The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
There was that one time at that party with the goat..wait oh in a video game.. I dunno.

Icynoodles

May 26, 2010
The first truly evil act i did in Fable 2? Shot my wife in the face. But not with some gun, i specifically bought a clockwork pistol, used it on my wife, shot my daughter about 20 times in the hope that the ***** would burst, and then sold the gun. Everything went downhill after then as i just went on a mass murder spree EVERYWHERE.
Left the council to die in Mass Effect 1
Mass drunken murder sprees in Saints Row 2
Brutal murderings/bodily absorptions, causing the death of others by accusation in Prototype
Taking Adrenaline shots and leaving everyone to die in Left 4 Dead 2
Shooting a guy in the dick and LEAVING HIM TO SUFFER in Bulletstorm (and way too much other stuff to remember)
Making a Brothel instead of a orphanage in Fable 3 (and just about everything i did in fable 2 again)
Punishing souls in Dante's Inferno as it was less time consuming
Hook-shooting soldiers and attaching them to the back of my vehicle in Just Cause 2 so they ragdoll along the asphalt
Nuked Megaton, and then killed everyone in Tenpenny Tower because they were dicks, and countless acts of murder in Fallout 3
Killed cattle after receiving payment for saving them in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood
Eating (Alien) and removing the spines (take a guess) of countless marines in Aliens vs Predator
Killing Ewoks on Endor in Battlefront 2 (who wouldn't?)
Keeping my country a dictatorship in Civilization Revolution
Destroying many vehicles owned by civilians in Crackdown, for shits and giggles (although Crackdown sucked)
Dropkicking every Kefling in the hope they would hit something and break
Killing almost everything and holding a hospital hostage in GTA IV
Killing Enemies I stunned and/or tranquilized in Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3

Yeah i think that just about covers most of it for now

mr.mystery

Mar 24, 2011
im so glad no one has mentioned Mass effect. none of the renegade options are "that" bad. mmm worst thing ive done? I typically murder everyone in every town in red dead redemption. Its really the only way to get one of the achievments anyway.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
I forced Zaalbar to kill Mission. I felt like trash after that. That was the last time I ever did an evil playthrough of a game just to try it. All other subsequent "evil" playthroughs have me making a number of "good" choices when they are too monstrous for me.

Ashendarei

Feb 10, 2009
Definately Fallout 3 evil mode. Helped slavers, slaughtered ghouls (the friendly ones) blew up Megaton and a whole bunch of other shit that was FAR more fun then it had any right to be :D

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
I killed huge sums people for no more justifiable reason than I was bored and could. I did this over and over again, and in the process of each murderous body-strewn rampage I stole cars, caused billions of moneys worth of collateral damage, kidnapped people, aided in the drugs trade, exposed large numbers of innocent people to extremely dangerous conditions, and then some.

And that's not even the worst of it, I once killed the entire population of humanity by having them poo uncontrollably to death, while blind and insane, covered in sores. Technically I didn't do it, a designer strain of bacteria did, which I created.

Then when I'd finished doing all that, I took out some time for myself, sat back in my desk chair, and seized domination of an entire galaxy, committing act after act of genocide against peaceful species, wiping out ecosystem after ecosystem, spearheading a galaxy-wide slavery, drugs, and violence fueled galactic empire, void of freedom, rights, or even death.

Games I referenced:

GTA:SA, Saints Row 2, Pandemic 2, Galactic Civilisations.

Saying that, if there is a properly viable option to play using altruism, kindness, benevolence and justice, I tend to be heavily swayed that way. The first two aren't fun if you don't play a complete dick, and the aim of Pandemic 2 is to exterminate humanity... I've only ever played a really evil civ on GC once.

CM156_v1legacy

Revelation 9:6
Mar 23, 2011
I don?t think anyone else has said it, so my evil playthough of Neverwinter Nights 2, Mask of the Betrayer.
I
-devoured a bear god
-used his corpse to create a undead construct, One of Many
-destroyed Ashenwood
-destroyed the Coven of Dreamers, just because I am a petty, vindictive dick
-devoured Myrkul
-devoured the Faceless man
-kill most of Rashamen
-become powerful enough to force the gods themselves to fight me.
(And by devour, I mean consume their spirit and take control of their powers. It?s the Realms, just roll with it)

Really, just look at the evil LP [http://lparchive.org/Neverwinter-Nights-2-Mask-of-the-Betrayer/Update%2043/] of it.

Other than that, I tend to play Lawful Good. In ME 1 I got a total of 4 Renagade points.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Uh...killing every single person I could in Oblivion, ultimately ending up with only respawning characters (read: guards) and essential NPCs left (at least as far as I could tell; I didn't find anyone alive for a while). That's probably about the closest to a "greatly immoral act" I've come in games.

TheBoltman

Jul 14, 2010
Assassin's Creed II. I had a murder song. Also, that nice little trick where you poison a guard and throw money around him so when he rampages.... hehehehehehe.

Kitsune210708

Oct 6, 2010
Gralian said:
I, uh... I don't know why, but i kidnap people on Red Dead Redemption. I find people riding out in the wilderness alone, or i find a stagecoach, i put on my bandana, i kill any companions the victim might have (and any witnesses), and then i rope up the last one left alive, hogtie them, and put them on my horse. I then ride out into the middle of nowhere, it could be a camp, it could be the top of a cliffside, i point the gun at their face, and pull the trigger. The benefit to a cliffside is that the corpse sometimes dramatically ragdolls off the side and falls down the crevice. Sometimes i ride up to a deep river and throw them in, causing them to drown, while i watch. Sometimes i put them in front of a train and wait until they are run over.
Sorta did that for about 2 hours straight, only it wasn't randoms, but police officers, just held most of them off when they tried to arrest me, hog tied the rest, put them on nearby tracks in a ,loooooooong ass line and waited...think i got up to maybe 25 guys hogtied at once? man it was funny when that train went by :)

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
The only one the comes to mind right now is killing everyone in Megaton in Fallout 3.
Why?
Boredom..

And then a deocrated the town with Intact lawn gnomes. >.>

Chimichanga

Jun 27, 2009
Fallout games - Kill everyone. downloaded a mod that would allow me to permanently kill children. When I get omnicidal, I like to be thorough and non discriminant.

Ok, that's a lie: I usually shoot whoever screams the loudest first, then shoot out the legs of the people attacking me with the sawn-off shotgun.

Fictional omnicide may be pretty vanilla, but it's more or less because I can't really do anything else that's more 'immoral'. The only variation is dependent on how I feel like killing all of them.

Eh, that's technically a lie too - there's that whole slaver thing that I think would be more'immoral', it's just that I usually don't have the effort or work ethic to chase people around or travel far to each settlement, or back-stab or betray anyone into getting the collars on them when killing is way much more amusing and satiates with instant gratification.

That reminds me - did anyone else play the Point Lookout DLC? Wasn't Desmond the most awesome character in the Bethesda continuity? He is in my opinion.

Other than the Fallout series, the only other game that really allows me to go all omnicidal on people was Fable - but it's not as fun. I prefer automatic rifles and chainsaws to swords and muskets.

Not many other games really pander to the level of freedom which makes these little killing frenzies enjoyable either - so it's pretty much only limited to the open-world games.

chach_face

Mar 2, 2010
GTA III
Pick up a hooker
Have sex with her
Run her over and get your money back (They're broke unless you pay 'em)

Xangi

Mar 4, 2009
Dwarf Fortress, that is all

But seriously.

I cut a guy's legs and hands off, somehow not killing him, then aggro'd the nearby wildlife (which was mainly tigers), and led them to him, then ran, snuck back, and watched them kill him slowly. The kicker is, he was a peasant who was so enraptured with seeing (legend status FTW) me that he decided to be my follower.

I then stole all his stuff, sold it, and proceeded to kill every peasant in a similar manner, with one having every bone I could target broken before I ripped out his eyes and snapped his neck, and another having me stick both my longswords in his chest then kick him in the face until he died.

... Yeah, DF Adventure mode is pretty screwed up.