The most disturbing thing you've seen in gaming.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Tuesday Night Fever said:
That part in Condemned: Criminal Origins with the abandoned shopping center and the mannequins that multiply in number and seem to slowly stalk you. The atmosphere and sounds just made it that much more freakin' creepy. /shiver

Edit:

D'awww, I was going to say that.

Well, all of Condemned is creepy and disturbing.

kidd25

Jun 13, 2011
well the tails dolls made me sleep with my bible for about two nights... oh wait i forgot the link. http://www.quackerandbowen.com/sonicr.html (here the challenge start around six or seven and start reading all the collection then go to sleep) :D sweet dreams. this isn't game related but a good horror read would be the holder on dramatica.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Andy03 said:
The scariest thing I've play would probably be "Afraid of Monsters". It's a Half-life 1 mod.
I got sick of that Mod a ways in. Genuinely scary at points to begin with, but then it just got annoying as hell, especially when the zombies went invisible.

Nightmare House 2 (a Mod for HL2) does a much better job, I think, and actually manages a decent version of the mannequin scene from Condemned. Plus there's that hall with the shadows... eugh.

aarontg

Aug 10, 2009
I never thought dead space 2 was exactly scary but the concept of child necromorphs disturbed me from the start but when I want through the pre-school section it was down right depressing. Especially that bit where that delusional woman calls over one of those exploding kids.

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
I'd got a trial of Postal 2, just testing the keys and I was like YAY CAT walk up to it to see what I could do and he picks it up and fits on the end of his gun o_O

SilentCom

Mar 14, 2011
CM156 said:
Well, I haven't played it, but I've seen the footage of the women in DNF in pain, before being shot. That one is fresh in my mind.

EDIT: Oh, and that one part at the end of Fable 2. With all the dead bodies and that music box.
I rather liked the part at the end of Fable 2, I thought it was meant to mimic a sort of subconscious state of regret or loss of innocence. It had an emotional impact on me to say the least.

OT: The new Mortal Combat is kind of disturbing. I mean, I've never seen someone's head come off that way... D=

Edit: Oh yea, there are some disturbing scenes in Metro 2033 and there is that disturbing trailer for one of the STALKER games where it was from the view of an infrared camera on a helicopter as it watches a guy get chased down and torn apart by monsters.

pyrosaw

Mar 18, 2010
GLaDos from Portal. I just felt uncomfortable with her around.

Half Life 2: Ravenholm creeped the hell out of me. Just the atmosphere.

Fort Frolic from Bioshock. I don't know why, I just HATE manniquins. Reason why I won't play Condemned or Silent Hill.

Mar 28, 2011
Silent Hill 4

You're in your apartment during the hauntings and you can hear something faint. You don't know where it's coming from so you search around, holy candle in hand. You eventually narrow it down to the kitchen area, but you can't see anything wrong.
Then you hear the noise again.
It's coming from the fridge.
You nervously open the door and you see...

A Cat.
Still alive.
With no skin.

Dude...

Jubbert

Apr 3, 2010
The ending of Episode 2.

You just get to realize that you're not the only one that knows about the G-Man and maybe there's some kind of hope for you and Eli to break free from him permanently and stop his plotting.

And then that hope is stripped away minutes later.

Credits roll.

Zap Rowsdower

Jun 24, 2010
On Fallout 3, I once entered some random Vault. Halfway through my excursion, the lights turned pink and I saw a whole bunch of doctors walking around. The other half was me running out at top speed.

DrStupid87

Mar 17, 2011
Most disturbing thing I ever saw was that scene out of Homefront. Right near the start where you're riding the bus and see a kids parents try to calm their infant son down before having the shit shot out them. That was the only thing I've seen in years that made my heart sink and that's the only interesting thing about that travesty of a game.

DrStupid87

Mar 17, 2011
Vrex360 said:
I'd mention Rapelay or any number of other games that depict and eroticize violence against women but I think that's been said enough by me at this point, so instead here's this scene from Dead Space 2:

"Come to Mumma!"

*Anyone who's played the game knows what I'm talking about.
First time I saw that, I laughed so hard, then genuinely felt ashamed of myself.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Tuesday Night Fever said:
That part in Condemned: Criminal Origins with the abandoned shopping center and the mannequins that multiply in number and seem to slowly stalk you. The atmosphere and sounds just made it that much more freakin' creepy. /shiver

Edit:

http://arch.413chan.net/THEHORROR-%28n1293483859649%29.png
Those are not mannequins, they are fuckin' Weeping Angels!

OT: Well I bought RDR shortly after release and got a bit surprised by Seth. If you know what I mean...

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
benylor said:
There's a flash game called One Chance. It's one of those games which saves your progress permanently - you can only ever play it once. This game triggered an existential crisis and brought my depression on for around a week. I still get very bad vibes from contemplating it.

I'm not exaggerating, I wish I'd never played it now. I'll link it, as it's what the topic is demanding, but it's up to you to decide whether to play it.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181
That was a really good game, thought wise. My first ending wasn't the greatest, but I was satisfied with how it turned out. I did what I thought was right to do.
I actually found a way to "reset" the game, that I won't share, and tried out a few different paths. None are more heart wrenching the first time however.

DoctorPhil

Apr 25, 2011
One Word: Giygas.

JasonKaotic said:
Giygas from Earthbound is creepy too. Although the whole "LOOK HOW SCARY GIYGAS IS, ARE YOU READY, HERE HE COMES, ARE YOU SCARED NOW, LOOK HOW SCARY HE IS" thing before the fight kind of killed the creepiness. Like, a lot.
You have a point, but when you're 11 years old you're too scared to notice!
By the way, I think they made Pokey say that just to tell you you can't run away from this fight, because IIRC you could run away from bosses.