footage of the women in DNF in pain, before being shot. That one is fresh in my mind.
As far as I know, they're just getting teleported.

Yassen

Apr 5, 2008

"What's this Goddess? An intruder? He is ugly. Ugly! UGGLLLLYYYYYYY!"

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
When you hear how Brood Mothers are made. Shit is fucked up.

EDIT: Also, it's not in gaming, but never Google "shit is fucked up". Even on moderate safe search.

Nicolairigel

May 6, 2011
The part in Silent Hill two where the 6 corpses are hanging from the ceiling and you had to decide which one is innocent by that creepy murder children's poem on the wall behind it. Then again, pretty much every moment from Silent Hill 2. And that one part in bioshock when you meet the doctor who is obsessed with symmetry and start stabbing the corpse.

Laser Priest

A Magpie Among Crows
Mar 24, 2011
Yassen said:

I'm going to have to agree with this one. The first enemy in a game to genuinely creep me the fuck out.

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Mine would have to be the opening scene of Persona 3. More specifically...
When Takeba is crying and visably upset and puts the evoker gun to her head. I had no idea what it was when I first started the game and I was pretty shaken by it.

Man I really need to finish that game.

Bezz_Ad

Apr 4, 2011
Recently, DNF, where you can put a rat in a microwave and it just explodes.
That freaked me out more than SH2.

Jonny1188

Oct 8, 2010
Being raped by Alma at the end of the game. Just... why?

I still get a headache thinking about how someone thought that would be a good conclusion to that game, and it tops the creepy things I've seen in Silent Hill. Yes, even two headed baby things and mannequin abuse.

Aug 21, 2010
Necromancer Jim said:
Yassen said:

I'm going to have to agree with this one. The first enemy in a game to genuinely creep me the fuck out.
Quite a disturbed character, yes, but played for laughs. Or at least I laughed, when he said "this one: too fat, this one: too tall, this one: too symmetrical!"

I have to say, in terms of first time impact, this:

NellNell

Feb 11, 2011
Creator002 said:
RapeLay.

Just RapeLay. Urgh. If you know about it, you know what it is.
Ok, I didn't know what this was and I Googled it. This is fucking sick. This game is the reason the whole industry is persecuted like it is. I'm really glad it only in Japan because Fox News would have a field day with this.

Tuesday Night Fever

Jun 7, 2011
That part in Condemned: Criminal Origins with the abandoned shopping center and the mannequins that multiply in number and seem to slowly stalk you. The atmosphere and sounds just made it that much more freakin' creepy. /shiver

Edit: