The most disturbing thing you've seen in gaming.

furmaster3000

Apr 5, 2009
suprised no one mentioned COD:MW 2 terrorist attack on a public airfield.
I bought the game on release day, so I hadn't heard about the level in the media. Kinda took me off my feet, felt really brutal the first time.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
Cutting off Ethan's finger with the saw or scissors in Heavy Rain.

The others look painful as hell but the saw and scissors are the worst.

Javarock

Feb 11, 2011
bussinrounds said:
Manhunt 2 Uncut - AO version

It's not letting me sign in to you tube for some reason, so i can't post pt2 up.
Fixed it for you

OT: I never really have had a scary moment in gameing, Then again I tend not to play scary games. However if I were to say the "Scareist" I would say in daggerfall with the skeletons they scared the shit out of me.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Silent Hill 2 and LIMBO were just disturbing in general. However, SH2 was more "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING WHAT IS IT DOING!?" where LIMBO is more along the lines of using the corpses of freshly drowned children to cross a river, or the main protagonist (who is also a young child) dying in some horrific, Mortal Kombat-esque gruesome way. Okay, not as bad as Mortal Kombat, but still.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Jonny1188 said:
Being raped by Alma at the end of the game. Just... why?

I still get a headache thinking about how someone thought that would be a good conclusion to that game, and it tops the creepy things I've seen in Silent Hill. Yes, even two headed baby things and mannequin abuse.
Why did someone include that? Here's the thought process of the storywriter in my point of view: "Hmm... a video game about a psychic little girl stalking a man on a mission in the military... now how can I bring tits into this? Hmm..."

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
TriggerHappyAngel said:
The final scene from Condemned: Criminal Origins ... yeah, the one with the mirror.
And then it turns out to be noncannon due to a sequal they never thought they'd make and shouldn't have been made.

In Tales of Symphonia where the possesed kid is giving medicine to her father that is rotting in the bed. Yuck that made me sell the game, never beat it.
If you ever listen to Tech N9nes "In the Trunk" it can disturb you the first time.

EDIT:No one said Homefronts mass grave diving yet?

Andy03

Oct 9, 2010
The scariest thing I've play would probably be "Afraid of Monsters". It's a Half-life 1 mod.

If you haven't tried it and you want your pants soiled, I'd recommend it.

I never finished it myself, to god-damned scared. God, I never noped so hard in my life before.

The Geek Lord

Apr 15, 2009
Being the cold, heartless monstrous bastard excuse for a human being that I am, I can sit through season upon season of Law & Order: SVU without so much as batting an eyebrow, and I've seen so much crap on the internet that I think "What a pussy" every time I see someone talking about how brutal Mortal Kombat is.[footnote]Yeah, long story short I have a friend who lives in Italy--he's a very fucked up individual. One thing I learned very quickly; if someone links you to a site called "Documenting Reality," only click the link if you feel like losing your dinner and a good amount of sleep.[/footnote]

So I hope you understand how much difficulty I'm having coming up with an answer for this question. I was going to say Banballow from ILLBLEED[footnote]Google at your own risk. Or look up "Let's Play ILLBLEED" by supergreatfriend on YouTube. Good tiemz![/footnote], but really the idea of a mentally insane deformed man running around setting people on fire is only going to scare me if it's happening in real life in my neighborhood. And really the only thing scary about him is his face--literally.[footnote]Also outrunning him would be pretty easy.[/footnote]

I could always say something like, "the fact that people actually liked Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy VII-VIII-X-XII-Etc/Dawn of the New World/Halo/Ferngully/whatever," followed by the trollface, but really, I think I've pulled shit like that enough.

So you know what? I'm going to say THE CONDITION OF USED GAME DISCS FFFFFFFFFF God of War II. Not that it, by itself, disturbs me, but when you get down to thinking about it, it's all about some bloke who needs more anger management sessions than Jimmy Hopkins running around committing what is evidently omnicide. "It breathes? I'll cut it into tiny little pieces! It's twenty times my size? No problem, I'll just STAB IT IN THE EYES."

And yet Kratos is meant to be the hero..? Next you'll tell me exploding penguins can star in their own spinoff of some silly grindfest RPG of silliness.

Diablo27

Jul 18, 2010
Gears of War 2. Let's hope I do the spoiler tags right, if not then there be spoilers ahead.

When they find Tai after he was tortured and he blows his brains out as soon as he gets his hand on a gun

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
A tie between the scene in God of War 3 where Kratos pulls that guys head off with his bare hands, and some of the stock footage of World War 2 they played before missions in Call of Duty: World at War.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009

Okay but seriously. Probably those giant ant missions from that one Red Alert expansion. Those things were creepy as all fuck. They also made nasty sounds and were powerful as hell. I don't think I actually finished those missions because I was too creeped out.

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
The Geek Lord said:
So you know what? I'm going to say THE CONDITION OF USED GAME DISCS FFFFFFFFFF God of War II. Not that it, by itself, disturbs me, but when you get down to thinking about it, it's all about some bloke who needs more anger management sessions than Jimmy Hopkins running around committing what is evidently omnicide. "It breathes? I'll cut it into tiny little pieces! It's twenty times my size? No problem, I'll just STAB IT IN THE EYES."

And yet Kratos is meant to be the hero..? Next you'll tell me exploding penguins can star in their own spinoff of some silly grindfest RPG of silliness.
You know, it gets progressively even worse in GoW3 where in he deliberately murders every bystander around the area by causing a massive flood and a violent plague. All of this because he essentially has unresolved daddy-issues. And remember that all of this was his fault: The gods had every right to banish Kratos and he caused the corruption in the first place. To this day I believe Kratos has been the villain of God of War series from the second game onward.

I am also having a hard time to come up with an answer. The only one I can think of is this:
In LA Noire a murderer had quite violently removed a ring from the victim's finger. So violently, in fact, that the skin of that part of the finger had wrinkled to the side and the bone was showing. The thought of that happening simply sent shivers down my spine.