The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

Gralian

Me, I'm Counting
Sep 24, 2008
Father Time said:
Distorted Stu said:
Killing everything in Fallout 3. Like EVERYSINGLE PERSON.
Wait you can kill the children? How?
There's a mod for Fallout 3 that lets you kill and dismember children just like every other NPC. I forgot what it's called, but i think it's still on Fallout Nexus.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
This may not seem immoral, but I chose the Claw Fossil over the Root Fossil in Pokemon Ruby. I had a choice, I had a chance, and I chose Anorith. The last Lileep, the final one of its kind, forever lost to the sands of the desert, never again to reprise the species so long gone. Anorith became a full time member of my team, but every move reminded me that I had committed genocide.

/A Look too Deep.

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
Mike-E said:
Choosing to let a young woman have a curse put on her that makes her about 60 years older, just so my character would still look young and hip in Fable 2.

OR

Using the Ray Sphere a second time, aware that it might kill thousands of people again in inFamous.
the Fable 2 one isnt that immoral, because Theresa justifies how you required to be young and fit for the quest.
for me it would be welcoming my wife home with our son with a blunderbuss. then fireballing my second wife who was having a banter with wife 1. that was Fable 2.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
-Murdering the homeless in their sleep in Oblivion... Check
-Stabbing the beggar women from Assassin's Creed in the face... Check
-Helping out random NPCs who are down-and-out, asking for a reward and then killing them for not giving me "enough"... Check.
-Befriending the AI in AoE 2, only to place all of my units directly in the center of their largest town, become hostile towards them and destroy their entire civilization before they can react... Check.

I'm kind of a dick sometimes it seems. I usually play the good guy on my first playthrough though, so I guess it evens out.

Oh and I LOVE playing as the Empire whenever possible in Star Wars games. Especially in Empire at War. I blow up planets out of spite. Take a planet from me, will you? If I can't have it, NO ONE CAN!

May 5, 2010
Distorted Stu said:
Killing everything in Fallout 3. Like EVERYSINGLE PERSON.
I tried this, too. I cleaned out Rivet City, Paradise Falls, Tenpenny Tower(twice), Oasis, that Union place with Abraham Lincoln's head on a table, Underworld, Megaton (obviously), Big Town, Arefu, and probably dozens of assorted smaller settlements before giving up.

I also got an achievement in Prototype for killing something like 75 people in a minute, so...There's that.

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
Fbuh said:
The title is pretty much self explanatory. What is the most immoral thing you've done in a video game? For me, it would have to be leading a small girl out of Little Lamplight in Fallout 3 so that she could be sold to slavers.
Anybody who chooses anything unrelated to "Fallout 3", in my opinion, probably hasn't played "Fallout 3". Heh.

Mine would be trying to blow up a child with a mini-nuke.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
I was going to come in here and talk about how I became an utter bastard who killed everyone he could in Fallout 3, and metagamed every single item of worth out of every situation, enslaving everyone else, but I see I'm not the only one who did that.

Though I did leave that android brainless after killing off the guys who were after him. He's completely immortal now and without any kind of free will or sentiance. Delicious.

Besides that, killing the entire population of the the world a hundred times over through my entire gaming career maybe?

Oh and I once ran up a building in Prototype and threw an old women several miles across the city as hard as I could. Also it may have been more than once.

Atticus89

Nov 8, 2010
In Mass Effect, I killed everyone at Zhu's Hope.

I'm typically not that cruel in games, so I don't have many things I can list as being immoral. Also, I tend to not shoot everyone in Fallout 3 since life for them sucks as is. No need to make a nuclear wasteland more depressing... well, I did wipe out the Republic of Dave, but that's not as many people as there were at Zhu's Hope.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
Heh. My kind of thread.

In Left 4 Dead 2 match on Dark Carnival, the party was trying to get the gnome achievement on Expert mode. I went along with it, helped guard the gnome, and saved some lives. So they entrusted me with the gnome. We got past the final Horde and got right at the safehouse when I picked up the gnome and threw it past the fence right when someone closed the door. I was booted.

Dingo John

Mar 26, 2011
In Hitman: Codename 47, I killed a gangster boss and then his bodyguard. Then I put them in a 69 position, and left silently ! That way he would be found looking very gay and it would undermine all that he had ever stood for, and he would be hated by his gangster community and they would piss on his grave for all eternity ! MUAHAHAHAHA !

Also I once shot an old man in the face with a shotgun because he bumped into me on the street.. Stupid old fool !

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
In Fallout (both 3 and NV)I've slaughtered entire settlements just because one person was rude to me.
In Prototype I slaughter thousands of civilians and caused the military to shoot hundreds of their own guys (using the Patsy move).
And in Saint's Row 2 I'd throw remote bombs on random people and, once their in a crowd, detonate them. I'd also load down a car (which I usually jacked) with remote mines, drive it into a crowd of people or other cars and detonate it.
Then in the Grand Theft Auto games, when I wasn't running people over in cars, I'd walk down the street and randomly shoot people in the head.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Hmmm... in Spore I wiped out entire civilisations solely to cheaply increase the size of my Empire, that's more evil than anything else I've done.

Sparrow475

Oct 7, 2010
If we're including things done in a modded version, slaughtering the entire population of Little Lamplight and then cannibalizing the bodies.

burninglondon

Oct 23, 2008
ShadeHedgehog1 said:
Well, I threw an old lady off the Ultor Building in Saints Row 2

Heh, she thought I was taking her to the Grocery Store XD
Seriously. How'd you get her up there?

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
Fbuh said:
The title is pretty much self explanatory. What is the most immoral thing you've done in a video game? For me, it would have to be leading a small girl out of Little Lamplight in Fallout 3 so that she could be sold to slavers.
HOW COULD YOU ENSLAVE BUMBLE

Nah, it's just a bunch of pixels... I don't really care.

Mine would be in Fallout 3, I got bored so I went around planting Grenades/Mines in everyone's inventory to kill them. NPC heads were everywhere, and I had fun! I'm sick.

Oh, and I went through a second time by hitting people with the Experimental MIRV. Guess how that went. (Shoots 8 Mini nukes at once. If you are even 50 feet from your target when you shoot it, you will die...)

Oh, and activating ACRHIMEDES II in F:NV. "Ooh, what does this do?"

docSpitfire

Jun 13, 2011
The things I used to throw innocent civilians at in Hulk ultimate destruction...
I'm too far to hurt the tank, but nothing near by to throw? *civilian frustration throw* (yeah doesn't do any damage)
I'm surrounded by cops shooting at me and civis are running buy? *systematically kills all the cops with thrown civilians*
Bored? *Throws civilian at another person's car*

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
Let's see. Mass murder, followed by extreme usury on all the property I owned. All in Fable 1.
Otherwise, I'd say collaborating with a galaxy spanning tyrannical empire, condoning genocide, xenophobia and rule by terror, all in the name of order: TIE Fighter.

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
Murder? As far as I'm concerned it's the most immoral thing you can do to another human being.

I haven't tortured anyone in a game, which depending on how you look at it is either worse or not as immoral/unethical as murder.(in my opinion it's not, because the person is still alive, but I can see how someone would disagree)

EDIT: I suppose choosing "mass crucifixion" for every city that I conquered in Rome: Total War, is by far the most cruel and inhuman thing I've done in a game.

(Why? to lower the "culture difference" penalty by exterminating as many ppl as possible from the other culture to ensure the new Roman population would become majority as soon as possible)