The most fun PSP games anyone have any suggestions

Ian Howell

Apr 7, 2010
Hi all I have just recently just picked my psp back up after all these years and started playing gitaroo man lives. I found this loads of fun I am just wondering what fun not necessarily the best PSP games you guys have played?

alceste007

Jun 4, 2012
Jeanne d'Arc from Level-5 is one of my favorites along side with Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together. Of course, if you have never played Final Fantasy Tactics: war of the Lion is good as well.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
Prinny: can i really be the hero. That was the most fun i had with my psp.

Also final fantasy dissidia. That game me hours upon hours of enjoyment. Just against the CPU.

go-10

Feb 3, 2010
Megaman X Maverick Hunter
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together
Jeanne d'Arc
Persona 3 Portable
Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions
Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear AC!D 2

Foolery

No.
Jun 5, 2013
Final Fantasy IV The Complete Collection. It's great remake if you're a fan of the original or are playing it for the first. I can only really recommend it to JRPG enthusiasts, though.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
All the games mentioned so far are solid picks, but here are a few more:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Patapon 1-3
Valkyria Chronicles 2

Michael Legault

Feb 27, 2013
I lost over 100 hours to MGS: Peacewalker, also castlevania dracula X chronicles is cool even if just for the fact that symphony of the night is an unlockable. many good jrpgs to be had as many have already suggested also a little big planet game and katamari too.

Slvrwolfen

Sep 10, 2008
What's your definition of 'fun', is what really matters a lot here.

A lot of good ones have already been mentioned, Patapon, the Final Fantasies, LocoRoco, Personas...

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is pretty nice if you're into those kinds of games, the WipeOut series has always had a good reception, Breath of Fire 3 is a thing of legend almost.

Corpse Party's a pretty 'fun' horror title.

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Final fantasy Dissidia, is not only fun but unique and rare enough that its hard to find a similar game anywhere else.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Kingdom of Paradise is a pretty good JRPG. And no - it's not turn-based. It's kind of an action RPG.

It has some of the best music I've heard in a game, great artwork, and fairly detailed world.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I'll second Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, though those games tend to be a lot better when you have people to play with. I think there's a PS3 app that allows for online connectivity... or was that ever released outside of Japan? Hm.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
- Daxter
- Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
- Valkyria Chronicles 2
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions, if you want a challenge.
- The two Dissidia games were fairly decent.
- The two Lumines games were fun puzzle games, if you're into that.
- The Patapon and Loco Roco games are great if you into original gameplay and quirky fun.
- The two God of War games were pretty fun, but made you long for its superior home console counterparts.
- Same goes for Persona 3: Portable Edition and Tekken: Dark Resurrection.

- And all the PSOne classics you can buy from PSN: the Spyro games, the Crash Bandicoot games, various Final Fantasy installments, Rayman 2, Tombi 1 & 2, Vagrant Story, Kula World - even Chrono Cross and Xenogears if you live in the States).

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
Country
United States
two way tie for me:

Growlanser: Wayfarer of time- I adored every detail of this game, and am a long time fan of the series. It had a unique battle system, complex politics for its world, and an awesome cast of characters... I really can't say enough good things about it, and implore anyone who likes RPGs and has a PSP/vita to give it a try.

Valkyria Chronicles II- While it suffered from being moved down to the PSP from the PS3, it kept all of what made the first game great, and had sooooo much game packed into it.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
The ones I've had the most fun with have been mentioned here but whatever:

First, Final Fantasy Dissidia [duodecim] - I've spent hundreds of hours on this and it is without a doubt one of the best fighters I've ever played, let alone on the PSP. It's got a wonderfully smooth combat system, lovely arenas, design and music and loads and loads of replay value.

Next, I'd say Prinny! Can I Really Be The Hero?. It's got a fantastic aesthetic, simple but insanely challenging platforming and a great sense of humour. The main drive is the difficulty - it's a great example of a tough game that's still fair and has a very tight design so you always know why you've gone wrong and ends up being down to your skill.

Finally, I'd say Persona 3: Portable. It's easily the best version of Persona 3 and is one of the best JRPGs out there. Definitely worth a play.

Uriel_Hayabusa

Apr 7, 2014
My top 3:

Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Persona 3 Portable

Auron225

Oct 26, 2009
I'm gonna echo Final Fantasy Dissidia (duodecim). One of the best fighting games I've ever played. If you're a FF fan, it'll likely keep you entertained for hours.

I actually never got that many PSP games to be honest. Crisis Core was a pretty good hack n slash. Just don't bother with the optional side missions found at save points unless you really need to level up. I mean, do a few but stop as soon as you see them becoming repetitive; that won't take long. Still a very good game.

CaptainMidlands

Jul 6, 2010
Z.H.P. Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman was a fun game for me and some of the references in it were pretty cool too

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and Metal Gear Peace Walker/Portable Ops. Amazing games.

Slvrwolfen

Sep 10, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
I'll second Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, though those games tend to be a lot better when you have people to play with. I think there's a PS3 app that allows for online connectivity... or was that ever released outside of Japan? Hm.
It's the Ad-Hoc Party system. Yes, it did get released outside of Japan, but it's *very* empty usually. Most of the time there's only one lobby with a few people in it, and the games may not be what you're after.