The Most Immoral Thing You've Done in a Video Game

Cockney_Jesus

Feb 18, 2009
Abe's Exoddus, finding a group of mudokons, slapping one and watching him slap the guy next to him in a rage, who then gets angry and slaps someone else until they're all hitting each other. Then one dies, they all get depressed, you hit one, he kills himself then the others all do it. Watching them all simultaneously beating themselves to death feels so evil!

Although in the Sims 2 I made a house with me and 6 little boys, I had a luxury house and they were trapped in a dark room with no windows, toilet etc. I'd give them just enough food to stay alive. After a few weeks they were sleeping in their own piss, flies buzzing around, desparate for food...I was watching my flat screen tv and having sex with the local men and women :)

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
In Drakengard, in one mission i was faced with the fact that the big bads were using child soldiers who were basically forced into fighting...i proceeded to slaughter each and every one of them. Yeah...i took a good long look at myself after i went through with that, although to be fair it was the only way to beat that mission.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
I exterminated the life of a Australia-sized island. Permanently. I left it to the animals. I was the most badass druid ever in that game of Morrowind.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Hours and hours of mass murder in Postal 2. In one play through I managed to rack up well over 3000 civilian kills over the five day course of the main game.

That and feeding a cop the dog turd you can find in the convenience store, they eat it and immediately projectile vomit, then attempt to kill\arrest you. This is also in Postal 2.

schiz0phren1c

Jan 17, 2008
My "good" character in Fable 2 would entice townspeople out in the woods where a tragic "accident" would befall them,enabling me to become a property tycoon by buying their houses and shops...all while hiding my evil laughter :)

Slayer_2

Jul 28, 2008
xXxJessicaxXx said:
KefkaCultist said:
I shot a child in Fallout 3... A LOT. Just too bad that they can't die.

(it was that bratty kid in Rivet City in case anyone wonders my reasoning)
Hey if your interested.

There a quest where you can persuade him and his little girlfriend to 'run away' where they presumably die horribly at the hand of Super mutants or feral ghouls bwahahahhaha
Now that is something I have to try... I have a killable kids mod (no more little lamplight), but that is way more subtle.

krugerrand123

Apr 6, 2010
In fable 2, I had gotten to the stage with a girl where she is your fiance, then i had her sacrificed to the shadow temple.

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Mine involves GTA: San Andreas, a hooker, and me getting my money back the only way possible XD Oh to be 14 again haha.

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
although i could never actually do this, i saw it on my friend's playthrough of the game

KOTOR takes this hands down, forcing zalbaar to kill his best friend while she has to just stand there and be murdered by the person she trusts most in the universe, all the while you just stand there watching, stone-faced *sniff* mission....

snagli

Jan 21, 2011
A lot of people are going with Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and so am I, I guess. Nuking a town and injecting the cure to FEV into the purifier, killing everyone but Enclave was a pretty nasty thing to do.

Also, killing the entire Rachni species in Mass Effect, sacraficing millions of aliens in Mass Effect, and killing 6 of my companions in Dragon Age: Origins

Weilyn

Jan 27, 2010
While playing Fallout 2 I was dicking around in Vault City, looking for quests. I came across a woman who offered me a pretty large amount of caps if I saved her husband from imprisonment by the fascist vault dwellers.

I asked her to pay me by having sex with me instead.

She started to cry, but ultimately agreed.

Now, this might not seem very immoral (compared to killing and maiming dozens of innocents, which I had done earlier in Klamath, when somebody saw me steal a spoon or something) but the point is that I didn't gain anything from it.

Sure, I joined the Dark Brotherhood for money and the awesome armour in Oblivion. Sure, I blew up Megatown in Fallout 3 for a handful of caps. Sure, I murdered hundreds of farming villagers in Age of Empires II to stop them from providing my enemy with food.

All of these acts were pretty atrocious, but at least I had kind of a reason to commit them.

But i raped Amanda from Vault City, and I gained nothing from it. No money, no equipment, no experience points, not even a cut scene.

It was just for shits and giggles. And that made me sick.

Oh, and also, I never saved her husband.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Half-Life 1: Waited until scientists or Barney's became useless (especially Barney's when I ran out of pistol ammo) and crowbar'd them.

Almost every RPG: Looted every posession in NPC homes/stores/castles/etc., sometimes right in front of them usually without retaliation. Murdered those who retaliated.

Fallout 3: Placed mines in the pants of every NPC I came across when they outlived their usefulness or proved to be an annoyance. Whichever came first.

Fable 2: Sacrificed every person I'd married at the Evil temple. Just to do it. Didn't know about rewards at the time...

GTA Series: While in a high speed police chase, ramming cops into unsuspecting citizens. They shouldn't be chasing me at high speeds anyway...

Halo series: Any Marine that pissed me off got a sticky-grenade to the ass or face... or both.

pauseandeffect

Jun 15, 2011
I guess mine would be in GTA 4 where I let all the cops build up underneath my ledge that I was perched on. Then shooting down a helo so that it crashed on all of them and then running over the scorched corpses with a car.

That and playing Duke Nukem Forever.

Peter Donaldson

Jan 9, 2011
MostlyHarmless said:
Heh. My kind of thread.

In Left 4 Dead 2 match on Dark Carnival, the party was trying to get the gnome achievement on Expert mode. I went along with it, helped guard the gnome, and saved some lives. So they entrusted me with the gnome. We got past the final Horde and got right at the safehouse when I picked up the gnome and threw it past the fence right when someone closed the door. I was booted.
This is the worst thing I've seen so far. Killing NPC's dosn't come close to this dickish ness

DanielDeFig

Oct 22, 2009
P.Tsunami said:
DanielDeFig said:
Murder? As far as I'm concerned it's the most immoral thing you can do to another human being.
If you were given the choice between being killed painlessly, or imprisoned (with no hope of escape) and tortured for the entirety of your natural lifespan, which would you choose?
Like I said, when it comes to torture it's up to debate, and mostly comes down to how you personally feel. Personally, I'd rather be alive and in excruciating pain, than dead, where can't feel or experience anything again. I suppose it has to do with the fact that I don't believe in any sort of afterlife or reincarnation, so I'd personally prefer keeping my one shot at life as long as possible. I understand that there are a lot of people who would disagree, and I realize that it's up to them to decide how they feel about it.

How more unethical/immoral one is than the other, is an entirely different debate, where I for similar reason maintain that taking away someone's single shot at life is worse than making it unbearable (though, obviously they're both on the most extreme end or immoral/unethical acts possible by human beings)